Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:05 AM

4 posts, read 10,163 times

Advertisements

Hi
What do you think about Germany?

I think Germany is beautiful. =)

Videos(I hope that's ok)

Famous germans

YouTube - Beautiful Germany - famous Germans

cities & places

YouTube - Beautiful Germany - Cities & Places

Germany

YouTube - Welcome to Germany

German National anthem

YouTube - Deutsche Nationalhymne

Christmas in Germany

YouTube - Christmas in Germany

Nice greets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 01:46 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,062,199 times
i think Deutschland is a beautiful country My Ancestors come from the Northern Part of Germany. I am Currently taking a german class. i hope to one day learn enough to move or atleast vacation there.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:24 PM

14 posts, read 27,299 times
seriously germany is great. best country in europe IMO. i was in cologne for world youth day in 2005....amazing

went to germany for world cup to support poland(coz ireland wasn't there) and that experience will live with me for ever.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:38 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,782 times
I love Germany too. I have friends in Düsseldorf so I am very fond of there but if there was one place in the world I could live it would be Berlin. My goal is to finally end up settling there some time in the not too distant future.

Thanks for posting the videos.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:03 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
Had the good fortune to be based in the Kaiserslautern area for almost 2 years and 8 years at Bitburg in the scenic Eifel area! My lovely wife and I (she's originally from the Mosel near Cochem) toured extensively aroud Germany and I loved it ALL! I loved driving as fast as I wanted legally. I loved German food. I became addicted to German model autos & trucks. I enjoyed comapring notes with our German friends. My wife LOVES our home in the U.S. with a large lawn. But I would love to live in an apartment in Cologne... Coffee-breaks with wonderful German cakes. German candy with ALCOHOL. Italian ice cream with ALCOHOL! Ahhh, the memories!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:39 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,465 times
There are things I like about Germany (socially liberal, long vacations, good transport infrastructure) and things I don't like (language, food, long dark winters). It has many beautiful areas and towns but then so does every other European country. It's a decent place to live but I wouldn't want to spend my whole life here.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:37 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,096,494 times
If I could find a job in Germany, I'd be gone in a flash (if the wife agreed).

Can't wait till my next trip over.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:54 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
I always have wanted to visit the castles there. They look like Disneyland castles. Germany does have one of the best sounding national anthems.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:04 PM

254 posts, read 1,207,751 times
I loved living almost eight years total in Germany. Plenty of great food, beer, wine, and festivals wherever you go. Lots of great things to see and do all over that country. It's true that all of Europe is interesting, but I think I liked Germany better than Italy, France or Spain/Portugal, and the BENELUX countries. If Germany had beaches and weather like Spain it would be truly perfect.
Things I didn't Like: I didn't like the high taxes in Germany and I really disliked the way most businesses were closed on Sundays.

I added a couple Germany photo albums onto my page here:

Germany photos (two pages):
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...d-germany.html

Just Heidelberg, Germany photos:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...g-germany.html

Last edited by RMELIFER; 11-12-2008 at 12:16 PM..

Old 11-12-2008, 12:11 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,096,494 times
Great pics of Heidelberg. I hope I get to go there in the next year or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe