Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 11:03 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,759 times

Advertisements

Seems like the Austrian opening band of Eagles of Death Metal was incredibly lucky: after their gig they left for some food. Right when those fucktards entered the building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 02:41 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,265,333 times
We planned to vist Paris this week end to make discover the city to our three years old daughter... I was in Paris this friday night expecting my family to arrive saturday morning. Finally we cancelled the trip, as everything was closed saturday and the ambiance in the city was a bit scary, with few people in the streets, and some military cars.
I came back to Tours where it feels much more secure and normal life.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:37 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Interesting factoid I heard today is that none of the bombers who blew themselves up killed anyone else by doing so. The victims were shot before the terrorists blew themselves to hell. There is somehow a bit of justice there, at least.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:18 AM

617 posts, read 538,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
The victims were shot before the terrorists blew themselves to hell. There is somehow a bit of justice there, at least.
They are as much "terrorists" as NATO is. When we will see similar justice brought to NATO?

I bet the only answer acceptable for a typical westerner is - never, as they see themselves in God position to bring "democracy" on bomber wings to those who never asked for it.

What just happened in Paris is not fair to those who fell victims, but that's what those "terrorists" can do to have at least some justice, since they don't possess tactical missiles and bombers.

This is really a holly war for those in Muslim world - their religion prohibits things which are "core values" in western world: usury, drugs including alcohol and debauchery. Muslims will win because God is on their side.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:54 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
They are as much "terrorists" as NATO is. When we will see similar justice brought to NATO?
Yes, obviously a transnational defense organization amongst the world's leading democracies is exactly the same as indiscriminate slaughter of innocents by an apocalyptic death cult.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:00 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Interesting factoid I heard today is that none of the bombers who blew themselves up killed anyone else by doing so. The victims were shot before the terrorists blew themselves to hell. There is somehow a bit of justice there, at least.
I don't think this is justice- they take the easy way out and French Authorities have no way of getting information out of them. Makes it harder to figure out their direct connections.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
1 American also.(University student from California)
I was just reading her story- her name was Nohemi Gonzalez and she was a star student in her Design Program. She was a mentor and had just won a design contest. She had a very bright future ahead of her..

All of these poor people, many were probably on vacation too. I can't imagine what all of these families are going through.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:21 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
I've never understood and maybe many don't. The organizations these terrorist's stem from. What exactly are they angry about? I know we hear Religion is part of it. Or they are angry countries invade Middle East Countries. Still what exactly is the reason, is there even one? These Terrorist's only strike at innocent civilians. People that have absolutely nothing to do, with their so called causes. One would think much of their anger would be towards, Gov't officials and Politicians of countries. Yet those types are not attacked. It is always the innocent people.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:33 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blue Sky View Post
As one of those living here with relatives in Paris might I please request a little less salivating and a little more decorum from some of the posters on this forum and indeed this thread.

There is a time and a place to enjoy being vermin and it would be appreciated if you could curb your instincts for a little while.

Thank you.
I hope all of your friends and relatives are okay. I'm sorry this happened to your country.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I've never understood and maybe many don't. The organizations these terrorist's stem from. What exactly are they angry about? I know we hear Religion is part of it. Or they are angry countries invade Middle East Countries. Still what exactly is the reason, is there even one? These Terrorist's only strike at innocent civilians. People that have absolutely nothing to do, with their so called causes. One would think much of their anger would be towards, Gov't officials and Politicians of countries. Yet those types are not attacked. It is always the innocent people.
From my basic understanding ISIS is highly organized and has a well structured plan to control the Muslim world by force- to create a Caliphate. It seems as though there are different types of Caliphates, but the one they are looking to establish is to have one leader/group control the entire Muslim population. Countries don't matter, nationalities don't matter, governments don't matter. Anyone who gets in their way (including Muslims and Arabs) will be destroyed. They arose with connections to Al Qaeda during the US Iraquis invasion(which also included allied forces), so of course all Western Countries are enemies.

The more I have learned and read about them, the more serious I see the problem. Many people emotionally reduce it to "they hate us (Westerners) and want to destroy us." Seems to me that anyone or anything that doesn't agree with their extremism is an enemy and will be destroyed. The biggest casualties and most victims are Iraquis, Syrians and other groups in the Middle East.

Also, this problem is not new and these movements have been growing probably since the 80s. Many countries have been continuously invading and creating war in these areas (Russia, UK, US) so they have had plenty of time to brew hatred, grow their groups and recruit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe