Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 07:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,354 times

Advertisements

I'm 19 and i'll be moving to europe this june. I'm just under 6'5 barefoot, taller in shoes obviously, in really good shape and about an 8/10 in the face. I get a lot of attention from all kinds of girls here in america. They all seem to be attracted to height because rarely do i find a women who doesn't at least look twice at me.

But i've always been self conscious about my height. And i'm scared that when I get to france they'll see me as like freakishly tall. I also hear they don't have a lot of black people there so i can see being freakishly tall + an african american really ruining my chances with any of the local women.

Can anyone whose been to europe/france chime in on this? Did you see a lot of tall men there at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 08:36 AM

545 posts, read 866,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCartier View Post
I'm 19 and i'll be moving to europe this june. I'm just under 6'5 barefoot, taller in shoes obviously, in really good shape and about an 8/10 in the face. I get a lot of attention from all kinds of girls here in america. They all seem to be attracted to height because rarely do i find a women who doesn't at least look twice at me.

But i've always been self conscious about my height. And i'm scared that when I get to france they'll see me as like freakishly tall. I also hear they don't have a lot of black people there so i can see being freakishly tall + an african american really ruining my chances with any of the local women.

Can anyone whose been to europe/france chime in on this? Did you see a lot of tall men there at all?
As long as you stay in big cities, there are black people everywhere. The US has a higher percentage of black people but they are spread in the whole country, France has twice less blacks, but they are mostly in big cities and mostly Paris and Marseille. So no, you won't be a curiosity and you may be whistle by more than one black girl.
You'll be part of the 0.1% taller guys. Some girls don't like tall people, some do. Just remember that the seduction game can be different than in the US. And being African American is maybe even better than just American around here.

edit. but don't come only for the girls or you may come back home disappointed.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:50 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,185,741 times
6'5" is 195.5 cm. It is tall but not freakishly tall, even in Southern Europe.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:53 AM

217 posts, read 277,222 times
The tallest people on the planet are FROM Europe, although theyre from the Netherlands, not France. Your heigh isnt really anything bizarre, and there are black people around here too, so i wouldnt worry.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:25 PM

4,709 posts, read 5,062,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCartier View Post

You should be OK. Stick to the local black women to avoid problems.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:15 PM

169 posts, read 294,024 times
If you go to Hamburg, Germany you will fit right in there amongst everybody (thats a BEAUTIFUL CITY). If you come down to the Campania Region in Italy where my family is from you will be a good head or more above the rest. Although even now in Italy seeing people of your height isn't even uncommon. You will be fine anywhere in Europe France included.
America does have a bit of a fallacious stereotype that Europeans are somehow short or shorter than Americans (which again depends where in Europe you go).

Old 03-28-2014, 02:21 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,428,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
Stick to the local black women to avoid problems.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:11 PM

603 posts, read 1,631,480 times
You will blend in just fine in Europe.

You will find yourself adjusting after awhile.

Do not worry you also will find your own kind of woman you will accept you for you.

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:30 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
Maybe go to Scandinavia, Netherlands, Germany.etc, they are indeed the tallest people in the world on average. Well aside from some tribes in East Africa.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:08 AM

282 posts, read 962,518 times
european women are, by any statistical data, the tallest women in the world (on average considering the continent as a whole). So if you ask if youre too tall for european chicks youre basically asking if youre too tall for the tallest women in the world.....................
Piece of advice: looks matter for women only as an indicator of how many other women may be interested in you, but as long as you open your mouth she won't care about your appearance (at least here in the Netherlands), simply cuz thats a more reliable indicator. Thats why its awesome to be a tall man, because you can meet women extremely easily, but youre a fool if you think theyll be more attracted to you - if thats what you think, women will sense it and consider you as lacking confidence..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe