Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best city iyo?
Barcelona 23 26.14%
Madrid 25 28.41%
Rome 31 35.23%
Milan 9 10.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:55 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,263,867 times

Advertisements

Italy is extraordniary for the historical cities, but its big cities (especially in the south) are very hard to live. Spain's big cities (Madrid and Barcelona) are among the best European big cities to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 12:05 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
Italy is extraordniary for the historical cities, but its big cities (especially in the south) are very hard to live. Spain's big cities (Madrid and Barcelona) are among the best European big cities to live in.
True.
Italy big cities are great to visit, but they are really unpleasant places to live

Old 05-18-2013, 05:34 AM

71 posts, read 149,443 times
in just about every respect madrid. especially its nightlife and public transport its on a different planet to the other 3

Old 11-22-2013, 11:01 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
I just visited Italy, and Rome certainly is an amazing city in all respects. We also visited Milan briefly, but there was nothing too outstanding about it. I really want to visit Barcelona, and will when I visit Spain as well as Madrid.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:08 PM

520 posts, read 1,514,898 times
I've been to Rome and Barcelona.

Location Barcelona

Scenery Barcelona

Climate Barcelona

Urban layout
Milan (Skyline appears to be quite "modern")

Parks -

Public transport/road infrastructure Barcelona

Architecture Rome

Streetlife all of them. Barcelona and Rome have too many tourists and beggars, though.

Entertainment/Nightlife I'd say Barcelona. Also Madrid for Entertainment.

Dining/Cuisine Rome

Culture (Museums, Art.etc) Rome

People (Friendliness.etc) Barcelona

Cost of living/Livability
-

Amenities -

Tourist attractions
Rome!

Old 11-23-2013, 05:31 AM

11 posts, read 15,625 times
Depends what you are looking for. I would choose Rome, Barcelona and Madrid. I see nothing special in Milan apart from the Duomo and the Galleria Garibaldi...now, if you are in the fashion world..

If you don't care for history, forget about Rome.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:58 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,942 times
Milan is not very interesting. The Cathedral is great, though.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:59 AM

9 posts, read 14,946 times
Madrid and Barcelona both.

Madrid, the capital of Spain, is a cosmopolitan city that combines the most modern infrastructures and the status as an economic, financial, administrative and service centre, with a large cultural and artistic heritage, a legacy of centuries of exciting history.

Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia, is a Mediterranean and cosmopolitan city with Roman remains, medieval quarters and the most beautiful examples of 20th century Modernism and avant-garde. It is no surprise that emblematic constructions by the Catalan architects Antoni Gaudí and Lluís Doménech i Montaner have been declared World Heritage Sites by the UNESCO.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:21 AM

31 posts, read 57,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Please... if there wasn't such a bad unemployment, there wouldn't be any doubt: Barcellona is by far and by large more livable than Rome and Milan.
Rome offers more archaeological areas, but that's all: when it comes to streetlife, nature, recreational opportunities Barcellona - compared to Rome - is on another planet.
I lived in Rome for five years; it's really a stressful, exhausting city.
Also - outside its small historical center - it's even an ugly city.

PLEASE! Barcelona is child's play next to the Eternal City. First, Barcellona is a tiny provincial village next to Rome. Outside of some Gaudi' architecture, it has nothing to offer. As for streetlife and parks - it is FAR BEHIND even Madrid...never mind Rome.
The only city that equals Rome is Paris and viceversa.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:26 AM

31 posts, read 57,643 times

Scenery: ROME

Climate: BARCELLONA

Urban layout: ROME

Parks: ROME

Public transport/road infrastructure: MADRID

Architecture: ROME

Streetlife: ROME/MADRID

Entertainment/Nightlife: ROME/MADRID/MILAN

Dining/Cuisine: ROME

Culture (Museums, Art.etc): ROME

People (Friendliness.etc): ROME

Cost of living/Livability: MADRID

Amenities: all pretty much equal

Tourist attractions: ROME

Overall, ROME beats them all by far -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe