Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 12:27 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,194 times

Advertisements

Hate to see Sharon go. Sheryl Underwood doesn't have the experience to be a moderator.

Quote:
"Sharon Osbourne has decided to leave The Talk," the network said in a statement to USA TODAY Friday. "The events of the March 10 broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home. As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behavior toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace."

During the exchange, Osbourne said she felt as though she was "about to be put in the electric chair because I have a friend who many people think is a racist and that makes me a racist," referring to Piers Morgan, her former "America's Got Talent" co-judge, who said he didn't "believe a word" of Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry's tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/sh...TnJ?li=BBnbfcL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 03:03 PM

3,451 posts, read 2,779,135 times
I wonder if she got a big check on the way out.

Old 03-27-2021, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
I wonder if she got a big check on the way out.
I hope so, but I doubt. Sheryl Underwood's hesitance and verbiage when asking Sharon the question concerning race caused Sharon to snap. Watch the clip below. Sheryl Underwood is no Oprah. Sharon isn't racist, she should have not had to address questions concerning Piers Morgan. Let Piers Morgan speak for himself, Sharon isn't Morgan's interpreter. I'm not Sharon's interpreter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUviHcV8NA

Last edited by tillman7; 03-27-2021 at 05:53 PM..

Old 03-28-2021, 01:56 AM

19,700 posts, read 20,232,643 times
Bye!

Old 03-28-2021, 02:00 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,568,640 times
Do people actually watch that trash?

Old 03-28-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Do people actually watch that trash?
Yes!

Old 03-30-2021, 03:39 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,019,640 times
I don't believe a word coming out of Meghans mouth either and now not only has she alienated herself from her biological family she's alienated herself from her in-laws too. Apart from her 'hangers on' has she any real friends left? With the exception of her idiot husband that is.

Old 03-30-2021, 04:53 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,594,380 times
I don’t watch “Good Morning Britain”, but I have seen a few 10-15 second flashes of it, and Piers Morgan comes off, (to me), as a self opinionated, bombastic, ignorant boor.
No matter who’s speaking, he’ll chime in and talk right over them, just about the worst kind of character that you want on a talking heads discussion show.
However, having watched his flounce from the set of the show on various news channels, and what led up to it, I’m finding it hard to see any overt racism in what he said.
Unless I missed something, he appeared to say that he didn’t believe a word that came out of Ms. Markle’s mouth, he didn’t say, “She’s black, so she must be a liar”, he simply stated that he didn’t believe anything that she said during the Oprah interview.
I still don’t like him, and if he appears on my screen, I’ll reach for the remote, but I’m yet to be convinced that he’s the UK’s male answer to Alex Housden.

Old 03-30-2021, 06:26 AM

16,417 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I don't believe a word coming out of Meghans mouth either and now not only has she alienated herself from her biological family she's alienated herself from her in-laws too. Apart from her 'hangers on' has she any real friends left? With the exception of her idiot husband that is.
Alienated herself from her biological family? What about her mother, to whom she is very close? Does she not count? The only family she's alienated from are a couple half siblings (including a half sister who managed to capitalize on their shared DNA), and an attention seeking father. Her niece and nephews have spoken kindly of her.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:41 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,021,108 times
I don't really have an opinion on Meghan Markle, one way or another. Their drama is their drama.

But I agree, that Piers Morgan is a boor and a bombastic, rude, and self-inflated human being. It seems so typical, to me, that he would behave the way he behaved. And that said, I think he would've had the same reaction about anyone in similar circumstances. I'm not sure it's a racist stance, but maybe more of a "how dare an American woman disrupt the British monarchy" kind of thing.

I think Sharon Osbourne will be just fine, and I admire her for sticking up for her friend. (Even if he is a rude boor. LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts