Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2013, 10:51 AM

520 posts, read 1,515,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Do you have data for that? My limited anecdotal evidence claims, just like I do myself, of many Americans I talked to, there's always that one native American ancestor from 4-6 generations ago. I have only one (half) from 4 generations ago. Everyone else is Spanish, German, and Arab (they came from Ottoman Syria) in my bloodline for the past 200 years.
It's Don_Caballero. In the next step, he'll teach you that (white) Americans do not have German ancestry, but only "swarthy" Irish/English one and therefore are "dark-skinned", "mestizo" or whatever. Always the same old story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
The majority of White Americans are light skinned mestizos. There is a huge genetic difference between Europeans and white Americans.
Almost anyone can be labeled "white" in the U.S.
The only external differences between "Whites" from North America and "Whites" from Europe are that Americans dress differently and (on average) have a higher percentage of obese or "substantial" individuals. That's about it. They generally come in all shapes and sizes and can look "British/Irish/German/Italian/Jewish/Scandinavian" etc.

I mean some of them might have an Indian/African-American input, but most of them are still typical "European". Maybe that will change in the future with the increasing Hispanic population....
However, Europeans basically also are just "light-skinned Mestizos" because they are a mix of all kinds of groups such as "Nordics", "Mediterraneans", "Slavics" etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 10:37 AM

52 posts, read 173,203 times
Quote:
Do you have data for that? My limited anecdotal evidence claims, just like I do myself, of many Americans I talked to, there's always that one native American ancestor from 4-6 generations ago. I have only one (half) from 4 generations ago. Everyone else is Spanish, German, and Arab (they came from Ottoman Syria) in my bloodline for the past 200 years.
Not really, as usual obsessed with race. There are no Europeans, but Andorrans, Portuguese, Danish..each one with their culture, language, hang-ups, manias, tics, etc. There are no melungeons having Irish-Armenian-Austrohungarians-Non existing principalities-Protestants from Austria kicked out by Charles I-Comanches-Blacks..and all totally ignorant of their original identity, language, culture.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:04 PM

824 posts, read 3,603,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
The majority of White Americans are light skinned mestizos. There is a huge genetic difference between Europeans and white Americans.

Almost anyone can be labeled "white" in the U.S.

I do agree, most americans lack of the sharp features and nose types that europeans so distinctively have.

Europeans always look more slender, sharper and in general better looking.

White americans have ton of non white influences, many have native-american, african, jewish, etc blood.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:08 PM

362 posts, read 794,657 times
So french descendant american will move to europe where he can't take his gun, speaks no french and has nothing but a french name and will assimilate over an african who appreciates french language and culture because his skin is white? I don't think most white americans would WANT to move back to europe even if you offered hem money

Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramouchebluez View Post
So french descendant american will move to europe where he can't take his gun, speaks no french and has nothing but a french name and will assimilate over an african who appreciates french language and culture because his skin is white? I don't think most white americans would WANT to move back to europe even if you offered hem money
I think you mean most right-wing Americans. Lot of left-wing Americans would hop on a plane the next day if you offered them money to move there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
I do agree, most americans lack of the sharp features and nose types that europeans so distinctively have.

Europeans always look more slender, sharper and in general better looking.

White americans have ton of non white influences, many have native-american, african, jewish, etc blood.
Depends where in the US as well. Southern states supposedly have more white Americans with Native ancestry than the Northeast, Upper Midwest, etc.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:52 PM

295 posts, read 1,155,299 times
Quote:
I think you mean most right-wing Americans. Lot of left-wing Americans would hop on a plane the next day if you offered them money to move there
Well, some people like to complain, often about little things. The proof is, at the end of the day, they continue to live in America.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:59 PM

824 posts, read 3,603,753 times
Quote:

Depends where in the US as well. Southern states supposedly have more white Americans with Native ancestry than the Northeast, Upper Midwest, etc.
Northeast whites are dark white people, only midwesterns look more "european" and still you can recognize more than a few of them among native europeans :P.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:00 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:

Actually there was a poll in the politics forum asking something like "would you leave the USA if you had the chance" and surprisingly a lot of left wingers said they don't want to leave.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:58 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Actually there was a poll in the politics forum asking something like "would you leave the USA if you had the chance" and surprisingly a lot of left wingers said they don't want to leave.
C-D P&OC is a very small, select subset of the American population

Old 06-19-2013, 08:19 PM

10,094 posts, read 14,965,663 times
Quote:
Do you have data for that? My limited anecdotal evidence claims, just like I do myself, of many Americans I talked to, there's always that one native American ancestor from 4-6 generations ago.
I wouldn't believe most US Americans claiming Native American ancestry. Much of that is pure myth.

You might want to take some time out and listen to this: Proving Native American Ancestry Can Be Tricky : NPR

Many US Americans are doing DNA testing and finding out that their Native American "ancestry" is bogus!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe