Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 02:11 PM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shohane View Post
Hi, thanks for all the replies.

I am a pharmacist fresh out of school, not a technician.

Interesting. How much experience/qualifications do I need to be self-employed in Germany?
Considering that each pharmacy employs 4-5 pharmacists (?), there would be 1 owner who earns a lot, and the 4-5 employees earn the wage that Glucorious mentioned?

What is required to earn the respective state license?
Anerkennung der Apothekerdiplome - ABDA - Bundesvereinigung Deutscher Apothekerverbände

http://service-bw.de/zfinder-bw-web/...945749&vbmid=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,338 times
Hi there , any one could tell me how should I become an industry pharmacist in Germany?! I'm not an EU pharmacist and have 8 years as a hospital pharmacist. Any steps ! any tips on how to get a job !

Old 11-04-2016, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,674 times
any one knows about pharmacist in the industry ? i need to know the qualifications required and how to find jobs cause i'm non EU citizen

Old 11-04-2016, 01:10 PM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,676 times
Do you have a residential and working permit for the European Union? If not, get that one first. No way around it.

If you have it, go to the next step.

Usually you have to have a minium 4 years science degree and additionally practical experience/training ob the job in a pharmacy. After several exams then you will get an approbation as a phamacist.

More info:
https://www.abda.de/en/working-in-germany/

But why the hell are people always asking here for pharmacists? Not the first thing that comes to my mind in the German industry.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:19 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnny View Post
Hi there , any one could tell me how should I become an industry pharmacist in Germany?! I'm not an EU pharmacist and have 8 years as a hospital pharmacist. Any steps ! any tips on how to get a job !
Have you checked the German embassy's website to see if pharmacist is on the list of professions the country is looking for, and gives work visas for? Somehow, I doubt they have a need to import foreign pharmacists, and non-EU ones, especially.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post

But why the hell are people always asking here for pharmacists? Not the first thing that comes to my mind in the German industry.
Yeah, and not only pharmacists, but why, specifically, Germany? All the inquiries are about Germany.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,035 times
Hi everyone,

I would like to learn what Pharmaceutical Industery is like in Germany.
I would like to know in what cities Industrial pharmacists can have an easier time finding jobs, and for a person with a PharmD degree in the Pakistan with 8 year Pharmaceutical experience who wants to work in Germany, what barriers will I need to overcome (besides language), and whether I will have to re-learn some of the stuff that I learned in Pharmacy school,
etc. etc.
I'd like to know everything about it

Thanks for your tim

Old 09-11-2017, 10:14 PM

OP, are you hoping to emigrate to Germany? And you're hoping that the country needs pharmacists, so they'll give you a work visa? We've had Americans inquire about the same thing, and the answer was no, Germany has plenty of its own pharmacists. Engineers are something they need. Pharmacists--not so much. You can check information on the German embassy website regarding what professions are in demand and are visa-worthy.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:57 AM

194 posts, read 423,226 times
Germany recruits heavily Pharmacists, doctors and nurses from Eastern European countries. Same for France and UK. There are regions, smaller towns where they have an acute shortage of health professionals. The requirements for candidates is to speak German, or French (for France). The licences for all these professions are generally mutually recognized between EU countries. Obtaining the German licence will be a simple, straight forward process as long as you have another EU licence and have German language average skills.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shohane View Post
I know this is a "Germany" thread, but I don't want to open another thread, so I'll ask here: Could someone please inform me on pharmacy career in the UK as well? Can pharmacists in the UK open their own pharmacies like in Germany? All I've known so far is that I'll have to take a 1-year training class in the UK to be certified (which costs 10,000 pounds).
OP, before you get too excited about opening your own ph'cy, bear in mind that to establish and run your own business, you need to wade through all manner of red tape, both with business licensing and on the tax side. You have to be ok with filing tax returns yourself, possibly several times/year. If you hire an assistant or cashier, more paperwork, all of which, don't forget, would be in German.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe