Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 02:49 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Link, please. According to my information, Ukraine claimed that they did not lose Buks.
Your response isn't really to my quote, but I am linking to what you quoted from my post. Here is the Buk from Georgia report ( I expect Putin will get this taken down soon

https://iz.ru/news/341307

Made in USSR, sent to Ukraine in 1986 as part of unit 223...

Ukraine doesn't have to track each weapon sold in the past to friendly states. Its up to the customer to use them responsibly and not allow Russia to capture them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 03:43 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
I'm going with what I was originally exposed to. The arsenal in Mariupol was looted by rebels, they took many things including the BUK launcher that they repaired. The day MH-17 was shot down Ukronazi air assets were present above the battle area and had been for at least several days. We know this because several aircraft had been shot down in the prior days. Don't forget, the rebels had a Strela 10 also.

The BUK crew thought the airliner was a Ukrainian aircraft and loosed a missile at it. It was not intentional, it was a mistake.

It cannot be overlooked who was responsible for sending MH-17 where it could be shot down in the first place. It's international law that if an aircraft is in country As airspace then country A is responsible for its safety. Per usual the Ukronazis were so screwed up they killed a plane load of innocent people.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
At the root of the problem Russia cannot agree that Ukrainians even want to be independent of them. It flies against their main propaganda that Ukrainians have been hijacked by western forces. No doubt they are claiming that some secret group is bribing people behind this because, again, Russia refuses to recognize that Russian speaking Ukrainians want to be independent.
The root problem is the vast majority of Ukrainians could care less about whoms side they're on. The junta in Kiev and the Nazi wannabees is the small majority of insane lunatics that are driving a wedge between people of all stripes for their own gain.

Nobodies buying your argument about what Ukrainians want. Ukrainians will do as they're told, or else.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Ukraine's church is being granted autocephaly, which is independence from the Moscow Church. This means they don't answer to the Moscow patriarch but rather to no humans above their own church. This is similar to what happened to the church in the 20's when the USSR took over. Should be no big deal , as nearly all other ex Soviet countries have the same arrangement. But we all know how Russia feels about an independent Ukraine and now even in the religious sphere Russia is threatening a schism.

Numbers are important too, because now without Ukraine, the Moscow church rules over less than half the world's orthodox. I guess Moscow can not recognize it, but this doesn't matter to anyone else. Ukraine's churches will simply "defect" to the newly recognized church. Not all of them will or need to, but a majority already have.
Do you have any more about the church in Soviet times? I know it was there but in what capacity is a mystery. How it functions to this day is. I think that Moscow calling the shots is not a good thing for the church in general, things like this work better in smaller packages.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:04 PM

A first step of cooperation.

https://strana.ua/news/161513-timur-...sa-iz-ato.html

Old 09-17-2018, 04:07 PM

The Ukraine is changing. All you have to do is convince the rest of the world.

https://www.kyivpost.com/business/su...n-ukraine.html

Old 09-17-2018, 06:13 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I'm going with what I was originally exposed to. The arsenal in Mariupol was looted by rebels, they took many things including the BUK launcher that they repaired. The day MH-17 was shot down Ukronazi air assets were present above the battle area and had been for at least several days. We know this because several aircraft had been shot down in the prior days. Don't forget, the rebels had a Strela 10 also.

The BUK crew thought the airliner was a Ukrainian aircraft and loosed a missile at it. It was not intentional, it was a mistake.
No such "arsenal" existed in Mariupol. There was only a MVD base, which was attacked on 4/16/14 with the result of 3 attackers killed. MVD doesn't have anti aircraft units. There wasn't an air defense base anywhere near there either. Why on earth would Ukraine have built bases on its eastern border with Russia?

The "rebels" had Russian supplied equipment, that's all there is to it. No they could not have sprouted an army of such size and capability from the ruins of eastern Donetsk. Yes, they accidentally shot it down thinking it was a military target, nobody thinks otherwise. I don't believe Russian operators would have been so careless, so I personally don't believe it was Russian soldiers operating it.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:58 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You are relying on the Medvedev claim where he said it appeared hours before the incident because he forgot that California is 9 hours earlier time than Ukraine.

ITAR_TACC first reported that the plane was shot down by the DNR militia by mistake, thinking it was a Ukrainian plane. This was on the Tass Russian news agency website on July 17, 2014.

Ukraine had a lot of anti aircraft missiles in the 80's due to its geography, which were slowly phased out or sold on in the years after independence. Russia sent to the Donbas a Buk missile from the Kursk 53rd anti air craft brigade. This unit was captured from Georgia in the 2008 war (sold to Georgia by Ukraine). There is even a Russian state news report about capturing Buk's in 2008 from Georgia. Congrats on making Europe remember why they can't trust Russia...
Yeah, yeah, about 40 minutes after the accident, they reported 53 air defense crews. Immediately immediately immediately immediately learned everything, Yes, super intelligence, sees everything from the satellite))) but instantly disappeared and managers, and negotiations with the downed Boeing, Yes.. And disappeared immediately deployed Ukrainian air defense battery.
All as shot down in 2001, the plane over the Black sea. Not us ! He fell of his own free will . Sneaky and cowardly regime .. Just tired of looking at it .. Are you disgusted yourself? Are not you ashamed? ... But what I mean...

Old 09-18-2018, 12:10 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
To the horror of human rights defenders, Russia and Turkey boldly, without asking the opinion of any there exclusive States of America, signed an agreement on the demilitarized zone in Idlib, in which the Turks take over the disposal of particularly moderate Pro-American terrorists. ©

Old 09-18-2018, 01:56 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Israel created the problem. Is it a war?

Quote:
Расцениваем данные провокационные действия Израиля как враждебные. В результате безответственных действий израильских военных погибло 15 российских военнослужащих. Это абсолютно не отвечает духу российско-израильского партнерства.
Мы оставляем за собой право на адекватные ответные действия.(с)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe