Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 09:05 AM

55 posts, read 50,039 times

Advertisements

In Oiropa - Hungary and Austria :P.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:24 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,182,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor View Post
My point is Danish people are closer physically wise to Dutch and Northern Germans than they are to finns.
The Finns are not Scandinavians and they also look different from ex. Swedes and Norwegians.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:53 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,539,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
I guess that means we are going to be very diverse anymore. We will all be the same. Has anyone thought about that? How are we going to continue to be diverse if we all will end up being the same?
A long time ago I saw an article in Time about this. It was a cover story and the model on the front was a computer composite of faces of different races. The point of the article was that the USA will eventually be largely brunettes with medium brown skin and almond-shaped eyes.

TIME Magazine Cover: The New Face of America - Nov. 18, 1993 - Ethnicity - Race - Demographics - Immigration

A friend in advertising recently told me that racially amorphous models are in high demand. In advertising you want models everyone can relate to personally, so you want models that white people will see as white and people of color will see as people of color. It does not matter what race the model really is, only that consumers see themselves in the model.

A big part of the identity of the USA is that it is a melting pot. Eventually yes you will get one dish from mixing all the ingredients together. But that is how it is for every distinct species on earth. If you let dogs just be dogs without all of the interference from humans to make breeds within a species, eventually most dogs would have the same characteristics like most other animals. Think about zebras and leopards. All zebras have stripes and it is only the individual pattern of stripe that makes each one different. Same with leopards and spots. Maybe that is how humans will be someday but the USA will be the first to reflect that because of all the different immigrants here. That won't make humans any less unique as individuals. It won't make Americans any less American either. You can always tell an American overseas. The joke is that if all else fails, look at the teeth.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:52 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
A long time ago I saw an article in Time about this. It was a cover story and the model on the front was a computer composite of faces of different races. The point of the article was that the USA will eventually be largely brunettes with medium brown skin and almond-shaped eyes.

TIME Magazine Cover: The New Face of America - Nov. 18, 1993 - Ethnicity - Race - Demographics - Immigration

A friend in advertising recently told me that racially amorphous models are in high demand. In advertising you want models everyone can relate to personally, so you want models that white people will see as white and people of color will see as people of color. It does not matter what race the model really is, only that consumers see themselves in the model.
Ha-ha, this "amorphous model" looks like some kind of Southern European ( or Hispanic may be) and I am sure that only CERTAIN people can relate to this model, in spite of claims that "everyone can relate to it personally." I don't see *other racial groups* in the US being able to relate to this image at all)))

Quote:
A big part of the identity of the USA is that it is a melting pot.
No, it has been acknowledged already that it's rather a "tossed salad."

Quote:
Eventually yes you will get one dish from mixing all the ingredients together. But that is how it is for every distinct species on earth. If you let dogs just be dogs without all of the interference from humans to make breeds within a species, eventually most dogs would have the same characteristics like most other animals. Think about zebras and leopards. All zebras have stripes and it is only the individual pattern of stripe that makes each one different. Same with leopards and spots. Maybe that is how humans will be someday but the USA will be the first to reflect that because of all the different immigrants here. That won't make humans any less unique as individuals. It won't make Americans any less American either. You can always tell an American overseas. The joke is that if all else fails, look at the teeth.
I have news for you - people are more complex creatures than zebras and leopards when it comes to mating, so the creation of this "homogeneous mixture" is not foreseeable in the future))))

Old 07-20-2016, 04:24 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Where to begin!!!! LOL

Looks..... Italian, Swedish and polish women stand out for me personally...... Stunning is not the word! 😍

Old 07-20-2016, 05:09 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
The Finns are not Scandinavians and they also look different from ex. Swedes and Norwegians.
Lolz. What next? You claim that the Finnish flora look different, because it doesn't fit your pastiche?

Old 07-21-2016, 02:54 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,059,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Where to begin!!!! LOL

Looks..... Italian, Swedish and polish women stand out for me personally...... Stunning is not the word! 😍
Oh look who's on here. You might as well have listed every single European country!

Old 07-21-2016, 02:57 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Oh look who's on here. You might as well have listed every single European country!
Well???.....

Apart from English of course what's your favourite?

( oh and apart from Iceland as well )

Old 07-21-2016, 03:00 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,016,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
I was thinking the same - these 3 countries he mentioned are so different in every aspect I'd like saying you like women from Slovenia, Greece, UK, France and Ukraine - but only them, not the rest...

Old 07-21-2016, 03:11 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,059,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Well???.....

Apart from English of course what's your favourite?

( oh and apart from Iceland as well )
What do you mean "Iceland "?! Well, I did used to like the English, but there's no contest now I've discovered Icelandic men, I'm afraid. They all seem to have the same nice eye/skin/hair colour.

Oh, and I went off Welsh men many years ago, because they are all a bunch of *****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe