Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 03:16 AM

370 posts, read 951,096 times

Advertisements

Who cares about the US Census Bureau? Not long ago, Italians and Jews were not considered white.

As to Latins, most Latins in the US are not white, only early Cubans, Argentinians and groups of European descendants that fled dictatorships. Most Latins in the US, more than 90 percent, are mixed Mexicans and PR.

Arabs are white, and they are aware of that fact, I'm talking about Asian Arabs, Iranians are white.

Debate for whom? Americans? In the US, being "white" is not ethnological, but political. You'll see that in no time, all Mexicans will be white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 07:05 PM

10 posts, read 16,000 times
I know some people that have moved back to Europe (for now) but, I would think the differences begin to wear on people after a while. I also know people who moved to Europe, then, back to the US. Nice to visit but living there permanently must be tough.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo666 View Post
Arabs are white, and they are aware of that fact, I'm talking about Asian Arabs, Iranians are white.

Debate for whom? Americans? In the US, being "white" is not ethnological, but political. You'll see that in no time, all Mexicans will be white.

Arabs are middle eastern. Not European. Not white. That's why they have big noses, thick dark hair, and are super hairy. Don't look white at all.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:52 PM

794 posts, read 1,409,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Ummm, No they haven't. Have you lived there? You 'd need to understand their culture and economy to know that it's not like that at all! There's not really much weight given to you on your "Irish-Americaness" . You're a Yank, no matter where your grandfather was from. The Irish, (particularly in touristy towns) have to hear that stuff whenever they get to talking to an American.
LOL, I think they have closed that avenue, but yes, they could, as could people with UK grandparents. I know people who have Irish citizenship by descent.

ETA, nope, still open, and in fact goes to the next generation, if your great grandparent was born Irish you can get citizenship.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...r_descent.html

Old 05-28-2013, 08:16 PM

824 posts, read 3,604,375 times
Anglosphere countries have very different culture from mainland european/scandinavian countries. I dont see how someone from countries like the US/Canada/Australia/Nz would live permanently in Europe without missing back home and eventually returning in the near future, cultures and lifestyles are just too damn different.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:28 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustrootbeer View Post
Arabs are middle eastern. Not European. Not white. That's why they have big noses, thick dark hair, and are super hairy. Don't look white at all.
They're considered Caucasian by race. No they are not European but they are Caucasian.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,472,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Colonial Girl View Post
LOL, I think they have closed that avenue, but yes, they could, as could people with UK grandparents. I know people who have Irish citizenship by descent.

ETA, nope, still open, and in fact goes to the next generation, if your great grandparent was born Irish you can get citizenship.

Irish citizenship through birth or descent
If you have a grandparent who is Irish you can obtain Irish citizenship. It is very difficult to get citizenship beyond the grandparent stage. The only way you could obtain citizenship through a great grandparent is if your parent's birth (as a child of an Irish grandparent) was registered in The Foreign Birth's Register by the time you were born. If they registered after your birth you wouldn't be entitled to Irish citizenship.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
They're considered Caucasian by race. No they are not European but they are Caucasian.
ME's don't look white but, I guess, if Barack Obama is 1/2 Caucasian, then anything is possible.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:52 AM

101 posts, read 321,205 times
Quote:

They are white, and they have been white and part of the Western Civilization (part of the Hellenistic and Roman Empires) during thousands of year. In that respect, they are whiter and more Western than most Americans. Of course, I'm referring to Arabs.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:53 AM

101 posts, read 321,205 times
Quote:
ME's don't look white but, I guess, if Barack Obama is 1/2 Caucasian, then anything is possible.

Do you have to look like a bloated redneck to be white?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe