Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 04:19 AM

570 posts, read 605,064 times

Advertisements

Kikebkl.-
I am very agree with you.-Is absurd to say that Spain lives on tourism albeit is very important . As
I would say,same this of France or UK.-

My last data of 2013 are that tourism in Spain is 11,4 of PIB .As masimo I do not think 2016 can reach
more than 15%.-
For this reason Spain it lives mainly of the remaining 85% that are the industry and agriculture.-

The old english people and other many foreigners who have in their mind that UK remains an Empire and Spain a poor country( By this thought also voted , the Brexit, clearly hurting your country).

They continue thinking that Spain is very poor, a agricultural country, as out after of the civil war in 1936-39).-

The image of the countries, it takes long time for that it change.-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 04:38 AM

136 posts, read 129,559 times
no one thinks spain is poor and agricultural.. people know spain is not poor

but people think spain is touristy, sunny, siesta, toro, ole!!!

Old 08-30-2016, 06:51 AM

mill-electronics.-
I remember amiably that yourself recently in this forum has said that of Spain economy is very poor .-

"Tourist income to maintain some semblance of an economy"
=======================================´

I would know of that country is You , for best comment of these things .-

I am spaniard as you knows.-
The slogans for tourists attraction are , sun Holiday,Nap and Bulls.-

Would be absurd slogans by example as that Zara or ACS are the first and bests companies in the textile,and in the public works in the world .

I do not think attract these slogans any tourist.

But educated people should know of Spain more things than the sun and the bulls.-

Old 08-30-2016, 09:45 AM

263 posts, read 230,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post

I am spaniard as you knows.-
The slogans for tourists attraction are , sun Holiday,Nap and Bulls.-

Would be absurd slogans by example as that Zara or ACS are the first and bests companies in the textile,and in the public works in the world .

I do not think attract these slogans any tourist.

But educated people should know of Spain more things than the sun and the bulls.-
Well said

Old 08-30-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
The area centered around Aranda de Duero (Burgos) with towns like Covarrubias, Silos, Coruña del Conde and a stint to Santander, Vega del Pas. Galicia is nice..but becoming massified.
Intriguing, thank you very much

Old 08-30-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
DELMARVA NATIVE.-

You want tips to travel to Spain.
You says he is a student with little money who likes
to walk and you know already Madrid and Barcelona e Ibiza.

Here are 2 ideas

1)First I recommend to you a time of studying spanish in the University of Salamanca ,one of the 4 oldest in the world

.-A historical city full of beautiful antique mediovales buildings with 30000 students around the world, and with of joy and student atmosphere ,without parangon or comparison in the world.-
This is a experience will remenber you, all your life.-

2)The 2, idea is make The road of Santiago of Compostela by the North of Spain.You can, free sleeping in public shelters.--

In the year 2015, they traveled 265.000 pilgrims .-

If you are interested in another post I will inform with more detail of the Road to Santiago.-
Ah yes, excellent post, thank you!

I'm especially interested of the uni in Salamanca

And I would love to read more from you about the camino and anything else

Old 08-30-2016, 01:02 PM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,576,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mille-electronics View Post

siesta, toro, ole!!!
You should think everyone in Spain do that, but no.
In fact, I've never did "siesta", I support the most animal-friendly political party from Spain and 'olé' does not exist in my personal vocabulary.

If you like people who often do "siesta", go to the far south.

Old 08-30-2016, 03:38 PM

Spain is VARIATION ,there are no only the best bulls ,but also best football,the best golf or Tennis,but also 80 cathedrals and impressive Monasteries as the Escorial,.

The most famous festivals per hundreds (The Feria de Seville,San Fermines etc).-

The most varied cuisine ,deserts near of green areas such as the Austrian Tyrol,extraordinary Museums ,Hundreds of Castles,

More cities than any other country declared, Heritage World of humanity by the UNESCO.-

But also, large Companies of Spain as the company textil ZARA that is the largest and best in the World .-.

ACS of large and first Company of Build in the World ,or Telefonica company,Banco Santander etc etc.-

The people that Summarize Spain in the SUn and Bulls are absurd.-
==========================================

Spain is the country with most VARIED of things to live and see,for every tastes or pleasures-

In very few Km there is no other country with such VARIETY, of things wonderful .-

Old 08-31-2016, 05:30 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
I have visited central and southern Spain and the Mediterranean coast of Spain, but not northeastern Spain. In Galicia, is Spanish the primary language spoken by most, or is Spanish a second language for the majority? Galician language is simliar to Portugese, correct? I speak Spanish fluently but I can't understand much Portugese, so I am guessing I would not understand much Galician. Hopefully most people in Galicia don't mind speaking to visitors in Spanish even if it is not their primary language at home.

No problemo, in Galicia they speak 17.623 languages.

17.621 dialects of not-normalized "galician" spoken in hamlets, there are close to one million hamlets lost in a maze of counties and parishes. Those dialects can only be understood by people from those specific hamlets. They will talk to you in Spanish or they will find somebody that speaks English as Galician are well travelled.

Normalized Galician. Normalized Galician sounds just as somebody from Madrid trying to speak Galician after drinking half a liter of moonshine. If you know Spanish, you will understand everything and have a lauh or two. Their word for "knowledge" or conocimiento in Spanish sounds quite rude when heard for the first time.

Spanish. Everybody speaks Spanish.

No, not much relation between Spanish and Portuguese, but Galicians do visit Portugal very frequently.

If you visit Galicia you must make a pilgrimage to San Andres de Teixido and sign your name or leave your business card, avoid weekends. Sant Andres is the deity of humble Galician people and he's said to represent several Celtic deities that are not extinct in Galicia.

Last edited by karstic; 08-31-2016 at 05:40 AM..

Old 09-01-2016, 03:38 AM

1 posts, read 418 times
Hey,

Try reading my easy guide for Spanish property.

Hope it helps.

[url=http://www.currencysolutions.co.uk/personal-currency-transfers/your-ultimate-spanish-property-checklist.html]Your Ultimate Spanish Property Checklist | Currency Solutions[/url]

Kind Regards Lily
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe