Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 03:45 PM

321 posts, read 400,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Did Italy rank as the first? It should be. "We are so the best in everything, but we are still so crap in every other things". Simply must be the most bipolar nation on Earth.
"We are so the best in everything"

WTF are you talking about?
The only thing Italians are the best in is national self-loathing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 04:02 PM

1,248 posts, read 824,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
They are not allowed to be happy. As soon as they are proud about something or get excited, somebody waves the Nazi flag over them and they have to shut up again.

It's time that all the people from back then are finally dead and the guilt shaming can be over. My dad wasn't even alive back then and we are tired for taking the blame over something our grand parents did. It's about time that we can walk with our chins up again like all other nations.
Some day you will, Eve. Some day WE will. Germany is a great nation, and it has a lot to be proud of. I am listening to Beethoven's 5th Symphony just now. Truly superhuman music!

The Germans were mighty excited about winning the World Cup last year. I had my birthday around the time of the final game. Double intake of beer... what a night it was!

Old 11-06-2015, 05:11 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Such BS. I hope you were joking.
No, I think he was serious for sure.
This is his (presumed) serious face, as he was typing that.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:03 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,192,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
*roll on the floor*.

Old 11-07-2015, 03:30 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
why did you drag us into this thread?
For fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbury View Post
"We are so the best in everything"

WTF are you talking about?
The only thing Italians are the best in is national self-loathing...
True as well. But the history, culture, arts, cuisine, la dolce vita... and suddenly boo hooh, why is Germany so much better than us despite the fact that they are rednecks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Yes. Or more precisely like this:

Old 11-07-2015, 03:01 PM

570 posts, read 605,064 times
oh-eve.-
Quiet .-The spanish admire many things germany .I m happy listening to Bethoven,Mozart .Shubert,etc
But all the countries of Europe are the best at something.
For example our spanish painters Velazquez Goya ,Picasso etc
But pride must manage not to bother
My experience is that many germans believe they are best around and also say it.
I remember a German ejecutive who said that in Spain knew no draw and had the front office to the
Museum of Prado.
That is considered a profound contempt rejection
The Germans have to learn to celebrate their successes without despisses other people countries.
I tells you what you never had a spanish war with Germany and I always sympathize .
Many germans do not understand the contempt for the other countries that show many times.
Unfortunately they are very wrong and do not realize.-

Old 11-07-2015, 03:23 PM

570 posts, read 605,064 times
Correct previous post.-
The German executive told me that spaniards knew not draw and that him would to bring advertise to Germany.

And his office was opposite the Prado Museum.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:09 AM

321 posts, read 400,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
True as well. But the history, culture, arts, cuisine, la dolce vita... and suddenly boo hooh, why is Germany so much better than us despite the fact that they are rednecks?
The answer is quite simple: Italy is not a nation and Italians are not a people in the sense than the Germans and the French are.
Spaghetti and pizzas are not enough to bring us together, I am afraid, so the level of respect for national laws and public properties is awfully low.

The French, the Germans, and most other peoples in Europe row in the same collective direction.

Each and every Italian, OTOH, is rowing in its own personal direction, which is against the collective direction most of the time.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:14 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
The world

Old 11-08-2015, 03:31 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
Physically Germany is very similar to many parts of Romania, not dull at all. Maybe the flat lowlands of northern Germany might appear dull to outsiders, but they expand to the Netherlands and Denmark too.
Culturally the Dutch are close to Germans and the Danes somewhat to north Germans.
So why are the Dutch number 7 and the Danes number 3 on the list? Nothing to do with dullness.
The Danes rank high in happiness simply because they rank themselves highly. But they're also the greatest consumers in Western Europe of anti-depressants. The Germans probably rank themselves more realistically, and so they come in lower on the scale. I would also suspect that there's a difference between north & central Germany, vs. the south in that regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe