Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 04:08 PM

1,529 posts, read 918,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Exactly. This is the only common sense comment I have read on here.
Really? Run it by some muslim women and see if they agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 04:37 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,610,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
It seems the better solution to terrorism and non assimilating immigrants is to do better vetting.
Except that many of the terrorist were not really religious until few months or a few year before their attacks.
The terrorist in Nice never went in a mosque, eated pork, drank alcohol and frequented gay clubs (he was Bisexual).
Do you think that he was not exposed to different views?

The same can be said for almost all the other terrorists in Paris and Rouen.
Before their radicalization, they were not isolated, they were living in a very western way, they were not practitioners, they did not follow the precepts of Islam. Some are even convert.

The only common point I can find them it is a weakness of mind, easily manipulated.
Some were already known to be violent or for pretty crime.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:54 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,455,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
How authoritarian of you.
We all think the same, we just don't want to admit it. It would be authoritarian to force division amongst thinking minds

Old 08-17-2016, 05:01 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,025,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Why should France care if they agree?

Old 08-17-2016, 05:10 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,473,999 times
Quote:
Those poor women have been brainwashed from the day they were born to believe that it is wrong to show some skin in public, and if they do there is severe punishment. I bet if given the choice they would love to show an ankle and some cleavage. As long as their religion is dominated by stupid men nothing is going to change. I feel sorry for them.
I don't disagree with you for the most part but I think that with time they will change, to force the change is no a good move. I see a lot of Muslim women daily on my commute to and from work. I see the mothers dressed in Muslim style clothing but I see their daughters dressing differently, more western and a whole lot more colorful. I see women all over Seattle wearing burkas in one form or another. As well fit as some of those "oppressive rags" are no one is going to tell me the wearer doesn't have a reason for wearing it as she does. Goddamn teases.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:13 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,848,649 times
You had me scared when I first glanced at the title...thought they had banned bikinis in France.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
You had me scared when I first glanced at the title...thought they had banned bikinis in France.
Now that would make a lot of sense. Ban bikinis in France. Make all women wear barkinis (did I spell that right?) maybe it should read bearkinis. I deserve afor that.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Now that would make a lot of sense. Ban bikinis in France. Make all women wear barkinis (did I spell that right?) maybe it should read bearkinis. I deserve afor that.
Now I got it. It's Burkini , a portmanteau of Burka and Bikini invented in Australia in 2007. It was worn by Muslim women life guards. Nothing wrong with women all over the world wearing it. The French have no business banning it on their beaches. France is well known for screwing up things.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:52 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,798,160 times
Quote:
The Muslim women that kids are friends with pay $80 for a bikini where I live. I wouldn't pay that much for a bikini.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:59 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,798,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't disagree with you for the most part but I think that with time they will change, to force the change is no a good move. I see a lot of Muslim women daily on my commute to and from work. I see the mothers dressed in Muslim style clothing but I see their daughters dressing differently, more western and a whole lot more colorful. I see women all over Seattle wearing burkas in one form or another. As well fit as some of those "oppressive rags" are no one is going to tell me the wearer doesn't have a reason for wearing it as she does. Goddamn teases.
They are not being consistent. If they don't want to show skin then they should cover their face and feet. None of these half baked clothing. And when they get wet, I'm sure it will stick to their skin and show their female form. Best yet, don't go to the beach, don't be a lifeguard, do something else. Ride a donkey or whatever mode of transportation then you don't see people hence you don't need to cover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe