Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Beautiful Women in Europe (PICK 6!)
Irish 59 10.17%
Scottish 29 5.00%
English 57 9.83%
Dutch 62 10.69%
Belgian 18 3.10%
French 144 24.83%
Swiss 33 5.69%
German 61 10.52%
Austrian 25 4.31%
Italian 156 26.90%
Spanish 125 21.55%
Portuguese 53 9.14%
Danish 67 11.55%
Norwegian 95 16.38%
Swedish 166 28.62%
Finnish 59 10.17%
Estonian 44 7.59%
Latvian 33 5.69%
Lithuanian 36 6.21%
Polish 85 14.66%
Ukranian 101 17.41%
Czech 110 18.97%
Slovakian 50 8.62%
Hungarian 65 11.21%
Romanian 57 9.83%
Moldovan 25 4.31%
Slovenian 23 3.97%
Croatian 38 6.55%
Bosnian 15 2.59%
Serbian 45 7.76%
Bulgarian 29 5.00%
Albanian 26 4.48%
Macedonian 12 2.07%
Greek 72 12.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 03:24 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

^
This is what I am talking about.
This is an example the Nordic type of Russian women and what I've often observed, this was the type that Southern men ( ie Italians, Spaniards) were the most attracted to.
Now someone like Irina Shaykhlislamova ( because that's her real name) doesn't look anything like Slavic woman, really. Because technically she is not, and she is saying herself that people often think that she is South American. The reason behind it, is that she is the result of mixture between Russians and ethnic minorities, ( Tatar in this case, her father,) which often produces very "good-looking" results. In fact, a lot of good-looking Russian women who do not look plain Nordic, have probably some admixture down their bloodlines, be that Caucasians, Kazakhs or what's not. And that's what gives them slightly exotic look, while they still also retain European features, inherited from their Slavic part of the family ( high chick bones, lighter eye color, for example.)
As for the Italians/Spaniards being blond/having the variety of looks - sorry to say but the predominant look of the Southerners is still Dark hair/Brown eyes, even if you see some occasional blonds in their midst, like, say, my girl-friend's husband. Even though the look of course varies from Southern to Northern regions, it's still not the Nordic look, and you could still spot Germans miles ahead)))
She doesn't look very Nordic to me. Her features look dark, I don't think she's a natural blonde either.

I feel Scandinavians are a bit overrated myself: they are put on a pedestal by those who like tall blondes, but facially speaking I find they trail behind Slavic and Southern European women. Their bodies, though, generally better than Southern Europe.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I usually like, and agree, with your posts. When I've been in Spain's Andalusia, the Moorish ancestry that crossed near the Strait of Gibraltar is obvious. In the many times I've been to Sicily, I found more light-skinned people there than in most of Spain. They may have dark hair and brown eyes, but a lot of them are fair skinned. The differences between the Spaniards and the Italians, in terms of coloring/complexion, are minimal, but the Moorish presence on the Iberian peninsula is highly visible.
Southern Spain is similar to Sicily. Look at Rafael Nadal, from Majorca, he could pass for a South American.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:26 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,231,409 times
Italian & Romanian girls are beautiful..

Old 05-14-2012, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Oh, I'm not saying we stop opening threads like this, I just think they're a bit offensive, that's all. Maybe we should start 'most handsome men in Europe' thread?
There've already been threads like that, and no one cares. I don't think anyone takes these opinions seriously. I've met beautiful and not so beautiful women from all countries, I of course care more about the individual than what nation they're from.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:37 AM

355 posts, read 1,189,925 times
[quote=erasure;24289795]

^
This is what I am talking about.
This is an example the Nordic type of Russian women and what I've often observed, this was the type that Southern men ( ie Italians, Spaniards) were the most attracted to.

---------

Well, I don't know what you have observed, but I live here in Spain and I'm in the hostelry business.

Those type of women (I'm not talking about Western Europeans) might have been an attraction 20 years ago, but we are saturated. We have Clubs (w.h.o.r.e.h.o.u.s.e.s) with hundreds of Slavics from the East Block brought by mafias. You can find a dozen at every corner of the expressway. More so, most of the criminal element here is Slavic and when you see Slavics that are not Russians with lots of money, you just grab your wallet.

Yes, we have plenty of fair haired people here, we even have regions where they make 15 to 20 percent, and the country is varied. If you come as a tourist, most of the staff in large cities are from Latin America, not Spanish. They are Ecuatorians, Bolivians, etc.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Southern Spain is similar to Sicily. Look at Rafael Nadal, from Majorca, he could pass for a South American.

Nadal is not from Southern Spain, he's from Majorca (East). Yes, Catalans and Aragonese (Kingdom of Aragon) are closely related with Naples and the "Two Sicilies" since they were part of Aragon during many centuries. But ethnically and economically, Catalonia (and the Balearic Islands) are related with Northern Italy.

Anybody can pass for a South American since the continent received people from all the world.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:52 AM

Quote:
She doesn't look very Nordic to me. Her features look dark, I don't think she's a natural blonde either.

I feel Scandinavians are a bit overrated myself: they are put on a pedestal by those who like tall blondes, but facially speaking I find they trail behind Slavic and Southern European women. Their bodies, though, generally better than Southern Europe.
-------

Slavics are not Nordic, at least in Western Europe. Slavics have more variety, people we have never seen before. That's why many of their girls (like Irina) attract a lot of interest.

Nordics are Scandinavians, Northern Germans, Dutch. As to Finland, some consider Finland as Scandinavia. We receive like 30 millions of those people every year, and are hardly considered a sexual attraction. They are kind of repetitive, all the Dutch are similar, Swedes are similar except those with slanted eyes, Norwegians are very repetitive, etc.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:05 AM

295 posts, read 1,154,955 times
Quote:
I don't think that Majorca it's considered southern Spain.

Anyway, in Andalucia and Valencia, during the XVI and XVII centuries there were large irish, german and austrian communities, brought to repopulate the area after the expulsion of the Moriscos, so there are many people with this ascendants.
In soutern Spain surnames of Irish origins as O'donell, Osborne or O'shea are normal, and it's not unusual to see light, blond and blue eyes.
Obviously it's not the most common look, but neither is the one most associated with Spain, the exotic mooorish with really dark skin.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And keeps on producing and producing twenty years after the fall of that aforementioned communism...

It's not communism, it's the Russian culture that produces the ultra-feminine women and macho men, with all the ideas of "man providing," while woman is destined to dazzle him with her gorgeous looks and sex appeal. So the more dazzling the looks, the higher the price to pay.
I can see where this kind of women can cause a headache for American men for example, who are more used to see "business partners" in their wives, but in Southern cultures that are also predisposed to machismo, this type of Russian women can be a better fit.

-----

Russians are (were) very similar to Spanish. I remember that Russians used to say than Don Quixote was your typical Russian. But unfortunately, the Spanish "Machismo" is a myth. Your typical Spaniard is a doormat and there are regions, such as Catalonia and the Basque country, where WOMAN RULE.

So here you have many people with some money that want to have a women like they used to be 40 or 50 years ago, a subservient women..."the rest of the warrior" as Franco used to say...

But you can't import utopias.....No, Russian women do not fit here unleass they are models and marry a football player.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoricoco View Post
-------

Slavics are not Nordic, at least in Western Europe. Slavics have more variety, people we have never seen before. That's why many of their girls (like Irina) attract a lot of interest.

Nordics are Scandinavians, Northern Germans, Dutch. As to Finland, some consider Finland as Scandinavia. We receive like 30 millions of those people every year, and are hardly considered a sexual attraction. They are kind of repetitive, all the Dutch are similar, Swedes are similar except those with slanted eyes, Norwegians are very repetitive, etc.
Well Russia is a much larger country geographically speaking, so naturally, you'd see a greater variety of 'types' than a small country like Holland or Denmark.

What attracts me about Russians is that while still looking European they have a slightly 'exotic' look. The typical Russian 'look', is slightly almond eyes, a slightly rounded nose, defined facial structure, a rounder face than Germanics, hair from black to blonde, tall and slender. Of course this is just a stereotype, as there are many looks in Russia. I think the fact some Russians have some Asiatic admixture might have something to do with it. I don't think the 'hyper-Caucasoid' look is seen as that attractive, although the hyper-Mongoloid or hyper-Negroid types are seldom held up as ideals of beauty. It's un-PC but it's the truth, and it's better to say the truth than to pretend it's not. That's why many of those beautiful Korean actresses have had surgery to make their eyes larger: never have I seen one with small 'slitty' eyes. Same with African American actresses considered 'beautiful.' Look how many men like Serena Williams vs Halle Berry. That's how things are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe