Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2021, 09:05 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

This isn't true. It is a lie pushed by Putin. Too bad if you want to believe it became the first "produced" when it was simply the first "approved" by approving it before the efficacy trial. I don't care if you think that counts.
I believe my propaganda (according to you) you believe yours.

Quote:
Yes of course we have Venmo, invented 11 years ago. Actually this is yet another example of a "Russian" advancement marketed to you by your regime, which lies to its people to legitimize its rotten existence. This was just another idea stolen/borrowed from the west. Paypal also invented the idea before this, of transferring money using an email. VK is a blatant ripoff of Facebook, also stolen from its inventors by Putin's regime. They had to leave Russia to found Telegram. I could go on but I've made my point.
No, you did not make your point....sometimes implementing is as important as inventing, considering that very little has been invented in Silicon Valley.

China may not have invented the high speed train, but when you visit Shanghai and then New York or San Francisco you think that the latter two are almost third world metropolis in some areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2021, 10:52 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I believe my propaganda (according to you) you believe yours.
It isn't propaganda, its facts. Something Putin apologists have difficulty accepting... Just because Putin said its ready before the tests were complete and we tested ours longer does not mean it was invented first.

NIH/Moderna's Vaccine was invented on January 13, 2020. It was then manufactured and went into arms for the phase 1 trial the next month. Gamelaya "invented" their vaccine in May and its phase 1 trials began in June.

May is not before January, June is not before February, not even on the backwards Russian calendar.

Old 05-05-2021, 11:02 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post

No, you did not make your point....sometimes implementing is as important as inventing, considering that very little has been invented in Silicon Valley.
Then what has Russia invented that is so great. Or implemented, that wasn't a copy of our invention. Nuclear icebreakers. I will give them that. But I mean something useful to regular people.

Very little has been invented in Silicon Valley... hah hah funny statement. Silicon transistors and integrated chips never amounted to much advancement in humanity have they...Now I'm missing erasure's relative coherence.

Fun thing about Silicon Valley is it was arguably started by Ike's response to Sputnik. So we can thank the Soviet Union for that impetus.

Old 05-06-2021, 08:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Then what has Russia invented that is so great. Or implemented, that wasn't a copy of our invention. Nuclear icebreakers. I will give them that. But I mean something useful to regular people.

Very little has been invented in Silicon Valley... hah hah funny statement. Silicon transistors and integrated chips never amounted to much advancement in humanity have they...Now I'm missing erasure's relative coherence.

Fun thing about Silicon Valley is it was arguably started by Ike's response to Sputnik. So we can thank the Soviet Union for that impetus.
The tides of change in history simply did not affect places outside of Europe which became the center of many revolutions in human achievements.

It a huge subject DKM. Educate yourself. As for something the Russians gave the world look at the social changes beginning 100 years ago over there and the western worlds response to them. There's a 40 hour work week in America, did you ever wonder why?

There's also devices suck as the Akademik Lomontsov. A vast improvement in infrastructural potentials. One which the west cannot match. The USSR also made the first human habitation in space.

Old 05-06-2021, 08:30 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,176,231 times
Quote:
It isn't propaganda, its facts. Something Putin apologists have difficulty accepting... Just because Putin said its ready before the tests were complete and we tested ours longer does not mean it was invented first.

NIH/Moderna's Vaccine was invented on January 13, 2020. It was then manufactured and went into arms for the phase 1 trial the next month. Gamelaya "invented" their vaccine in May and its phase 1 trials began in June.

May is not before January, June is not before February, not even on the backwards Russian calendar.
Russians said that the vaccine was in the works since SARS1, just on the back burner.

Old 05-06-2021, 11:00 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Actually, both countries declared vaccines were ready well before 3rd stage trials were complete. Trump said the vaccines were ready three months before Putin said theirs was ready. The NIH and Moderna had already developed the gene sequence in December 2019 before there was recognition of a serious outbreak. Waste of time to play the my leader is better than your leader BS.

Old 05-06-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Actually, both countries declared vaccines were ready well before 3rd stage trials were complete. Trump said the vaccines were ready three months before Putin said theirs was ready. The NIH and Moderna had already developed the gene sequence in December 2019 before there was recognition of a serious outbreak. Waste of time to play the my leader is better than your leader BS.
but real traditional vaccine is Russian only.

Old 05-06-2021, 12:34 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
The glory days are over comrade. Putin is not bringing them back. He's just stealing your money and making you feel proud for nothing.

You are missing the point again and again.
When Putin is "stealing money," he is setting a portion of it aside, to PROTECT his riches ( well his and his buddies.) That is, he is making sure, that Russia is armed to her teeth with the most advanced technology possible.

Which in its turn ( even if unintentionally so,) protect people like Zimogor, who might not like Putin and Co at all, BUT are kept under the protection of all these weaponry as Russian nationals.

Which allows Zimogor still to enjoy ( and to be proud of) his own culture, its history and accomplishments.

All while people like you are growing angry and desperate.

Last edited by erasure; 05-06-2021 at 02:01 PM..

Old 05-06-2021, 01:05 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
I used to love Russia, and when I was there I thought Moscow was the most happening place of the world (and it was in many ways). Attacking Ukraine woke me up to the rottenness of the authoritarian in charge there. That and having Russian friends who fled here from Putin's punishers may have given me some bias against the current situation there. In general, what I hate most about Russia is they actively work (usually with violence) to deny people freedom of making their own choices inside and outside of Russia. Not only in Ukraine...

This isn't true. It is a lie pushed by Putin. Too bad if you want to believe it became the first "produced" when it was simply the first "approved" by approving it before the efficacy trial. I don't care if you think that counts.

Yes of course we have Venmo, invented 11 years ago. Actually this is yet another example of a "Russian" advancement marketed to you by your regime, which lies to its people to legitimize its rotten existence. This was just another idea stolen/borrowed from the west. Paypal also invented the idea before this, of transferring money using an email. VK is a blatant ripoff of Facebook, also stolen from its inventors by Putin's regime. They had to leave Russia to found Telegram. I could go on but I've made my point.

Yeah..
And I used to love the sound of Ukrainian language.

By now I came to the conclusion that it has to be outlawed across the line in all public affairs ( and this includes governmental affairs,) completely driven out of the cities and to be confined only to the remote villages where it belongs. That's the only place where it can be tolerated, because older people won't know better.

That's the way to get rid of the false narrative that "Ukraine" is some "glorious state" that has nothing in common with Russia, that Russia is some "separate mongolian empire" that has no ties to "Ukraine."
And that's the way to drive all these British/American military bases from the area, that justify their criminal actions with the help of this false narrative.

Once the historical truth will be acknowledged - that Russia is the place where the original capital ( Kiev) moved to Moscow, ( and with it, all the cultural/scientific development,) and Ukrainian language is nothing but the atavism of the older period of the Russian state, while the new and updated version of it is modern Russian, things can't be effectively turned around from where they are.

So.. Ukrainian language needs to be banned, to put a stop to all this nonsense - plain and simple.

I was thinking about it, while watching this latest dispatch from "Strana UA" in particular.

What was it all about?

Here it goes.;
The vermin from Galicia is moving to Odessa, the historical Russian city, founded by Kathrine the Great during the Russian imperial times, a city with rich history and culture ( even the imperial look of it says "Russian empire" all over it, not some "Ukraine" - such thing didn't even exist back in those days,) and it's obviously the Russian-speaking city, as much as Crimea.

So the vermin moves in, opens some franchised restaurant ( with headquarters based in Lvov,) and what do you think these bleating idiots do?

They decorate this restaurant with the monument of the founder of this city ( i.e. Kathryn the Great) well, the picture of it, with the sign "go to Russia" and if THIS is not enough, they put next to it the image of the tongue in white-blue-red Russian colors being pierced with a nail, with the inscription "Ukrainian language" ( implying that here you'll speak Ukrainian only.)
Yep, that's what's going on in "free and democratic Ukraine," in Russian-speaking city, where the vermin already burned 48 people alive who dared to disagree with them as it is.

So yep, in order to put an end to all this brothel, I put a check mark for myself, that Ukrainian language has to be outlawed all together after everything is said and done.

You can probably see why now.

It gives the idiots all kind of wrong ideas, and invite the enemies in historical Russian lands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9jY4bwrCyo

Last edited by erasure; 05-06-2021 at 02:05 PM..

Old 05-06-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yeah..
And I used to love the sound of Ukrainian language.

By now I came to the conclusion that it has to be outlawed across the line in all public affairs ( and this includes governmental affairs,) completely driven out of the cities and to be confined only to the remote villages where it belongs. That's the only place where it can be tolerated, because older people won't know better.

That's the way to get rid of the false narrative that "Ukraine" is some "glorious state" that has nothing in common with Russia, that Russia is some "separate mongolian empire" that has no ties to "Ukraine."
And that's the way to drive all these British/American military bases from the area, that justify their criminal actions with the help of this false narrative.

Once the historical truth will be acknowledged - that Russia is the place where the original capital ( Kiev) moved to Moscow, ( and with it, all the cultural/scientific development,) and Ukrainian language is nothing but the atavism of the older period of the Russian state, while the new and updated version of it is modern Russian, things can't be effectively turned around from where they are.

So.. Ukrainian language needs to be banned, to put a stop to all this nonsense - plain and simple.

I was thinking about it, while watching this latest dispatch from "Strana UA" in particular.

What was it all about?

Here it goes.;
The vermin from Galicia is moving to Odessa, the historical Russian city, founded by Kathrine the Great during the Russian imperial times, a city with rich history and culture ( even the imperial look of it says "Russian empire" all over it, not some "Ukraine" - such thing didn't even exist back in those days,) and it's obviously the Russian-speaking city, as much as Crimea.

So the vermin moves in, opens some franchised restaurant ( with headquarters based in Lvov,) and what do you think these bleating idiots do?

They decorate this restaurant with the monument of the founder of this city ( i.e. Kathryn the Great) well, the picture of it, with the sign "go to Russia" and if THIS is not enough, they put next to it the image of the tongue in white-blue-red Russian colors being pierced with a nail, with the inscription "Ukrainian language" ( implying that here you'll speak Ukrainian only.)
Yep, that's what's going on in "free and democratic Ukraine," in Russian-speaking city, where the vermin already burned 48 people alive who dared to disagree with them as it is.

So yep, in order to put an end to all this brothel, I put a check mark for myself, that Ukrainian language has to be outlawed all together after everything is said and done.

You can probably see why now.

It give the idiots all kind of wrong ideas, and invite the enemies in historical Russian lands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9jY4bwrCyo
raping ancient history: there really was no Ukrainian or Belorussian languages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe