Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:06 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
What about the palestinian insistence that Israel be destroyed?
The current Palestinian government/administration doesn't insist on destroying Israel. And Israel won't change the mind of a bunch of radicals with their settlement policy and whatnot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 10:52 AM

58 posts, read 94,746 times
I think the Palestine-Israel issues are plenty of double standards. If not, why the US would quickly recognise Kosovo as an independent state and ignore Palestine?
Again, in Western media the only stuff heard about Palestine is Hamas or bombings. But they never talk about how Israel breaks Human Rights in Palestine, i.e. Israeli soldiers violating women.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:02 PM

285 posts, read 750,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Absolutely not. Both Israel and Palestine have the right to exist.

I don't support violence, but understand why some Palestinians use it. A friend of mine who has been to Gaza said it was a real eye-opener. There's a massive humanitarian crisis going on there.

And mine is one of the biggest Palestine's supporters. Even the politics are very different. Same for Kosovo.
Palestinians use violence in first instanace for religious issues.
There can't be peace with a muslim comunity, beacuse it's their duty to conquer and spread islam to the world.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:22 PM

278 posts, read 277,261 times
Quote:
The EU recently tried to sanction Israel for settlements. And yet there doesn't seem to be all that much outrage when palestinians launch rockets or when they used to launch suicide bombings. So why is Europe so one sided against Israel?
Palestine = Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising

Old 03-06-2014, 02:19 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Actually the other two posters were pretty openly saying that most europeans support suicide bombings and rocket attacks in Israel.
Actually the European people don't care. Not their country, not their problem. Its mostly that in nearly every country its leadership in those countries have agendas and the the people who live in those countries mostly don't. Just go through youtube, its rare to find more than a dozen protesters in an anti-Israel protest.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:34 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveYOU2 View Post
Palestine = Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto
Gaza

‫

Warsaw Ghetto

Warsaw ghetto archival footage - Warszawskie getto -

Old 03-16-2014, 07:16 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantabriansea View Post
Palestinians use violence in first instanace for religious issues.
There can't be peace with a muslim comunity, beacuse it's their duty to conquer and spread islam to the world.

Tell me when you have read both the old testament and the Koran rather than spouting political rhetoric

Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkai View Post
I think the Palestine-Israel issues are plenty of double standards. If not, why the US would quickly recognise Kosovo as an independent state and ignore Palestine?
Again, in Western media the only stuff heard about Palestine is Hamas or bombings. But they never talk about how Israel breaks Human Rights in Palestine, i.e. Israeli soldiers violating women.
The thing with Palestine is that its borders need to be defined first. After its borders are defined, then I don't see why the U.S. would not recognize it.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveYOU2 View Post
Palestine = Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising
Please show me some evidence that Israel wants to kill all or almost all Palestinians which it can get its hands on like the Nazis did with the Jews.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
The EU recently tried to sanction Israel for settlements. And yet there doesn't seem to be all that much outrage when palestinians launch rockets or when they used to launch suicide bombings. So why is Europe so one sided against Israel?
Well, it might be worth noting that all or almost all European countries have most Muslims than Jews, and sometimes/often, significantly more Muslims than Jews.

Politicians want to get more votes, and this applies to European politicians as well.

Note: This is obviously not the only reason for Europe's pro-Palestinian views, but it might indeed be one possible reason for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe