Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 09:32 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,994,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Please.

Stop letting these yahoos in by the thousands. .
1. Close your borders. 2. Begin transition away from fossil fuels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 02:43 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,676 times
Agreed on that. The problem for many Germans these days is that they have to pay more and more, and they get less. For me there are two approaches a governmental system can work: US approach is paying smaller taxs, getting only basic infrastcuture and the individual is more or less challenged to search his welfare by himself. Or the Scandinavian/German approach: high taxes, and therefore the government provides a better infrastructure, free/cheap education, affordable healthcare, high security and stability. I do not want to judge which it better, both can work well.

What currently happens in Germany is that we have both very high taxes on bascially everything (income tax, VAT 19%, high tax on fuel etc.), very high costs for health insurance (most people I know together with their employer pay up to $1000 per month) and at the same time getting run down infrastructure (thousands of bridges are not safe anymore, schools are closed and buildings are ugly and old) and even safety is not existing anymore, as Mahgreb quarters rise in the cities, thefts and robbery in public places are increasing. Health care is not good as well, not enough staff in hospitals, high risk for infections in hospitals, old and unreliable equipment of the military (problems with A400M, Eurofighter, NH90 helicotper, machine gun etc.). So summarized one pays a hell out his pocket but does not receive anything as a well educated working person. Germany is only a paradise to the welfare receivers, they get apartments, money, health care, sometimes even better life than working class people, but a state cannot survice by only attracting those who receive and never contribute.

It's time to stop that bs and to spend the money in infrastructure and economical competitiveness, creating jobs instead of welfare receivers. At the same time, close the borders for everyone not eligible for asylum and deport all the people from Mahgreb countries who are not suffering from civil war. Provide acceptable conditions for limited time for those from Syria, who lost their homes by islamic terrorism. The interesting thing is that people from Syria who come to Germany are mostly very fine people, thankful for a chance to survice, whereas all other "Fake-asylum seekers" from Mahgreb area tend to be violent and criminal by a higher rate. Germany should help people from Syria until the civial war is over, and then support them in taking back their country from the dictators and terrorists and build up a proper nation.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:07 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,063 times
Quote:
No, I'm not saying the same thing that you're saying at all. WESTERN interests include but are not limited to American interests.

If I were European and was considering who was my closest friend and ally - the US, Russia, or China - I'd bet my money on the US every time.
Europeans are diverse people with a wide array of opinions. Personally, the last thing I would want to is for my country (both of my countries, Germany and the one I live in now) to become the USA 2.0, with gun violence, no government-mandated vacation and a staggering burden of debt laid on college students. Ah yes, and they would have to introduce speed limit on the Autobahnen too.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:31 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
Europeans are diverse people with a wide array of opinions. Personally, the last thing I would want to is for my country (both of my countries, Germany and the one I live in now) to become the USA 2.0, with gun violence, no government-mandated vacation and a staggering burden of debt laid on college students. Ah yes, and they would have to introduce speed limit on the Autobahnen too.
I didn't say "become USA 2.0." Stop putting words into my mouth or twisting what I'm saying. What I said was that if I were a European, I would trust the USA as an ally over Russia or China. That's it.

I'd hate for you to lose some of your vacation time! Priorities, you know.

Ironically, as the ax attack in Germany and the truck attack in France prove - one doesn't need a gun in order to wreak havoc and cause great bodily harm or death to many people.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:42 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,629 times
When are the Germans going to wake up?

Old 07-22-2016, 06:23 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Regarding the axman, I read that he was only pretending to be an Afghan so he wouldn't be deported. He was from Pakistan. Experts have determined that his accent was also Pakistani in his recorded video where he was brandishing a knife, and they found documents in his room that confirmed his country of origin, Pakistan, not Afghanistan.

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-26-2016 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 07-24-2016, 09:52 PM

5,123 posts, read 4,971,177 times
All the tragedies and chaos are somehow natural consequences of when civilization reaches out to barbarism unguardedly, a hallmark of naive liberal politicians who have lived in a vacuum for too long and forgot the harm and danger of barbarism that their forefathers had to fight and survive. Hopefully these will serve a timely wake up call to many of the liberal europeans and will make them rethink their strategy in dealing with barbarism.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:20 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times
Quote:
I didn't say "become USA 2.0." Stop putting words into my mouth or twisting what I'm saying. What I said was that if I were a European, I would trust the USA as an ally over Russia or China. That's it.

I'd hate for you to lose some of your vacation time! Priorities, you know.

Ironically, as the ax attack in Germany and the truck attack in France prove - one doesn't need a gun in order to wreak havoc and cause great bodily harm or death to many people.
Ironically? Nobody else is confused about the fact that there are more weapons out there than guns. The difference is that a lot of Americans seem unable to defend gun ubiquity (because there is no proper excuse) rationally, and descend into pointing out that sometimes bad things can also happen without guns. We know. It's just that there is an exponentially more dangerous situation when guns develop into some sort of inherently deserved social norm that gets in the way of addressing the roots of certain violent crime.

A lot of Europe's minorities originate from the Middle East to an extent that is different than in North America. I think their more established relationship is what makes them more susceptible to acts of terror "under Islam" than the USA or Canada or Australia. I'd still feel safer there than in the USA by a long shot, and stats will back that up. I don't really know what the answer to acts of terror is, but at least I can admit that and not instantly fear the outside world and advocate for closing the border to anyone from a certain geography.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:40 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Ironically? Nobody else is confused about the fact that there are more weapons out there than guns. The difference is that a lot of Americans seem unable to defend gun ubiquity (because there is no proper excuse) rationally, and descend into pointing out that sometimes bad things can also happen without guns. We know. It's just that there is an exponentially more dangerous situation when guns develop into some sort of inherently deserved social norm that gets in the way of addressing the roots of certain violent crime.

A lot of Europe's minorities originate from the Middle East to an extent that is different than in North America. I think their more established relationship is what makes them more susceptible to acts of terror "under Islam" than the USA or Canada or Australia. I'd still feel safer there than in the USA by a long shot, and stats will back that up. I don't really know what the answer to acts of terror is, but at least I can admit that and not instantly fear the outside world and advocate for closing the border to anyone from a certain geography.
If you have the time, calculate what the odds of being murdered in the US are if you are a non-Hispanic white person. Then compare that number to the murder rates among western European nations. You might just be surprised.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
If you have the time, calculate what the odds of being murdered in the US are if you are a non-Hispanic white person. Then compare that number to the murder rates among western European nations. You might just be surprised.
Bingo.

I've posted those stats over and over again all over this forum but they aren't politically correct stats so it's like the reality of them bounces off some peoples' foreheads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe