Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2019, 09:21 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I can't believe this is what stores are like all over the country, i.e. outside of Western Russia.

I'm blown away.

Seriously, people: friends used to ask me to send them dental floss, via whatever connections we could find--people traveling from my region to Russia, or whatever. The explosion of consumer goods has me in disbelief.Not to mention, the computerized do-it-yourself price tickets. And the plastic baggies!!! So, Russia is producing almost as much trash from plastic packaging and shopping bags, as America now? These plastic bags are a terrible idea. They're even banned in some US cities.
They are even like that is a lot of central Asia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 12:31 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Wow, thanks for sharing. That pilot is amazing that he got it set down like that under those conditions.

Edit; jsut read more of an update, I thought the plane was on fire when it was landing, but it started after the landing due to the landing.
Under what conditions? You don't know the conditions. All we know is the radio went dead right around when the aircraft had flight control problems, which occurred suddenly not long after takeoff. Sounds like a lightening strike to me. It certainly wasn't out of fuel.

The SJ100 has a good reputation so I doubt a newer plane had a mechanical issue... but it is certified to take lightening and keep flying. Anyway the pilots lived and black boxes survived so we will know eventually.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Under what conditions? You don't know the conditions. All we know is the radio went dead right around when the aircraft had flight control problems, which occurred suddenly not long after takeoff. Sounds like a lightening strike to me. It certainly wasn't out of fuel.

The SJ100 has a good reputation so I doubt a newer plane had a mechanical issue... but it is certified to take lightening and keep flying. Anyway the pilots lived and black boxes survived so we will know eventually.
I guess you did not see my edit? I said I thought the plane was on fire while landing, but read the updates and the landing caused the fire. I was initially thinking it was an event similar to the Concord crash.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:15 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Such things are common in all big supermarkets, federal or local, without a difference. Even in some small grocery stores in our town there are such.
Oh, well, I guess America has a lot of catching up to do, then!

Old 05-06-2019, 03:26 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

The SJ100 has a good reputation
It is not true

Operationally, the Sukhoi Superjet has been erratic. Safety concerns with the Superjet, (Russia’s first post-Soviet passenger plane), emerged soon after its introduction in 2008. A large number of employees at the Siberia factory responsible for working on the assembly of SSJ aircraft were found to have faked their university engineering degrees.

https://aviationanalyst.co.uk/2018/1...hoi-superjets/

Old 05-06-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
It is not true

Operationally, the Sukhoi Superjet has been erratic. Safety concerns with the Superjet, (Russia’s first post-Soviet passenger plane), emerged soon after its introduction in 2008. A large number of employees at the Siberia factory responsible for working on the assembly of SSJ aircraft were found to have faked their university engineering degrees.

Does not seem all that dynamically different than that of Boeing's recent issues with the MAX and the DOD halting orders of their refuelers. ALso, so far seems only pilot error is the cause of issues with the aircraft. So yea, pretty true, it is a good aircraft so far.

Operationally, it has been a good aircraft, and a better record than the MAX, lol.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:11 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
Putin does not fly on the superjet

Tupolev_Tu-214

Sukhoj never made civilian aircraft. This is the first.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Putin does not fly on the superjet

Tupolev_Tu-214

Sukhoj never made civilian aircraft. This is the first.
Putin flies on the Il-96.

But not understanding what your point is.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:20 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Does not seem all that dynamically different than that of Boeing's recent issues with the MAX and the DOD halting orders of their refuelers. ALso, so far seems only pilot error is the cause of issues with the aircraft. So yea, pretty true, it is a good aircraft so far.

Operationally, it has been a good aircraft, and a better record than the MAX, lol.
Ehh, no pilot error doesn't "seem" to be the cause as the cause is unknown. But the captain said it was lightning. You may be confused with the Soviet style "news" reporting where a criminal case is opened against the pilots and suggestions on TV that it was human error to reassure the public that the Russian plane doesn't have issues. This is going to be a problem now with Russia not wanting to admit any problems with its airplanes vs. a distrustful public there that will demand their grounding.

The plane would have never been certified by the EASA if it wasn't a good aircraft. However, a good aircraft should not be disabled by lightning. But we also don't know that it was disabled or just had a minor issue and they landed with too full of fuel, which would be pilot error.

And if you want to get technical, it no longer has a better record than the MAX. It has a higher ratio of crashes vs. flights...

Old 05-06-2019, 05:27 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
It is not true

What the SSJ is suffering from is the lack of a maintenance network such as what Airbus and Boeing have all over the world. Apparently Belavia, S7 and Utair are perfecty happy with theirs. Of course they're not half way around the world from the vital infrastructure. All machinery needs to be maintained and when it comes to aircraft the requirements are even greater than say a car or a piece of heavy equipment. They also have problems with spare parts logistics. Technicians need to be qualified to work on them also, apparently there isn't enough of them.

It's the usual stuff Russia seems to have had to deal with it's entire history.

Read the last paragraph of that article. That's what Sukhois problem is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe