Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 12:35 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,432,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilofardin View Post
Indeed, red hair are mutations that took place in isolated populations of R1b mostly.

Of course, the real capital of historical Celts was Galia, comprising Galia Cisalpine and Helvetia.

But again...Asterix and Obelix did a lot of harm....also the pipes, "celtic music" and romanticism...People don't know that pipes are from Provence..

Hibernia became Gaul, but as the rest, their assumption of that culture was rather recent, they had a superb older culture known as the megalithic culture..also present in continental Europe.
Hibernia never became Gaul. Hibernia became Eire not France. Gaul became Gallia Romana (in French " la Gaule Romaine") which in turn became France. R1b doesn't come from Iberia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 12:24 PM

39 posts, read 39,066 times
what about the Americans? they are adition worldwide

Old 08-18-2015, 02:16 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,534,651 times
This is a great map. As you can see the Celts were a tall, dark haired people who lived along the Atlantic fringe, with the short, darker Meds to the south and the Alpine race occupied the mountainous regions.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
This is a great map. As you can see the Celts were a tall, dark haired people who lived along the Atlantic fringe, with the short, darker Meds to the south and the Alpine race occupied the mountainous regions.
No such thing! There is no scientific proof for the so-called Alpinid Race, it 's all BS. Celts were not dark, they were described as very light-complexioned people, their coloring was likened to milk. This means that they were fair.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:31 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette La Bretonne View Post
I'm a Breton, and I have very black hair and brown eyes. There are very few natural blond adults in Brittany.

Most Bretons have brown hair, and skin that tans nicely.

See for yourself: bretons - Google Search
Thank you whoever you are!
This gave me a good idea what these people (Bretons) look like.
Without knowing right off top of my mind, where "Brittany" was, I made a guess that they must be some kind of the "Northerners" ( i.e. the region must be situated in the North ( of whatever) and some kept that very medieval look that I saw only..well... on medieval pictures)))
Overall I came to conclusion that if I see a bunch of people of European descent and I can't see anything in common in their looks from one person to another they must be French)))
But that must be mostly Parisians I think and I guess now that in reality every region has its distinct look.
I'd like to see more if possible.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Sorry there is no medical/scientific proof of that! It is all, just some 18/19th century racial garbage. The only credible evidence in Europe, even along the Atlantic is that light pigmentation becomes more common as one goes northwards from the Iberian Peninsula. The same happens in France!
This is a scientific map based on genes which makes lighter-haired or eyed.

See the "Atlantic fringe" is not homogenous.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:34 PM

185 posts, read 258,612 times
About 35% of France's population has african and arabic roots (why aren't they included on the map?)

Old 08-18-2015, 11:36 PM

185 posts, read 258,612 times
About 35% of France's population has african and arabic roots (why aren't they included on the map?)

Go to Paris and tell me how many celto-germanic you see!!!

or to Marseilles (the north african capital of France) and tell me how many greco-roman you see!!!

it's ridiculous to exclude a gigantic minority just because they're not european in origin even though they are a reality of modern france!

plus la france c'est si passée

Old 08-19-2015, 11:41 AM
F18

542 posts, read 529,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulta View Post

Go to Paris and tell me how many celto-germanic you see!!!

or to Marseilles (the north african capital of France) and tell me how many greco-roman you see!!!

it's ridiculous to exclude a gigantic minority just because they're not european in origin even though they are a reality of modern france!

plus la france c'est si passée
Lol! The highest estimate ever made for people with African roots was 10%.

Some people are just bad with numbers!

Old 08-19-2015, 12:14 PM

2,825 posts, read 5,264,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Without knowing right off top of my mind, where "Brittany" was, I made a guess that they must be some kind of the "Northerners" ( i.e. the region must be situated in the North ( of whatever)
Britanny is in the northern half of France, but not in the far north of it. It is actually further south than Paris.
At European scale, Britanny is at the same latitude as Austria, which hardly "northern"...

I never notice Breton people to have a somehow different types of looks than the average french population. "Bretons" have never been an homogenous people, neither phisically nor linguistically. The large majority are brown haired, with minorities of light haired and dark brown people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe