Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2014, 12:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,046 times

Advertisements

Hi all reading a lot about trips and the experiences some of you had at Rome. I have planned a vacation with my husband in October and we will be there for a week. A friend of mine had suggested to book a cab or a limo for airport transfers and also suggested a company that she had hired a cab from rome-minicabs. Suggest me guys about the company and i should i go ahead and book one with them or there are other means of transportation too that would be as comfortable as this is???
Any recommendation would be highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 07:20 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,720,915 times
why don't you just like the Leonardo express train, which takes you to central Rome in 30 minutes? Don't see the point of hiring a limo (unless you are used to that kind of lifestyle, which is fine).

Within you Rome, walking/subway will conveniently take you any attractions.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:36 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,398,253 times
Hi
I highly recommend hire a reliable guide, the city is full of thieves, fraudsters, people who claim to be Italians but in reality they come from the former communist bloc and are very dangerous.
The tour guide will allow you to have a great holiday .. explaining what you see and what you eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCOQkabNaWc

The voice in the clip ad to hire a tour guide, October is a good time to visit this city

Last edited by miticoman; 08-06-2014 at 07:49 AM..

Old 08-06-2014, 09:52 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,349 times
Plus, ALWAYS ask for the sales receipt and be careful with prices, many restaurateur tend to deceive tourists.
Aside from this, enjoy Rome, no other city in the world can rival with it in terms of history.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:21 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,733,570 times
If you have never been to a big city with chaotic traffic and never been on a metro / subway, hiring an airport transfer to get you from the airport to your hotel is worth the money. I would call the hotel you're staying and arrange from there.

Two posters already warned you to be careful with prices and scams. I can't stress enough that you need to be vigilant when you're in a crowd - don't carry anything you can't live without in your pocket. Before ordering in a restaurant or cafe, check the menu and make sure you understand the prices before ordering, that includes your Gelato. Count your change before leaving a store. It's petty theft and petty scams mostly but they can put a dent to your happiness if you're not careful.

October is still high season in Rome due to relatively pleasant weather compared to summer. So expect long lines at every major attraction. Book the tickets online / ahead of time to avoid long wait.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:12 PM

89 posts, read 131,921 times
I live in Rome and since you will be visiting areas where there are many tourists don't bring anything really pricy with you and taking the subway it's faster than using a car, and a lot cheaper (trust me) and learn to convert euros to dollars so you know if they're scamming you or not. Also, if you want more information about some places you'd like to visit that some guides won't show you, such as Villa Borghese, where you can see all Rome, or places to eat without getting robbed etc.. feel free to ask.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:04 PM

1,534 posts, read 4,260,528 times
At the Trevi fountain in particular (a must see which is enormously crowded) be extra aware of pickpockets and kids who will try to snatch your coin out of the palm of your hand. Keep your coin between thumb and forefinger and toss it rather high. If a street urchin tries to steal from you - DO NOT TOUCH THEM! You do not want to get involved with the Italian legal system (that advice is from our Italian police officer social acquaintance).

Rome is unique and one of the most historic and beautiful cities in the world. Enjoy - just be wary.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:04 AM

142 posts, read 239,299 times
Why a limo?

There will be tons of people needing transport from the airport to the city, I don't see a point pre-booking. Just find a taxi/cab/mini-bus/shuttle bus at the airport that will take you straight to your hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe