Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 09:51 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinmets73 View Post
What country would Europeans want to move to? Possibly a wealthy country like Japan, but even then I'm skeptical
If i could keep my monthly income i would rather live in Thailand/Japan/Philippines/Taiwan than in my own country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 11:16 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,681 times
Sure, look at Palestina, they received millions of Europeans and locals can't stand them.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:20 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,204,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
It seems to be a general theme, that most people assume that 50 million non-Euopeans moving to Europe is expected, and anything less, and Europeans are racist, intolerant, scum of the planet types of people. Isn't it hypocritical that it isn't reciprocal?

Does it seem like the 'diversity' and 'open' is always a one-way street? Only Europe should be, but you'd never expect it of anyone else?

Wouldn't it be better if all of Asia threw open their doors, and said 'come on in!' But, almost every Asian country has an extremely rigid rigid rigid "no way in hell" policy.

Want to move 50 million Americans or 50 million Europeans to the Philippines? To South Korea? To Iran? To Afghanistan? To China? To Indonesia? To Turkey? To Saudi Arabia? To Kenya? It's not going to happen. We could make the same arguments, but it'll be great for their economies! And that would probably be true, but it will never happen. It's so incredibly unlikely to happen, that no one even makes a remote remark that is simply even possibly could.

If one were to move 50-100 million Europeans to Asia Country X, wouldn't it have an amazing impact on their overall quality of life, if that's what they are seeking? Wouldn't there be an upheaval in their economic power on a global scale, if that is what they were seeking?

I realize this will NEVER happen, but just what if one Asian country out there, just said, "Come on in, here's your Dual Passport, start a new life here." Not just UAE allowing people to work there, but an immigrant country that really says, 'you are now one of us, just like if we'd moved to Canada or Australia', and here you go.
Why would we move to those countries???

Old 09-16-2014, 11:22 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,204,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Lakes View Post
I agree with Tiger Beer. It's ridiculous to criticize European nations for not allowing more immigrants while other nations would never allow it. Why don't people criticize East Asian nations for not allowing immigrants?
England is OUT OF CONTROL. Its time the eu shuts borders.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:25 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdiamondz1902 View Post
So you're an immigrant already and you're complaining about immigrants in Europe. Priceless
I'm not complaining about immigrants, and I'm not an immigrant.

You're missing the message completely. It's hypocritical to hold Europe to a standard, when there isn't anywhere in Asia/Middle East/Africa that is open to massive immigration coming from Europe.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:28 AM

510 posts, read 609,471 times
Hong Kong and Singapore have rather open immigration laws, although both have been tightening them in recent years due to local backlash. Malaysia is rather easy to immigrate too if you have money, but I don't know how easy it is to become a citizen.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:42 AM

1,975 posts, read 5,210,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Because they allow immigration.
Not really. At least the nations people would immigrate to.

Japan

South Korea is headed for big trouble

Under China's new immigration law, harsher fines for illegal foreigners | South China Morning Post

Old 09-16-2014, 11:43 AM

1,523 posts, read 2,862,870 times
Europeans are trying to compenstate for the self hate that they grapple with as they reflect on their past as the most brutal and immoral group of humans in human history. You see, they are in a state of deep depression. Like a depressed individual, they are seeking anything to numb the pain, and that includes self suicide. The logic is that perhaps by allowing mass immigration from the people they formerly enslaved they can fill this gaping void.

Asian and African nations do not suffer from this depression. They have no reason to allow mass European immigration. They are smart enough to see thst the best case scenario would be apartheid era South Africa. That is the most positive example of European mass migration to Africa.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:01 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
Hong Kong and Singapore have rather open immigration laws, although both have been tightening them in recent years due to local backlash. Malaysia is rather easy to immigrate too if you have money, but I don't know how easy it is to become a citizen.
Hong Kong might allow 'Permanent Residency' to the more elite, but that's about it. Hong Kong is something like 3% Filipina/Indonesian maids, and they could live in HK for 25+ years, and never even come remotely close to gaining citizenship.

Singapore basically has the same relationship with it's 'foreign maids'. There has been a sizable Malay and Chinese and Indian population in Singapore, but it's more due to the British colonial past, than that Singapore is an open nation for the world's immigrants.

Malaysia basically has the same situation as Singapore, more historical reasons. It doesn't actively promote any kind of 'immigrate to Malaysia, and become one of us' kind of immigration nation focus like you'd see in the West. But, it is probably the only one that at least gives the impression that it might be possible in Asia.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:39 PM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Right now, there are Portuguese going to Angola, mainly looking for work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe