Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 05:37 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,130,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
We all think the same, we just don't want to admit it. It would be authoritarian to force division amongst thinking minds
Have you learnt to use enter yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Really? Run it by some muslim women and see if they agree.
The ones living here and pursuing an education so they don't have to depend on anyone still choose to dress in their cultural attire. You tell me what you think they're gonna say about being prohibited to wear whatever they want. Oh nevermind, we have actual examples; Have you read the complaints whenever a student is banned form wearing her hijab in school?
And nevermind the countless Muslim women who think of western "Equality" saviors as patronizing white knights that do more harm than good.

Last edited by Arigarisha; 08-18-2016 at 05:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 06:49 AM

24,687 posts, read 11,033,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
Topless sunbathing is banned in all muslim countries, so their archaic culture make women tourist from western countries feel exactly what their female ancestors suffered in the past.
I can't hear you complaining about their rights because you and everyone assume they will ban topless sunbathing forever, so you should change your thoughts by supporting the European way of life rather than trying to support those who want to change our modern way of life.
Try it in Italy.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:03 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,110,862 times
Interestingly enough, I saw a post by a friend of a friend on Facebook last night related to this very issue.

The friend of a friend is (judging by her name) a Quebec lady living in France. She was recently told by the lifeguard at a public swimming pool in her town that her pre-teen daughter could not wear a t-shirt and bikini bottom to swim. This was not "appropriate attire". As she did not want her prebuscent daughter to swim topless in public, she left the pool. And will be making a complaint.

She does not live in one of the towns or cities that are in the news for their burkini bans.

So it shows that the nitpicking over swimwear is spreading to other parts of France and is also going overboard.

BTW I am 99.99% certain that this woman and her family are not Muslim and not Middle Eastern or North African.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:34 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,019,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Interestingly enough, I saw a post by a friend of a friend on Facebook last night related to this very issue.

The friend of a friend is (judging by her name) a Quebec lady living in France. She was recently told by the lifeguard at a public swimming pool in her town that her pre-teen daughter could not wear a t-shirt and bikini bottom to swim. This was not "appropriate attire". As she did not want her prebuscent daughter to swim topless in public, she left the pool. And will be making a complaint.

She does not live in one of the towns or cities that are in the news for their burkini bans.

So it shows that the nitpicking over swimwear is spreading to other parts of France and is also going overboard.

BTW I am 99.99% certain that this woman and her family are not Muslim and not Middle Eastern or North African.
maybe it was a white tshirt

Old 08-18-2016, 10:40 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,019,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post

The ones living here and pursuing an education so they don't have to depend on anyone still choose to dress in their cultural attire. You tell me what you think they're gonna say about being prohibited to wear whatever they want.
They should say "feels just like in my home country where women can't wear what they want"

Old 08-18-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
They should say "feels just like in my home country where women can't wear what they want"
So a modern country which probably prides itself of being egalitarian is making women feel just like they would in a misogynistic culture that oppresses them?
Brilliant.

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-22-2016 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: Rude

Old 08-18-2016, 12:29 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,629,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Have you learnt to use enter yet?

The ones living here and pursuing an education so they don't have to depend on anyone still choose to dress in their cultural attire. You tell me what you think they're gonna say about being prohibited to wear whatever they want.
I know what Russians would say in this case.
"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of a problem" )))))
Which is basically true.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I know what Russians would say in this case.
"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of a problem" )))))
Which is basically true.
Sorry if I laugh in your face, but last time I heard about Russians "solving problems" they were raping gay women to turn them heterosexual and banning transexual people from driving. Excuse my incapability to believe Russians are capable or willing to help minorities.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:44 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,110,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
maybe it was a white tshirt
Hehehe.

So this town is an affluent outer suburb in the Paris area. It is not noted for a large religious minority population.

The pool regulations state that "le maillot de bain traditionnel est obligatoire" (traditional swimming attire is mandatory).

I wonder if this is new or not. A quick Google search shows many municipal pools have this rule in France.

It means you can't wear a t-shirt as a swimsuit. Or a burkini I suppose.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:25 PM

820 posts, read 955,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Hehehe.

So this town is an affluent outer suburb in the Paris area. It is not noted for a large religious minority population.

The pool regulations state that "le maillot de bain traditionnel est obligatoire" (traditional swimming attire is mandatory).

I wonder if this is new or not. A quick Google search shows many municipal pools have this rule in France.

It means you can't wear a t-shirt as a swimsuit. Or a burkini I suppose.
Yes it is forbidden but it has nothing to do with religion.
It is because it is not hygienic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe