U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Most Beautiful Women in Europe (PICK 6!)
Irish 59 10.17%
Scottish 29 5.00%
English 57 9.83%
Dutch 62 10.69%
Belgian 18 3.10%
French 144 24.83%
Swiss 33 5.69%
German 61 10.52%
Austrian 25 4.31%
Italian 156 26.90%
Spanish 125 21.55%
Portuguese 53 9.14%
Danish 67 11.55%
Norwegian 95 16.38%
Swedish 166 28.62%
Finnish 59 10.17%
Estonian 44 7.59%
Latvian 33 5.69%
Lithuanian 36 6.21%
Polish 85 14.66%
Ukranian 101 17.41%
Czech 110 18.97%
Slovakian 50 8.62%
Hungarian 65 11.21%
Romanian 57 9.83%
Moldovan 25 4.31%
Slovenian 23 3.97%
Croatian 38 6.55%
Bosnian 15 2.59%
Serbian 45 7.76%
Bulgarian 29 5.00%
Albanian 26 4.48%
Macedonian 12 2.07%
Greek 72 12.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2012, 04:19 AM
 
355 posts, read 910,871 times
Reputation: 295

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I usually like, and agree, with your posts. When I've been in Spain's Andalusia, the Moorish ancestry that crossed near the Strait of Gibraltar is obvious. In the many times I've been to Sicily, I found more light-skinned people there than in most of Spain. They may have dark hair and brown eyes, but a lot of them are fair skinned. The differences between the Spaniards and the Italians, in terms of coloring/complexion, are minimal, but the Moorish presence on the Iberian peninsula is highly visible.


Andalusia is the region of Spain with less Moorish blood. There's more moorish blood in the Northwest (Galicia, Zamora). The reason is that during the XVIIth Century, moorish were expelled from Spain, particularly from Andalusia (because of the Turkish threat). Many moorish converts fled to Northen Spain, where everybody was considered of "clean blood" and the Holy Inquisition was not that powerful.

Andalusia was resettled with Christians, and in some cases, with Europeans. But if you visited Andalusia, you probably saw many Gypsies, and a large part of the service staff is Latin American or Morrocans.

Those people that you saw that looked moorish were probably Morroccans. Morrocans are as abondant in Andalusia as Mexicans in California, most are illegal.

 
Old 05-14-2012, 04:23 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,691 posts, read 37,467,087 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoricoco View Post
Andalusia is the region of Spain with less Moorish blood. There's more moorish blood in the Northwest (Galicia, Zamora). The reason is that during the XVIIth Century, moorish were expelled from Spain, particularly from Andalusia (because of the Turkish threat). Many moorish converts fled to Northen Spain, where everybody was considered of "clean blood" and the Holy Inquisition was not that powerful.

Andalusia was resettled with Christians, and in some cases, with Europeans. But if you visited Andalusia, you probably saw many Gypsies, and a large part of the service staff is Latin American or Morrocans.

Those people that you saw that looked moorish were probably Morroccans. Morrocans are as abondant in Andalusia as Mexicans in California, most are illegal.
Is there a lot of Moorish blood in Portugal? Knew a Portuguese girl who was very dark, not sure if she had Gypsy blood either.
 
Old 05-14-2012, 04:26 AM
 
Location: Spain
195 posts, read 518,382 times
Reputation: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And keeps on producing and producing twenty years after the fall of that aforementioned communism...

It's not communism, it's the Russian culture that produces the ultra-feminine women and macho men, with all the ideas of "man providing," while woman is destined to dazzle him with her gorgeous looks and sex appeal. So the more dazzling the looks, the higher the price to pay.
I can see where this kind of women can cause a headache for American men for example, who are more used to see "business partners" in their wives, but in Southern cultures that are also predisposed to machismo, this type of Russian women can be a better fit.
In southern cultures, women have not had public representation for many years for years, but in Spain many women allways have been "the boss" at home. At least many of them. For example, i remember my grandmother, she could not buy a home without the signature of my grandmother, but when he brought the money to home, he gave it to her, she was responsible for the administration of almost all, i think it was something hubitual in many families. With regard to femininity, I think many men complain that women are no longer so feminine in western countries, Also men have lost part of his "gentlemanly", is a consequence of having more equity between men and women.
 
Old 05-14-2012, 04:48 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,691 posts, read 37,467,087 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailarina View Post
In southern cultures, women have not had public representation for many years for years, but in Spain many women allways have been "the boss" at home. At least many of them. For example, i remember my grandmother, she could not buy a home without the signature of my grandmother, but when he brought the money to home, he gave it to her, she was responsible for the administration of almost all, i think it was something hubitual in many families. With regard to femininity, I think many men complain that women are no longer so feminine in western countries, Also men have lost part of his "gentlemanly", is a consequence of having more equity between men and women.
I notice this in a lot of Spanish film. Powerful female figures. Italian too, even though it's very patriarchal.
 
Old 05-14-2012, 05:18 AM
 
Location: SoCal
1,486 posts, read 2,781,899 times
Reputation: 1082
Italian & Southern European women are much prettier on average then Northern European women (IMO) With the exception of Greeks, i don't find them attractive at all..

NE women look kinda bland and don't age that well.. Not to mention they're more prone to obesity..
 
Old 05-14-2012, 05:20 AM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
9,985 posts, read 9,609,964 times
Reputation: 4490
Why do the French win all the polls on this forum?
If it's about movies, food, culture, cities, women etc., etc....
Stop overrating them!
 
Old 05-14-2012, 05:25 AM
 
355 posts, read 910,871 times
Reputation: 295
Marketing, French have been marketing their country since their revolution.
 
Old 05-14-2012, 05:28 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,691 posts, read 37,467,087 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Italian & Southern European women are much prettier on average then Northern European women (IMO) With the exception of Greeks, i don't find them attractive at all..

NE women look kinda bland and don't age that well.. Not to mention they're more prone to obesity..
Save the UK, the opposite is true.

Italian women seem either very feminine or very masculine.
 
Old 05-14-2012, 05:32 AM
 
355 posts, read 910,871 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Is there a lot of Moorish blood in Portugal? Knew a Portuguese girl who was very dark, not sure if she had Gypsy blood either.

Most people in the Iberian peninsula have had a similar aspect during the last 8.000 years. Exactly the same aspect that original inhabitants of UK. Gypsyes arrived less than 500 years ago, they keep to themselves.

Portuguese look like Spanish, Italians and most French and western European in general.

Last edited by Cocoricoco; 05-14-2012 at 05:40 AM..
 
Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 AM
 
355 posts, read 910,871 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Save the UK, the opposite is true.

Italian women seem either very feminine or very masculine.

Italian women have a very strong character because they have to cope with Italians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top