Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ONLY for Obama voters,will u vote for him again in 2012..?
YES 125 78.62%
NO 34 21.38%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2010, 02:07 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
He is intelligent and applying that asset in working in the best interest of the United States.
Boy, has he ever got you fooled...! If you knew better, you would be embarrassed..!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 02:18 PM

438 posts, read 503,395 times
If Ron Paul runs and he has a realistic chance then I would vote for him. If not then it is too early to tell who I would vote for.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:34 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,948 times
Guys,let's stay within the TOS...

And please,only real Obama voters should vote...

It feels good to say & post the truth...

Let us all feel good while posting in CDF...

PacNY,u r an interesting segment of the pop...

Try to decide about Obama,regardless of the opponent...

Voting is much like a love affair...

We decide if we stay or if we go regardless of the temptations surrounding us ( which always exist )...

Old 04-04-2010, 02:36 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Consider the alternative

Old 04-04-2010, 03:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
no, my problem is i have not been radical enough, next vote bill cosby for president and VP dave ramsey
have a great easter

Old 04-04-2010, 07:50 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,685 times
I would drink a battery acid cocktail before I vote for that bum again.

Happy Easter everybody!

Last edited by kris; 01-10-2014 at 07:37 AM..

Old 04-04-2010, 08:25 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,716 times
Personally, I think it's far too premature to answer this question. He's just a 1/4 of the way through his term and a lot can happen over the 3/4. See, I don't vote a person just because they belong to a specific party. When the nears, I will consider what Obama has accomplished as well as the other candidates and then I will make my decision. Having said that, I can't say that I'm too disappointed with what he has done considering the environment in which he campaigned and the environment that he actually inherited (drastically different). I think he's made some mistakes along the way but I think overall, we're in slightly better shape than we would have been otherwise. That's talking of the present not the future. I believe that, at some point, we (as a country) will have to make some tough decisions due to debt caused not just by healthcare but bailouts and everything else that has gotten us to this point.

If the question was, would I vote for him knowing what I know today? The answer would be yes. I have a really hard time believing that McCain would have done any better. In fact, I think he would have dragged his feet until the unemployed continued to rise to even higher levels and probably would have done the same thing. I believe that healthcare is the right thing to do though I'm not completely sold on this plan nor do I think the timing was right. All-in-all, I'd give him a C+ thus far and I do think his approval ratings will rise over the next year or so before going back down again. I also think that Republicans will likely gain seats in November and as oddly as it sounds, I think that will help Obama's approval rating.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:38 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,274 times
I agree, it's too early to tell. I didn't vote for him last round but I just might on the next go.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:26 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
God bless public polls. I know for a fact, via post history search, 7 of the 18 who voted no are lying.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:25 PM

839 posts, read 982,692 times
Of course I will! I've been pretty pleased with President Obama so far, though he's disappointed me a few times. The job has a huge learning curve, but in recent weeks he seems to have finally grown into the job. Much has been accomplished rather recently (healthcare reform, reform of student loans, new fuel efficiency standards, S-CHIP, the arms reduction treaty with Russia, improved relations with Pakistan, better relations with Europe, credit card reform, expansion of protected environmental areas, what I would consider improvements in both Iraq and our approach to Afghanistan, the stimulus, etc.). What's more, I firmly believe that in the coming two years the economy will improve drastically, we'll get real energy reform and we'll see many more improvements in both domestic policies and our approach to international affairs.

Even if I wasn't as pleased with Obama as I am, I'd still vote for him because I'm a straight-ticked Democratic voter. I won't vote Republican and voting for a third party in this country is a waste; we've got two viable parties and I only agree with one of them. I, therefore, will necessarily vote for the Democratic nominee for president in 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections