Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 04:22 PM

371 posts, read 1,259,912 times

Advertisements

perhaps it's our simple need for fantasy....nothing wrong w/ that. Hello Kitty is fantasy, too, you know- a little to 'bubble gummy' for my taste. However, the attraction to the darker side of vampires....I myself find something irresistable about the handsome vampire that seduces a woman into elongating her neck for him. Who knows why?? Power? Seduction? Bad Boy? I've been watching Being Human on the BBC and find Mitchel, the vampire, amazingly sexy ( a bit older than the teen movies). There's also a sense of mystery of being so very close to something that could kill you, yet doesn't. Interesting question...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 07:46 PM

289 posts, read 570,077 times
I've always had a slight interest in pretty much anything supernatural related. My favorite is defiently the Vampire because of the mystery, darkness, & imortality surrounding most of them. I get that they're not real but the idea of being able to live forever defiently has a certain appeal. And I am a night person. I hate getting up in the mornings so the whole awake at night & sleep in the day is totally my kind of thing.

I'm not saying that I got ghost hunting & believe in evil spirits & witches & all the other things that go bump in the night. But I have always believed that there are certain things that happen that we were never meant to understand & will never be able to explain.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:28 AM

122 posts, read 207,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheT View Post
I miss Dracula vampires.
Dracula vampires is really a funny guy

Old 10-08-2010, 05:05 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerafaith View Post
I've always had a slight interest in pretty much anything supernatural related. My favorite is defiently the Vampire because of the mystery, darkness, & imortality surrounding most of them. I get that they're not real but the idea of being able to live forever defiently has a certain appeal. And I am a night person. I hate getting up in the mornings so the whole awake at night & sleep in the day is totally my kind of thing.

I'm not saying that I got ghost hunting & believe in evil spirits & witches & all the other things that go bump in the night. But I have always believed that there are certain things that happen that we were never meant to understand & will never be able to explain.
I agree that the idea of having people living among us that have already been alive during the Middle Ages is interesting.
What I find odd when I watch those modern series and movies is that those vampires are more like ninja-vampires, always fighting, as if Dracula had been the Jacky Chan of the whites

Old 10-21-2010, 06:57 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I was thinking about the remake of " Fright Night" they're doing for next year and how it will go over. It was a cult favorite of mine, having seen it in the theater way back in 85.
It was a fun movie, not without a few plot holes but the casting overall was great. Chris Sarandon was just fantastic as Jerry Dandridge. And Roddy, perfect casting, I always liked him. William Ragsdale as Charley going unhinged at what he is up against. Evil Ed, Stephen Geoffries, I think his name is, he was perfect and had some unforgettable lines. And while I thought Amanda Bearse was too mousy for the role of Amy, watching her in it now and thinking of her as Marcy Darcy from Married With Children, I gotta laugh. Just a great Vampire movie.
But that was the 80s and now vampires have gotten pretty.... gay. I'm not sure they can make Vampires as scary as they need to be to make them good villains. In the 90s vampire hunters got a little ridiculously powerful( Blade, Buffy) and that weakened vampires a bit.
We saw Jerry Dandridge go from ultra cool ladies man to a misshapen demonic creature as he became more wounded and desperate to fight off those who wanted to destroy him. I always thought we saw his true form just before daylight destroyed him. I'm not sure how that will go over with the legions of young girls today who love sparkly sensitive vampires. Are vampires even still scary?
I look back to the first "Salem's Lot" movie and the vampire Barlow was as scary as any vampire with those Nosferatu looks. I don't even think he even spoke. I'd like to see him as a romantic interest for soem teenage girl in a movie, LOL.
" Fright Night" may not be doable. I'm skeptical of the casting already.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:18 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times
It's a dark world, so shows about the "dark side" are popular. Plus, admittedly, today's TV vampires are pretty danged sexy.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:13 PM

8,324 posts, read 13,453,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Vampires tend to be in good shape, they dress well, act classy, are good dancers, and have a touch of 'the dark side'. Chicks have been eating that up for centuries.
Haha...pretty much! If the vampires looked anything like the ones in the old B movie series Subspecies, none of these people would have the slightest infatuation with them.

The portrayal of vampires in those movie series seemed a lot more realistic to me than any other movie I have seen so far.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:46 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,191,458 times
I like vampire stories...which may sound a bit weird after my next statement.

DID THEY IMBED A BRAINWASHING SOFTWARE IN TWILIGHT MOVIES??

I swear to god, if one more of my friends tells me I just HAVE to watch/read/talk about anything Twilight I may puke. The books sucked. If a book sucks, I'm going to refuse to watch the movie. It's like vampires for lovesick hormonal thirteen year olds. BAH.

~end rant~

Old 11-14-2010, 11:51 PM

6 posts, read 22,022 times
Real Vampires are evolved, intelligent, romantic, and understand and appreciate life far more than mundanes do, so naturally they are a leady figure in our culture as they have been since the beginning of time.

There is nothing evil or monsterous about them, and if you think there is then you obviously lack a real understanding of what the vampire is.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:53 PM

6 posts, read 22,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by light_shimmer View Post
I like vampire stories...which may sound a bit weird after my next statement.

DID THEY IMBED A BRAINWASHING SOFTWARE IN TWILIGHT MOVIES??

I swear to god, if one more of my friends tells me I just HAVE to watch/read/talk about anything Twilight I may puke. The books sucked. If a book sucks, I'm going to refuse to watch the movie. It's like vampires for lovesick hormonal thirteen year olds. BAH.

~end rant~
The movies are even worse....the writing is amateurish at best, the acting (or the lack there of) is beyond bad, and real vampire do NOT sparkle (What was that chick smoking when she cam uip with that lame idea?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts