Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 09:00 AM

99 posts, read 522,275 times

Advertisements

Friends, I am an Asian and was wondering how would it be to move to Germany. I do not know german and wish to get a job in IT or Banking sector in germany. Have no idea how to start the search?
Thats why thought of asking in this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 01:28 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,633,862 times
Frankfurt is the financial capital of Germany. Many professional non-Germans live there and English is widely spoken and understood.

Are you from India?

Old 09-14-2008, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 4,651 times
Hey!
If you would like to learn German prior to actually moving to Germany, I could recommend language courses. Why don't you check out [URL="http://www.ausland-sprachreisen.de/sprachen/Deutsch.htmlDeutsch"]http://www.ausland-sprachreisen.de/sprachen/Deutsch.html[/URL]
Also this [URL="http://www.stellenboersen.de"]http://www.stellenboersen.de [/URL]
is a site that might interest you.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.
Anna

Old 09-15-2008, 07:00 PM

99 posts, read 522,275 times
Thanks guys, Are all these sites online courses?

Old 10-25-2008, 12:17 AM

3 posts, read 14,393 times
Default Germany

Karlsruhe is a nice place to start and lots of work ---as far as speaking german ---I was there back in the 80's and learned enough of the language to get around and what I wanted ( Fluenlty ) in six months , Just from hanging out and listening . Its a very easy languageto learn alto the grammar is backwards from english . Reading and writing was a bit harder , but its possible , and once you make a few friends ---it will come easy to you P.S. You may find it easier to actualy hear the dialect from where you are going to live before you spend the money for an online course. Its like learning proper english then going to New Jersey ----they don't understand you and you don't understand them ----trust me ---check it out .

Last edited by RowdeyRebel; 10-25-2008 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 10-25-2008, 05:46 AM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,241,519 times
Check immigration laws and how to get work visa first. It's possible that your "how would it be to move to Germany" bubble bursts very fast.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:54 PM

30 posts, read 95,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaM View Post
Hey!
If you would like to learn German prior to actually moving to Germany, I could recommend language courses. Why don't you check out http://www.ausland-sprachreisen.de/sprachen/Deutsch.html
Also this http://www.stellenboersen.de
is a site that might interest you.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.
Anna
I definitely have to agree with the fact that it is really important that you study at least the basics in German.
I know a lot of Asians who haven't managed it to speak German properly and as you may know German is not an easy language to speak.
Just to give you an idea that it is really a challenge.
I hope that I could help!
Good luck!

Last edited by GermanGuy1990; 10-26-2008 at 02:03 PM..

Old 01-16-2009, 03:37 AM

8 posts, read 15,363 times
I would think this over..... In Germany right now there is no work. Many, many People over there don´t find a job - if you move there, I don´t think its possible for you to get a Job at the moment....

Old 01-19-2009, 12:43 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,055,728 times
I studied in Bonn for a semester in college. I learned very rudimentary German. The country was BEAUTIFUL. The people? That's another story. Not very welcoming of immigrants, shall I say. Most of my friends were Irish and African immigrants! If I HAD to live there, I'd probably go to Heidelberg as there are many internationals living there.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:49 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Germany is my favorite country outside of the USA. I lived there for two years and absolutely LOVED it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe