Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:31 PM

7 posts, read 30,192 times

Advertisements

Can't believe people can say stupid things like that...
Don't worry,there's not particularly more black prostitutes in Europe than in the US and even if it was the case this wouldn't mean that you'll be a prostitute. Black prostitutes in Europe are mostly illegal immigrants from Nigeria,so there's absolutely no connection with you,an educated,wealthy american girl.
Don't hesitate and come in College here. In France for exemple,where there's by far the biggest black population of Europe. There's millions of "normal" Black people here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 04:35 PM

7,894 posts, read 10,333,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
That is probably the silliest thing I have ever heard. No one will make you become a prostitute unless you want to be one.

Most of the prostitutes here are eastern European, maybe a few more black ones would be nice.
some women who are prostitutes had little choice in the matter but i doubt many of them had parents who were both doctors like the OP

thread doesnt sound serious

Old 02-09-2013, 06:01 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,814,260 times
Now that we have clarified that, where in Europe do you want to study? With some subjects such as law you might have problems going back to the US later on as our systems are not compatible...

Old 02-09-2013, 07:29 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,579,662 times
Epic thread!! Girl from a well to do family becomes a prostituta! Sounds like another movie script!

Old 02-09-2013, 07:33 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,814,260 times
I guess she thinks there are human traffickers in Europe just waiting to snatch black women from the streets in order to sell them to red light districts

Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,298,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskaedy View Post
I am black and I want to go to college in Europe. I have some relatives in Europe. My mother says that if I go to Europe, I might fall into prostitution since there are a lot of black prostitutes in Europe. I don't want to become a prostitute and I plan on studying pre-med for my undergraduate years in college. My parents are both doctors, so they will not have a problem with paying tuition.
Those black prostitutes are prostitutes because they have no other way financial way to make ends meet in Europe. They wouldn't have the education, or the financial resources, or economic opportunities in other ways to afford living in Europe. Probably half of them are the same types that prostitute themselves out to Europeans while they were in Africa, and decided they'd just go directly to the source instead.

It sounds like you have a strong purpose (pre-med program), and parents with unlimited financial means to get you through the program. If you are African from Africa, you'll probably get some great scholarships for most programs. So, that's even more financial support, that would definitely give you significantly less incentive to resort to prostitution.

I obtained an MA degree from a European university. I studied with African men and women from Africa. None of them resorted to prostitution. If you're studying all the time, you'll be in that social network, and really have little association/connection to the African prostitutes in Europe, anymore than you would with the African prostitutes in Africa.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:12 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,354,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I guess she thinks there are human traffickers in Europe just waiting to snatch black women from the streets in order to sell them to red light districts
Thats what they were proably thinking about when they told her that. From what I'm to understand is that there is a probelm with trafficking women for prostitution and some of the pollsters already said that there are are not many black ones (especially American ones) out there

Old 02-09-2013, 10:14 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,497,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskaedy View Post
I am black and I want to go to college in Europe. I have some relatives in Europe. My mother says that if I go to Europe, I might fall into prostitution since there are a lot of black prostitutes in Europe. I don't want to become a prostitute and I plan on studying pre-med for my undergraduate years in college. My parents are both doctors, so they will not have a problem with paying tuition.
Pre-med in Europe? Doesn't exist.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:15 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,298,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Thats what they were proably thinking about when they told her that. From what I'm to understand is that there is a probelm with trafficking women for prostitution and some of the pollsters already said that there are are not many black ones (especially American ones) out there
I think when that happens though, the women has no money or recourses. No one back home to 'bail them out' of the situation. No one from their own money can send them enough money or 'rescue' them, because of visa situations on them, and financial decifits.

The other situation that happens is some agency in the women's home country, offers them a visa. But they have to pay back the person, and the agency in the european country keeps their passport. So the person is just stuck in a very bad situation. That type of agency will often force them into prostitution to pay off their 'debt' of bringing them to the European country.

All of these things are diverted entirely though, if an African student from a rich family is being sent to school. She would meet a community of people at her school. She'd have legal and financial resources to fall back on, if some bizarre strange kidnapping of some strange kind were to occur. But, I don't see how that would happen if you were in Europe legally and fully engaged with a student life and student friends and everything else.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:07 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,633,927 times
My mother says that your mother is dumb as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe