Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2021, 02:27 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Looks like we have an admission to the Colonial Pipeline shutdown. The speculation is that the pipeline was attacked because of US opposition Nord Stream.

As an FYI, Krebs was fired by Trump because he refused to say that the 2020 election was rigged.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/05/...-stash-seized/
Something was said on the news. Oh, again, these Russian hackers broke something. This is for sure, without a doubt Russian hackers, but we have no data on who it is and no data on the connection of these hackers with the Kremlin. We don't know who it is, but it's definitely Russian.Trust us!
That's about how it sounded.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2021, 03:14 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
This is highly likely and beyond doubt.

Old 05-15-2021, 03:20 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
And these are just Russian hackers. I'm afraid to imagine what would happen if Petrov and Boshirov will arrived in the States on a falling stage of a Chinese rocket?

Old 05-15-2021, 04:58 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
As far as I know and I even saw videos, Italian and European foods are still available in Russia.
Well there are not supposed to be European foods available in Russia so they are either smuggled or the self sanctions have not been enforced lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
The travel ban story is ridiculous....who told you you cannot travel out of Russia without permission??

Again, a video from few days ago, a young Russian couple going on vacation in the US literally on a whim (we found some cheap tickets) and they are not rich either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What do you mean, "get permission"? From whom? It's not the Soviet Union anymore (even though with Vlad at the helm, it may still look like it at times...)

I and friends of mine have brought Russian citizens over here countless times, and they didn't have to get permission from anyone but the US Embassy, in the form of a visa. And they weren't interrogated by anyone after returning home, in case you were wondering.
I meant they need permission in the form of a visa. Russians cannot hop on a plane to Italy, they need to apply for a visa to visit Europe.

For the USA, they can't come here anymore either unless they got a visa prior to the embassy restrictions. Putin prohibited our embassy to be able to function at the level to carry out tourist visas anymore. You might want to catch up on the latest news about that. One can only guess why Putin does not want Russians to be able to visit the USA.

Two things, similar but not the same issue.

Old 05-15-2021, 04:59 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Something was said on the news. Oh, again, these Russian hackers broke something. This is for sure, without a doubt Russian hackers, but we have no data on who it is and no data on the connection of these hackers with the Kremlin. We don't know who it is, but it's definitely Russian.Trust us!
That's about how it sounded.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
In this case, you are correct.

Old 05-15-2021, 05:22 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Well there are not supposed to be European foods available in Russia so they are either smuggled or the self sanctions have not been enforced lately.

I meant they need permission in the form of a visa. Russians cannot hop on a plane to Italy, they need to apply for a visa to visit Europe.

For the USA, they can't come here anymore either unless they got a visa prior to the embassy restrictions. Putin prohibited our embassy to be able to function at the level to carry out tourist visas anymore. You might want to catch up on the latest news about that. One can only guess why Putin does not want Russians to be able to visit the USA.

Two things, similar but not the same issue.
Russians and Americans traveling between the countries have always required visas and in many cases such as mine, insurance. It's nothing new and it goes on all the time between countries.

Old 05-15-2021, 05:26 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russians and Americans traveling between the countries have always required visas and in many cases such as mine, insurance. It's nothing new and it goes on all the time between countries.
Read my post more carefully if you think this post has anything relevant to what I said. You guys keep taking my responses out of context to argue a point I am not making.

Old 05-15-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
It's smuggled. I know that's my sister in laws racket in Gomel. All the extra security on the Ukrainian border last summer messed up the system pretty badly from what I hear. What she smuggles now I don't know but it's not drugs or cigarettes. I know she used to do exotic thread from Turkey in the 1990s and other items wall paper bolts of cloth, stuff like that. She would go to Constantinople to buy it in bulk and bring it back through Ukraine and at the border hand it off to an old farmer in the middle of the night who had a wagon and horse and pay him a fee. 3 days later she would go to a place south of Gomel and pick the stuff up in the woods. She was caught once in the early 2000s and had to forfeit everything and pay a fine in court. It was substantial.

There's many ways to make money and Russians know them all and they don't tell anyone about their schemes.

Old 05-15-2021, 05:40 PM

Quote:
this is what I was responding too. What did I miss?

Many countries in this world use the visa regime. What's your point?

Old 05-15-2021, 05:53 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
this is what I was responding too. What did I miss?

Many countries in this world use the visa regime. What's your point?

His point is, that Ukrainians are already "part of the EU," while the Russians are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe