Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 02:01 AM

1,348 posts, read 626,244 times

Advertisements

About the current moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D4-ZjNK8w4&t=236s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 05:13 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,191,573 times
I'm eagerly awaiting the 2022 version of Downfall featuring a broken Vlad screaming at his minions. I assume he has access to cyanid and a gun.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:44 AM

8,866 posts, read 8,450,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
I'm eagerly awaiting the 2022 version of Downfall featuring a broken Vlad screaming at his minions. I assume he has access to cyanid and a gun.
That's way too easy for him. The Russians should decapitate him in a revolution.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:10 AM

9,366 posts, read 14,316,531 times
From what I have been able to gather based on newswires over the past 12 hours or so:

1) Russian troops have surrounded Mariupol and have announced two corridors, open until March 2, for civilians to evacuate, one going northwest to Zaporizhia, the other going east to Russia.

2) Russian troops have surrounded Kherson and may be approaching Mykolaiv, west of the Dnieper River, and maybe also Zaporizhia. Kherson, Mykolaiv, and Zaporzhia are capitals of their respective administrative regions, or oblasts.

3) Russian officials have stated that task forces have restored water supply lines to Crimea.

4) Donetsk militias have taken over 29 villages in the Donetsk region, I assume they refer to localities in the western part of the region previously under Ukrainian control.

5) Russian officials have stated that they consider Mr Zelenskyy the legitimate president of Ukraine, that Ukraine is a separate country, but that the 1970 Declaration on Principles of International Law Concerning Friendly Relations and Cooperation Among States in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations does not apply to Ukraine; in other words, Russia does not recognize that all the territory currently assigned to Ukraine is legitimately so, namely those territories where the Kiev government has suppressed group rights, according to the Russians.

6) Russian officials have stated that Ukraine's application to join the EU poses no strategic threat.

7) Turkey has announced that it will not allow warships of any country to pass through the Black Sea straits for the time being, in accordance with the Montreux Convention.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:55 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Neither the Americans nor the British have absolutely no moral right to accuse Russia of anything. Nations that, in their entire history, have destroyed MILLIONS of people all over the planet, who have destroyed to the ground thousands of cities, whose hands are up to the elbows in blood. You MUST sit quietly in your corner and be silent in a rag while Russia cleans up after you the crap that you spilled in Ukraine.
Its not the 'Americans' or the 'British' that have invaded the Ukraine and murdered children!
This is what the world thinks of Putin and his 19th Century policies:-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-Ukraine.html

You are going to have to work harder with your propaganda Zimogor! Surely Putin isn't so stupid to think that 1930's type propaganda is going to work in the year 2022..............is he!!? Surely not!

Note to Zimogor's supervisor - he/she REALLY needs replacing!

Old 03-01-2022, 07:00 AM

8,080 posts, read 7,448,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
If not, someone will provide them.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:22 AM

1,348 posts, read 626,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Its not the 'Americans' or the 'British' that have invaded the Ukraine and murdered children!
This is what the world thinks of Putin and his 19th Century policies:-
Yes, they haven't invaded Ukraine yet.Apparently they didn't have time. But they invaded hundred of other countries.

Quote:
Note to Zimogor's supervisor - he/she REALLY needs replacing!
Thank you for your concern, I'm not tired yet.

Old 03-01-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Yes, they haven't invaded Ukraine yet.Apparently they didn't have time. But they invaded hundred of other countries.

swapping shifts with the 'other' Zimogor's perhaps?

Old 03-01-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:

When was the last time Britain or the US annexed a separate country? What does this have to do with Ukraine and the year 2022? The Western world stopped trying to build empires by invasion a LONG time ago, why does Putin act like its the year 1870?

Get out of somebody else's country! Putin is turning the world against Russia and because the Ukranian's are fighting back the coward keeps using the threat of nuclear war to try and bully!

Old 03-01-2022, 10:37 AM

6,811 posts, read 4,250,471 times
Quote:
When was the last time Britain or the US annexed a separate country? What does this have to do with Ukraine and the year 2022? The Western world stopped trying to build empires by invasion a LONG time ago, why does Putin act like its the year 1870?

Get out of somebody else's country! Putin is turning the world against Russia and because the Ukranian's are fighting back the coward keeps using the threat of nuclear war to try and bully!

In 2003 Britain and the U.S. most certainly invaded another country in order to install a friendly government replacing an unfriendly previous one. The fact they left after a decade (and without really having succeeded in achieving their objective) and the fact that the country in question is too far away to annex don't really make it any better.

I am in fact inclined to think that the fact the country in question - Iraq - really has nothing at all to do with Britain or America actually makes it kinda worse than Russia meddling in the affairs of their 'small brother' next door. After all, one could be inclined to compare Russia's relationship with the Ukraine to Britain's relationship with Ireland where to this day there is a British presence justified by the desire of a part of Ireland's population desiring to be part of the UK.

That alone - never mind a legacy of hundreds of years of British colonial aggression - should keep anyone from Britain from uttering the phrase "Get out of somebody else's country!" except in jest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe