Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2016, 07:07 PM

1,529 posts, read 917,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
German:179.9cm
France: 179.7cm
Switzerland: 178.4cm
Luxembourg: 177.9cm
UK: 177.5 cm
Austria: 177.4cm
Spain: 176.6 cm

posted by saxonworld.

And you can see it in internet. You just need to google it.

I am 177 cm and I see I am short compared to the average man in the metro or in the Parisian streets. I am the shortest guy in my family and where I work.

Dans quel pays est-on le plus grand ? | Actualité | LeFigaro.fr - Santé
We all have our own facts. Saxonworld can keep his, you keep yours and I stick with mine.

Come to think of it, who really cares.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I am the shortest guy in my family and where I work.
That explains a lot of things.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:39 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,841,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
That explains a lot of things.
Goes to explain his Napoleon complex.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:05 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,480,941 times
Here is the world's largest study on height.

The height of men and women in the UK has increased by around 11 centimetres over the last century. But the nation with the tallest average height for men is the Netherlands, while the tallest average height for women is found in Latvia. The largest ever study of global height found that in 2014, men in the Netherlands had an average height of 182.5 centimetres (5 feet, 11 inches). The average female height in Latvia was 170 centimetres (5 feet, 7 inches).

The tallest nations worldwide are all found in Europe, and also include Estonia, Denmark, Serbia and the Czech Republic. While the US had the third-tallest men and fourth-tallest women in the world back in 1914, the US has now slipped to 37th and 42nd place, respectively. British men are the 31st tallest worldwide, while British women are 38th.

The height of men and women in the UK has increased by around 11 centimetres over the last century. But the nation with the tallest average height for men is the Netherlands, while the tallest average height for women is found in Latvia.

The largest ever study of global height found that in 2014, men in the Netherlands had an average height of 182.5 centimetres (5 feet, 11 inches). The average female height in Latvia was 170 centimetres (5 feet, 7 inches).

The tallest nations worldwide are all found in Europe, and also include Estonia, Denmark, Serbia and the Czech Republic. While the US had the third-tallest men and fourth-tallest women in the world back in 1914, the US has now slipped to 37th and 42nd place, respectively. British men are the 31st tallest worldwide, while British women are 38th.

“Our study shows the English-speaking world, especially the US, is falling behind other high-income nations in Europe and Asia Pacific,” said Majid Ezzati, a global health researcher at Imperial College London. “Together with the poor performance of these countries in terms of obesity, this emphasises the need for more effective policies towards healthy nutrition throughout life.”

The greatest height increases over the past century were seen in women in South Korea – who are now an average of 20.2 centimetres taller – and men in Iran, where the average male height has increased by 16.5 centimetres. Iran has also seen large improvements in life expectancy in recent decades, in part due to new rural health programmes.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...udy-of-height/

Rankings - Mean Height > Height > Data Visualisations > NCD-RisC

Here is the Top 40 for men from the document above. It actually goes to 200 and the women's list is there as well.

1 Netherlands
2 Belgium
3 Estonia
4 Latvia
5 Denmark
6 Bosnia & Herzegovina
7 Croatia
8 Serbia
9 Iceland
10 Czech Republic
11 Germany
12 Slovenia
13 Norway
14 France
15 Sweden
16 Finland
17 Slovakia
18 Australia
19 Lithuania
20 Ireland
21 Ukraine
22 Belarus
23 Switzerland
24 Macedonia (TFYR)
25 Montenegro
26 Bulgaria
27 Canada
28 Luxembourg
29 Italy
30 New Zealand
31 United Kingdom
32 French Polynesia
33 Austria
34 Poland
35 Greece
36 Hungary
37 USA
38 Grenada
39 Israel
40 Tonga

Old 08-22-2016, 06:47 AM

820 posts, read 955,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Goes to explain his Napoleon complex.
I haven't any complex. 177/178cm is perfect. I like it. Good for you to find a kind of cosolation prize...
When I go in the USA, I feel too tall for them. They are short, ugly and fat. How can you have any complex there?
But it is right, it is probably more difficult in France. haha

Last edited by amaroW; 08-22-2016 at 07:28 AM..

Old 08-22-2016, 03:13 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,460,652 times
Quote:
I haven't any complex. 177/178cm is perfect. I like it. Good for you to find a kind of cosolation prize...
When I go in the USA, I feel too tall for them. They are short, ugly and fat. How can you have any complex there?
Too tall? What a lie? The average height in the U.S. is 177cm and in France it's 179.7, there is only 2.7cm in difference!! How tall do you feel? I am 196 cm tall. Oh well, beauty is relative. You might think of us as that, we might think of you as weak, skinny, unhygienic or as people who don't bathe often. Stereotypes who both ways!! Remember that.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Just stay away from the Mid West. Somebody may accidentally step on you thinking you are a gnome. Also, while anywhere in the US watch your language, somebody may rearrange your facial features.

Yes, you do have a serious inferiority problem which you are trying to cover up by acting superior. Your constant badmouthing of other countries and people is not very nice. It is rather low class. In England it is referred to as having a "knees up mother brown" background.

In case you have not noticed, the world does not revolve around France.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Too tall? What a lie? The average height in the U.S. is 177cm and in France it's 179.7, there is only 2.7cm in difference!! How tall do you feel? I am 196 cm tall. Oh well, beauty is relative. You might think of us as that, we might think of you as weak, skinny, unhygienic or as people who don't bathe often. Stereotypes who both ways!! Remember that.
But, but, but, how can you say they are unhygienic. Didn't you read that they have almost two million swimming pools in France. Maybe they lack water.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:37 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,058,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Much darker? What illusion is that? Most likely linked to the stereotype set from the Nazi days of a blonde, blue-eyed German, thus many people picture Germans as being blonde. I definitely don't. The people, I see which are quite blonde are the Scandinavians and Icelanders. The French rather are much closer to Iberians, especially the southern French and French Basques. The palest people, I have ever seen are Irish, British, Icelandic people too. Swedish and Norwegians can be quite blonde but they usually not always tan pretty well. On the other, I have seen many Irish, British, including my dad who is of British descent who even when brown or dark-haired don't tan at all and have freckle complexion. There was or is a stereotype for the Welsh being "dark", well they are not any particularly darker than other Britons. Some Welsh might be dark ( Catherine Zeta Jones), but let us not exaggerate. One of the blondest Britons, I know is of Welsh origin, Iwan Thomas. Facts are according to the ScottishDNA Project, the Welsh have a higher frequency of red hair than all the English regions and a higher frequency of blue eyes than Southwest, Southeast and East English. So how can that be very dark? Iberians have lower frequencies of light pigmentation than the French let alone the Britons.
What a load of bollox this is......again!

Old 08-22-2016, 03:40 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,058,630 times
Quote:
German:179.9cm
France: 179.7cm
Switzerland: 178.4cm
Luxembourg: 177.9cm
UK: 177.5 cm
Austria: 177.4cm
Spain: 176.6 cm

posted by saxonworld.

And you can see it in internet. You just need to google it.

I am 177 cm and I see I am short compared to the average man in the metro or in the Parisian streets. I am the shortest guy in my family and where I work.

Dans quel pays est-on le plus grand ? | Actualité | LeFigaro.fr - Santé
The French are the shortest people in the world, I know a French guy and he is 4 feet 11 inches tall, he told me that in Nice where he is from he is one of the tallest guys in the city, he told me that his nickname is 'lanky'. The fact that the French are so short and scrawny probably explains why throughout history they are always getting bullied by the Germans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe