Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 07:37 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,542,987 times

Advertisements

i can almost see it this nonsense happening in the eastern european countries

but still in england and spain?

w...t....f

its 2013
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 07:44 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,542,987 times
more england than spain

england should know better

Old 12-27-2012, 07:48 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Because soccer appeals to the lower rungs of European society quite a bit. Poor and working class Europeans tend to hold racist views much more often than educated, middle class types. England is actually more racist than most people believe it is. England is not the place that you see in Downton Abbey or Pride and Prejudice.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:35 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,594,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
England is not the place that you see in Downton Abbey or Pride and Prejudice.
What point are you trying to make here? That English people do not live in large country manors? How exactly does that relate to racism in football, a sport for the working classes?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:11 PM

122 posts, read 178,646 times
For some reason soccer attracts very aggressive fans - including nationalists, who are often quite aggressive.

A new stadium in Moscow was built within equal distance from two subway stations - to split the crowd, leaving the game, and lessen the risk of fighting.

If English fans are anywhere close to the ones in Eurotrip movie - that's just crazy.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:21 AM

190 posts, read 571,656 times
Soccer appeals morons. The moronic underdogs (plebs) that attend soccer matches vent their frustration in the soccer fields. It's much better to let them vent their frustration in soccer fields that out in the streets. I would let them fight to death in the stadium, but only if they are properly contained.

In the case of Spain, I don't think that insulting a Real Madrid/Barcelona player because he's black, blue or checkered is a racist slur. Hooligans are insulting the team, the country, their inlaws, the women that cuckholded them, the father that hit them with a dirty sock, politicians that are ruining the country, taxes, etc, etc.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:27 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
What point are you trying to make here? That English people do not live in large country manors? How exactly does that relate to racism in football, a sport for the working classes?
My point is people seem to be surprised there's racism and hooliganism in England

Old 12-28-2012, 03:35 AM

190 posts, read 571,656 times
What kind of people are surprised? The word "Hooligan" is used in every European country. All European countries have suffered chronic invasions of British hooligans. Lately, they behave much better and are rather popular among bar owners.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:47 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Football is not as racist in the UK as people on here seem to think! It is DEFINATELY more prevailant in Spain and EVEN MORE prevailant in Eastern Europe - how do I know? Experiance thats how. Because my black girlfriend and black kids have been to Stamford Bridge on numerous occaisons (along with hundreds of other 'black' supporters) and we have NEVER had any problem whatsoever, we have NEVER heard 'monkey' chanting. Whereas we wouldnt dream of attending a game elsewhere in Europe. I am not saying that there are no racist idiots in the UK, of course there are, but unlike a lot of Europe the English FA will stamp down HARD on any slight hint of racist behaviour. What happened to the black English players in Serbia was disgusting and the fact that UEFA slapped a small fine on the Sebian FA says rather a lot about UEFA's stance on the problem!!

Old 12-28-2012, 04:44 AM

112 posts, read 353,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
i can almost see it this nonsense happening in the eastern european countries

but still in england and spain?

w...t....f

its 2013
Wake up call.
Racism is everywhere, and its not just in Europe and white people being the perpetrator.
Ever been to Asia? Africa? Dont know how many times I've noticed blatant anti white racism in these countries. Again like everywhere, this was the exception not the rule.

Football in Europe actually strikes me as one of the sport where anti-racism campaigns have gone way over the top. For instance in 2011-2012 there could have been over 10-15 white european players being suspended because of alleged racism which was obviously non-existant. (Terry for instance).

As to the local racism within the population...
I dont think its half as bad as in other continents.
Ever watched football games where European teams play in Africa.

Comes to mind the time when the French played in Algeria and the local crowd almost lynched the white players just because they were winning. Since then European football teams only play there under extreme security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe