Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:16 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,307,599 times

Advertisements

These guys are about 14 or 15 in this one. More from the land of OZ that don't disappoint. It must be the outback.... I don't know? I bet I know who can answer it though?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJbuC...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 05:01 PM

2,883 posts, read 5,892,804 times
I think it's the economy.

I think the internet has sort of turned into a mob. It's 90% economic. Remember the 90's? Backstreet boys, lfo, n-sync. No one hated those bands like beiber....or the hate wasn't as intense. I think we live now in an age of almost a lynch mob.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:38 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,207 times
When you see a 16 year old no talent arse clown catapulted into stardom almost overnight making millions...........umm..........yeah it makes sense. The kid is the epitome of what's wrong with American male teens nowadays. Whimpy, girly, emasculated. And even grown women throw themselves at these little pukes. Look at the Twilight trilogy obsession.

It's pretty sad when Michael Jordan, Justin Bieber, and Tiger Woods do what they do when their country is in economic turmoil. America is a cutthroat, hypercompetitive society nowadays. Winner takes all. Justin Bieber is also extremely "handled" by his mother and other people. Almost to a sickening level.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:45 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
These guys are about 14 or 15 in this one. More from the land of OZ that don't disappoint. It must be the outback.... I don't know? I bet I know who can answer it though?

Good lord

I played the clip and all the dogs in the neighborhood started howling....

LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post

Awesome song and they were a great band, atleast I loved their first Album. Whatever happened to them?

Old 12-03-2010, 11:17 AM

563 posts, read 1,499,168 times
I think his talent is comparable to Britney Spears, and I absolutely HATE HATE HATE his hair!!!
Disney snatched up a semi-talented kid so they could milk him for every penny he's worth. He's no different than Miley Cyrus or Hilary Duff... they all sold their souls to Disney! It's all about making money. And it's really lame.

When he's older, if he can hold on to the fame, and maybe look like less of a dbag, I won't hate him so much. Heck, if he got a haircut today, I would like him 10x better.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:28 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,886,698 times
I'm a mom and a grandma and I think he has as much talent as others in his genre-teen pop star. My teens hate him and I think it is because he is not cool enough for their age group and is marketed to tweens. To admit he had any talent would be to look really uncool and immature.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:13 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter 1 View Post
Why is everyone so mean to Justin Bieber JB?

Why is everyone so mean to him he's a 16 year old boy doing what he loves playing Drums etc and singing he's songs. So why do people hate him?
are they jeiliious or are they a failed singers, Actors or musicans.

People need to stop hateing him leave Justin Bieber alone.
I agree he's just a kid. You can barely listen to any music at YouTube without reading some insulting remark/comment about him....it's kinda pathetic. Personally I don't like his music but one does not need to personally attack him with nasty rhetoric.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:16 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,228,205 times
It's typical for 'teeny bopper' boys to take a beat down...especially when slinging bubble gum music. Not to mention the kid comes off as a little light in loafers and goofy.

Just sayin'

Old 12-04-2010, 08:39 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,623,744 times
Most of the hate is actually coming from older Millenials in their later teens & 20's who resent their diminishing role as tastemakers and arbiters of what is supposedly cool or hip. In this sense it's intra-generational conflict that's just being brought to the forefront because of the instant feedback provided by all the social networking machinery. If Web 2.0 were as evolved a decade ago, i'm sure the reaction would've been the same (or worse) when Hanson & all the boy bands like BSB & NSync bombarded our ears with their sophomoric & sappy pop tunes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts