Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 08:32 AM

36 posts, read 35,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
If you criticize Israel and don't criticize the surrounding countries, then yes, you're anti-Semitic.

Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East and has the best human rights record in the Middle East, so if you're singling out Israel, the only reasonable conclusion is that you're biased against Jews.

What alternative explanation would there be for justifying the European antipathy towards Israel?

You must be joking, right?
How could you have the best human rights record if you expel Palestinians from their land and treat them like dogs?
What about your walls or the artificial country?
Palestinians, christians or muslims, are not guilty of the shoa.
You should settle your state in Bavaria, but better hurry up.
As to Jewish people, I don't know any Jewish people.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:49 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apis2015 View Post
No, I'm completely serious. You must be joking if you think the Middle East's only democracy is being criticized for reasons other than anti-Semitism.
Quote:
How could you have the best human rights record if you expel Palestinians from their land and treat them like dogs?
Nonsense. Israel treats Palestinians much better than every neighboring country, and Israeli Palestinians are the wealthiest and freest in the region.
Quote:
Because the surrounding countries all want to murder Jews and destroy Israel.
Quote:
The Holocaust has zero to do with the discussion.
Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? It isn't "my" state; I'm Catholic. I've never even been to Israel. Why would you move Israel to Bavaria?
Quote:
Thank God for that.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:59 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times
Quote:
please buy a history book! ooof!!!

talk about the low information crowd

Old 09-14-2015, 11:03 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
If you criticize Israel and don't criticize the surrounding countries, then yes, you're anti-Semitic.

Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East and has the best human rights record in the Middle East, so if you're singling out Israel, the only reasonable conclusion is that you're biased against Jews.

What alternative explanation would there be for justifying the European antipathy towards Israel?
those are arbitarry definitions and you are not some voice of authority on the subject

your effectively saying that anyone who has a problem with how israel conducts its affairs is an anti semite , its a bogus and bone headed assessment , luckily its water off a ducks back

israel is occupying several areas of land and engages in theft of land and property on a regular basis , if someone arrived up at my door with a bulldozer and a letter telling me to leave my house so it can be demolished so a new house can be built for someone from new york or russia , id be pretty angry

americans are brainwashed about the israel pallestinian conflict by an uncondtionally one sided media

Old 09-14-2015, 11:59 AM

36 posts, read 35,050 times
Not only that, many people in the US are scared stiff of saying anything about the subject not complying with the precepts of different mosaic defense leagues. They are afraid of being blacklisted.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:30 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
those are arbitarry definitions and you are not some voice of authority on the subject

your effectively saying that anyone who has a problem with how israel conducts its affairs is an anti semite , its a bogus and bone headed assessment , luckily its water off a ducks back

israel is occupying several areas of land and engages in theft of land and property on a regular basis , if someone arrived up at my door with a bulldozer and a letter telling me to leave my house so it can be demolished so a new house can be built for someone from new york or russia , id be pretty angry

americans are brainwashed about the israel pallestinian conflict by an uncondtionally one sided media
yeah, and europeans have such an unbiased and healthy history of how they've treated Jews.

save your faux outrage no one cares

Europe traded it's Jews for Islam. Enjoy

Old 09-14-2015, 12:49 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
doesnt change the fact that they as a group dominate the media and the financial culture of the usa and have a hugely disproportionate level of influence in politics which drives policy in the middle east
maybe finance, but I'm skeptical that the media is that disproportionately Jewish.

A large portion of the pro-Israel support in the US isn't from Jewish influence at all (for example, many conservatives see it as another nation fighting terrorism).

Old 09-14-2015, 01:01 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
maybe finance, but I'm skeptical that the media is that disproportionately Jewish.

A large portion of the pro-Israel support in the US isn't from Jewish influence at all (for example, many conservatives see it as another nation fighting terrorism).
i said earlier that both the right and left in american politics and media support israel uncondtionally , hollywood , the journalistic media and wall st are in the main socially liberal and even in the case of wall st , just as likely to vote democrat

christians who are uncondtionally pro israel are into the whole end times things where israel must be in tact etc , that movement is very influential in the GOP

israel could do very well and it has a right to exist , if it was attacked by iran , iran deserves everything it gets , that doesnt mean it gets a pass for stealing land however or engaging in collective punishment of an entire people , it needs to get rid of monster like netanjahu for a start

Old 09-14-2015, 01:19 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
Quote:
i said earlier that both the right and left in american politics and media support israel uncondtionally , hollywood , the journalistic media and wall st are in the main socially liberal and even in the case of wall st , just as likely to vote democrat

christians who are uncondtionally pro israel are into the whole end times things where israel must be in tact etc , that movement is very influential in the GOP

israel could do very well and it has a right to exist , if it was attacked by iran , iran deserves everything it gets , that doesnt mean it gets a pass for stealing land however or engaging in collective punishment of an entire people , it needs to get rid of monster like netanjahu for a start
Not true. In a poll 60% support Israel while 40% do NOT.
US has more Jews than even Israel which says what? The 7/8 million Jews in the US are still tiny % compared to the 320+ million US population. The young people and the democrats are more likely to support Palestine which means the future in the US is even more anti-israeli. The christians want Israel to be christian and not Jerusalem to be the capitol of Israel...
I only agree it's the the old Republicans in America who are pro-israeli but that's about it.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:27 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,733,717 times
There's already a thread on the matter:
Why is sympathy for Islam so common on the political left?

Threads specifically about politics should primarily be opened in the politics subforum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe