Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:52 AM

2 posts, read 10,249 times

Advertisements

no doubt this is very beautiful. But visit Spain too. You can find there beauty with nature.

Moderator cut: signatures/advertising links not permitted

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 01-05-2012 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: Per TOS, Do not include "manual" signatures in your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 04:34 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Northern Spain (Green Spain) is stunning.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 9 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
I knew Austria had some great architecture and natural beauty, but not that great!

I imagine Switzerland would have plenty of similar scenery as Austria.

Other than Switzerland and Austria, these are other countries where someone can find as great architecture and natural beauty:

USA
Canada
China
France
Italy
Spain
Thailand
Vietnam
Norway
Kyrgyzstan
Romania
Georgia
India
Bhutan
Nepal

Beauty can actually be found for most countries in the world.

Last edited by ; 01-05-2012 at 09:42 PM..

Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,054 times
It is absolutely a matter of personal taste.
Pretty much every country has incredibly beautiful places, just in different ways.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM

19 posts, read 44,984 times
talking abut <"physical beaty" South Africa is more beautiful

Old 02-27-2012, 06:31 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
I always enjoy returning to Austria... I worked there briefly after graduation and made lifelong friends.

Hallstatt is a place I make it a point to visit every trip...

Have no idea if it is the most beautiful... suffice to say it is picture perfect or postcard worthy...

Whenever I bring along friends... the rave about the entire lake district... guess we just like mountains/alpine scenery.

Funny thing... most of those that I know in Austria find some warm tropic isle to be paradise... throw in warm blue water, a gentle ocean breeze with a few palm trees and they are in heaven

Old 02-27-2012, 06:44 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
It's certainly up there. I've only been once...to St. Wolfgang. We drove down through Germany and camped there for a week, in a campsite by the huge lake. Bad Ischl was beautiful too. The best way to appreciate the scenery and the steepness of the mountains is to take one of those funicular railways up a mountain. Bloody insane...would love to go back and see Salzburg and Vienna.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:08 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
It's certainly up there. I've only been once...to St. Wolfgang. We drove down through Germany and camped there for a week, in a campsite by the huge lake. Bad Ischl was beautiful too. The best way to appreciate the scenery and the steepness of the mountains is to take one of those funicular railways up a mountain. Bloody insane...would love to go back and see Salzburg and Vienna.
Wolfgang is another spot I take visitor as is the Post Alm Road going over the mountains near Wolfgang...

Vienna is great too... but, it is very different from the rest of Austria... almost like another world... even to Austrians not from Vienna.

Salzburg is another great place to explore on foot... I try to avoid during the music festival because it can be very crowded...

Another favorite for Americans is the Sound of Music locations... not so much for Austrians... but very popular with Americans and Japanese tourists...

I've had friends visit Salzburg with very different takes... one stayed at the Goldener Hirsh in the old town... and spent a fortune... another stayed just outside on the way to Saint Wolfgang and spent a fraction... like 80% less at wonderful Bed and Breakfasts...

Old 02-27-2012, 09:04 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,513 times
First we would have to define "beauty" which, as others have pointed out, is extremely subjective.
Architecture, for me, can often take away from landscape, so it's not really something I consider when thinking about beautiful views.
The US is high on my list due to its variety of landscapes, from New Mexico to Alaska to Maine to Hawaii and everything in between.
Russia is extremely beautiful and vast. However, due to a lack of infrastructure many of the most beautiful places are difficult to get to/inaccessible.
I found the south of Argentina to be breathtaking.
Switzerland is crazy beautiful for mountainous views, as is Nepal.
I happen to enjoy desert landscapes very much. Therefore, the SW of the US, Mongolia, and northern Mexico are high on my list.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:31 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
I didn't realize Austria was so nice looking.

But I read this whole thread waiting for someone to mention Japan. I am disappoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe