Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 10:10 PM

1,274 posts, read 979,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
Nice argumentation...

France 29 may 2005 54.68% against the treaty.
Netherland 1 june 2005 61.6% against

It's probably the last time we will have the right to give our opinion about european union.

Before those referendum, other result give No to EU. What the oligarch did? They just organize again the referendum until they get the result they wish. And once they have, it's finish. They never ask twice.
In France, the NO was simply to sanction the president at that time so I really don't think it mattered much.
When the left tried to vote NO, they thought there would be a B plan when there was none. And most of the people had difficulty to understand the purpose of this text.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 10:19 PM

1,274 posts, read 979,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
I think Europe was good for trade, the anti GM food stance as well as set-aside for fields to encourage birdlife, also the strict fishing policy, but beyond that security and borders should be for each country ( not state). If Europe is, supposedly 1x country how can countries cherry pick. Germany acts tough and thinks itself the top country but when there is armed conflict they vanish. Only the Uk, Denmark and France seem to send any troops but where are the Germans?
Germany voluntarily restricted itself on the military fields for obvious reasons related to History. It took a long time before Germany started to get the international "moral" approval to even send some troops in the world.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:43 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,602,806 times
the original very simplistic idea of the EU was for all countries to have the same currency and a jar of Nescafe for instance would cost the same no matter where you lived in the EU, that was never going to work.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:55 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
the original very simplistic idea of the EU was for all countries to have the same currency and a jar of Nescafe for instance would cost the same no matter where you lived in the EU, that was never going to work.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:07 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
I'd agree with the Eurozone - no, I don't think it's a brilliant idea. Seems to benefit Germany and making its exports cheaper while making life more difficult for Southern Europe - places like Greece should never have been admitted anyway.

I don't support the UK joining, and I don't see it happening in my lifetime. Same for Sweden.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:14 AM

we've even got the Foreign Secretary talking about the UK leaving the EU and that has never happened before, so I think-with a bit of luck- we are heading for the exit door.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:03 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
David Cameron himself has talked about the UK leaving the EU if changes aren't made - just a bunch of talk to appease the nutters back home. Trying to act like a big man.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
David Cameron himself has talked about the UK leaving the EU if changes aren't made - just a bunch of talk to appease the nutters back home. Trying to act like a big man.
I cant see DC being prime minister after May 7th.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:13 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,815,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I'd agree with the Eurozone - no, I don't think it's a brilliant idea. Seems to benefit Germany and making its exports cheaper while making life more difficult for Southern Europe - places like Greece should never have been admitted anyway.

I don't support the UK joining, and I don't see it happening in my lifetime. Same for Sweden.
Interesting graph, but i find it a bit ridiculous that we support the existence of the euro more than countries which have benefitted far more from it such as Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe