Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 02:06 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,871 times

Advertisements

I still can't what message he was trying to send, I mean shooting children in a camp? What possible gain could be Breivik hope to get from that act? That said I'm confident Norway will handle the aftermath in a rational matter, and won't result in a mass hysteria like what happen here in the US after 9/11.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:54 PM

119 posts, read 150,720 times
I'm quite chilled actually. Actually it has not been established motives of a religious fanatic. The attack is definitively political. Dont believe whatever the media serves you. I will wait till there are press releases from the police in the aftermath.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 07-23-2011 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: orphaned material removed

Old 07-23-2011, 03:36 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,748,958 times
Mod Note:

Before my Inbox gets inundated with howls of protest over removed material, members need to be aware that discussions on the events in Norway are fine; tangential posts on the motives of other members are off topic and will be removed.

Keep it on the topic of the thread, please.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:14 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,689,318 times
My heart goes out to my homeland. Enige og troe, indtil Dovre falder!(United and loyal until the mountains of Dovre crumble!)

Old 07-23-2011, 07:08 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,876,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolpioni View Post
Does anyone else think this might have some connection to the fact that Norway acknowledged the Palestinian state a couple of days ago? Might be some Zionists who hired a psychopath.
I don't think he could have done all of this by himself, this is not the typical behavior of a mentally disturbed neo-Nazi.
What would hiring a crazy person to shoot a bunch of innocent kids achieve? No, sounds like a typical right wing nut job. He didn't like immigrants or islam so he shot a bunch of white ethnic norwegian christians because they went to a camp run by a left wing political party. He has done nothing but cast a bad light on the right wing and a positive light on islam. earlier on this thread many people were yelling bloody murder on islam but notice how they have shut up. Now that a right wing nationalist did it they become apologist and try to blame the jews. Next they will be saying it is islam's fault for driving him crazy.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:12 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
A greater outrage is why didn't he do the honorable thing and kill himself afterwards, being that Norway doesn't have the Death Sentence.

He's still young enough, where he could spend decades in prison. In this country, it costs around $50k a year to house a criminal. And then add in the legal costs of trying him in court.

I say, take all that $$, and give it to the victim's families, as that will acccomplish more than having him sit in prison for decades, sponging off the taxpayers.

Think about it: $50k a year X 30 years is $1.5 million. And the court costs?

There's too many people who'd rather punish, punish, punish, and not stop to think of the alternatives.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
maybe it was Norways Timmothy MCVEIGH every country has its nut jobs
Nut job? I never classify super-patriots as nut jobs!

Those that sit by and allow the government to take our freedom away, day by day, are the real nut jobs!

Old 07-23-2011, 08:20 PM

This incident could have happened anywhere in Europe or the U.S., at this point in time, with the growing resentment of immigrants.

I adhere to the pressure-cooker theory. When the pressure heats up to the boiling point, someone is finally "elected", somewhere, to make a "Statement".

Statement was made. Copy-cat incidents could very well follow this somewhere else in Europe or the U.S.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:38 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,876,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
A greater outrage is why didn't he do the honorable thing and kill himself afterwards, being that Norway doesn't have the Death Sentence.

He's still young enough, where he could spend decades in prison. In this country, it costs around $50k a year to house a criminal. And then add in the legal costs of trying him in court.

I say, take all that $$, and give it to the victim's families, as that will acccomplish more than having him sit in prison for decades, sponging off the taxpayers.

Think about it: $50k a year X 30 years is $1.5 million. And the court costs?

There's too many people who'd rather punish, punish, punish, and not stop to think of the alternatives.
He was a hardcore fundamentalist christian and killing yourself is always the worse sin and never justifiable, neither is mass murder but that hasn't stopped crazies from killing in gods name.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:27 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,689,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Nut job? I never classify super-patriots as nut jobs!

Those that sit by and allow the government to take our freedom away, day by day, are the real nut jobs!
EXCUSE ME?! You are telling me a person who goes out and kills 90+ people ISN'T insane, but just a super-patriot? How is it patriotic to Kill your own people? That man put my family in danger, and he killed many more for his hatred of others, and you are saying he isn't crazy, but just a man making an acceptable statement against the government??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe