Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:25 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,155,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eihab View Post
Every time I hear about Serbia, I remember the massacre which happened to Kosovo.
I'm sure you do... because you are a product of western media bias in reporting.
If you understood the history of the area better (i.e. what the Ottoman Turks/muslims) did to to the Christian Serbs for 500 years, as well as the atrocities (like beheadings) that Kosovar and Bosnian muslims have inflicted on Serbs in more recent times, maybe you would think differently.
Being white and Christian, the Serbs won't get an even break from western media.
And no... I don't have a drop of Serb blood in me. I just understand history and geopolitics better than most.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:34 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,690,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Mad Vlad View Post
What Genocide? Do you even known the meaning of the therm called "genocide"? Where did that genocide hapened? You don't even know where Kosovo is on the face of the map.

Serbs have been pushed from Kosovo by Albanians, Serbs fight back, than NATO has decided to bomb Serbia. Thanks to USA, Kosovo Albanians now have freedom, freedom to use drugs, a freedom to kill any non-albanian in Kosovo and a freedom to shoot on cops. Kosovo is an outlaw "country", nobody in Kosovo pays the electricity bills. Indipendent "state" of Kosovo gives the electricity for free, because the average habitant of Kosovo does not have money even to pay electrical bills.
Actually, I do, Kosovo is southwest of Serbia, its capital is Pristina (Prishtina) and is has a majority Muslim population, like their close ally Albania, which was caused by the Ottoman Invasion 500-600 years ago. After The Ottoman and Austrian defeats in World War 1, Serbia joined the Nation of Yugoslavia, which comprised of Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, and Slovenia, and in the early 90's Yugoslavia broke up with only Serbia and Montenegro remained until Montenegro seceded in 2006. Kosovo tried to secede once before with little success but then when it seceded in 2008 many nations recognized Kosovo, and now it functions as its own nation that is not under Serbian law.
Don't test my history or geography knowledge.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
I'm sure you do... because you are a product of western media bias in reporting.
If you understood the history of the area better (i.e. what the Ottoman Turks/muslims) did to to the Christian Serbs for 500 years, as well as the atrocities (like beheadings) that Kosovar and Bosnian muslims have inflicted on Serbs in more recent times, maybe you would think differently.
Being white and Christian, the Serbs won't get an even break from western media.
And no... I don't have a drop of Serb blood in me. I just understand history and geopolitics better than most.
Yeah the west always loves their minorities.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:03 AM

20 posts, read 61,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Actually, I do, Kosovo is southwest of Serbia, its capital is Pristina (Prishtina) and is has a majority Muslim population, like their close ally Albania, which was caused by the Ottoman Invasion 500-600 years ago. After The Ottoman and Austrian defeats in World War 1, Serbia joined the Nation of Yugoslavia, which comprised of Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, and Slovenia, and in the early 90's Yugoslavia broke up with only Serbia and Montenegro remained until Montenegro seceded in 2006. Kosovo tried to secede once before with little success but then when it seceded in 2008 many nations recognized Kosovo, and now it functions as its own nation that is not under Serbian law.
Don't test my history or geography knowledge.
You are missing the point of my question, i have asked you: What genocide in Kosovo? Who against who? Do you know what is the League of Prizren? And please, do not use wikipedia this time, because your mind is your best friend.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:03 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
To all the foes of Serbia : Kosmet is as much part of Serbia as Eastern Bosnia and as Wisconsin is part of the USA , or Transdniestra/Abkhazia/most of Ossetia part of Russia, or Nagorno Karabakh part of Armenia, or the Palestinian Territories as long as they don't become independent are part of Israel, and (unfortunatelyà Northern Cyprus is part of Turkey.
Political correctness and geopolitical reality are two widely different things. Widely different.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:54 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
To all the foes of Serbia : Kosmet is as much part of Serbia as Eastern Bosnia and as Wisconsin is part of the USA , or Transdniestra/Abkhazia/most of Ossetia part of Russia, or Nagorno Karabakh part of Armenia, or the Palestinian Territories as long as they don't become independent are part of Israel, and (unfortunatelyà Northern Cyprus is part of Turkey.
Political correctness and geopolitical reality are two widely different things. Widely different.
"Kosmet" is as much a part of Serbia today, as Vajdaság (Vojvodina) is part of the Hungarian Empire today (which is NOT AT ALL). From the time of Saint Stephen I in the year 1000 to the Treaty of Trianon in 1918, it was part of Hungary.

Get over it.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Mad Vlad View Post
You are missing the point of my question, i have asked you: What genocide in Kosovo? Who against who? Do you know what is the League of Prizren? And please, do not use wikipedia this time, because your mind is your best friend.
The very genocide that was the reason that NATO bombed Serbia in the 90's, because Serbs were murdering the Albanian Muslims. and I didn't even use wikipedia, I just know that stuff, I'm am also well aware that the Muslims killed the Serbs as well but that is no excuse for killing more people.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Unlike all of those other territories Wisconsin is actually a legal part of the United States and its under the United States governance (Except for perhaps Northern Cyprus)

Old 06-09-2009, 07:27 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Don't serbians hate the US?
I don't know if the average citizen feels any hatred for the entire USA....people may resent what the governments do, including their own. I find that true of the Serbs I know.

I talk to a few Serbs online and they are really nice & cool people. They don't hate Americans at all. They dislike being so isolated though, as it's hard for them to leave Serbia. Anyone know what they likelihood of Serbs being given easier access to travel? Apparently, it's very hard for them to get a visa to visit other countries right now.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:01 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,292,229 times
Serbia= in the business of mass murder or assisting in mass murder since 1992.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe