Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 05:04 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,051,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
You would think a yeehaw would not ask a question about what government does better than the private sector, considering how pro-military those types tend to be.
A yeehaw?

Typical elitist and totally predictable. We know your type well. You have all the answers for other people and you have no regard for personal freedom. No thanks.

Last edited by Return2FL; 01-20-2017 at 05:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 05:39 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
We have a complete lack of coverage of the atrocities committed by Muslims within Muslim lands such as the genocide against Kurds, Christians and Yazidi. Yazidi women were / are kept as sex slaves for ISIS fighters were they are raped on a daily basis. Somehow college feminist don't think this sort thing is worth protesting. Then we have the murder and persecution of LGBT people in Muslim countries. Which apparently to the LGBT community in the West isn't worth addressing because you know, the oppressors are Muslim and that just doesn't fit the narrative.

The left makes me sick.
The above paragraph is so off-the-wall that you really should rush to an ER. There has been much coverage about the above and discussions on the internet.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
The above paragraph is so off-the-wall that you really should rush to an ER. There has been much coverage about the above and discussions on the internet.
There is much discussion on the internet, but not much news coverage. The media does its best to shield us from the part where women get stoned to death for cheating and gay men get tossed off roofs. Images of drowned babies are much better at pulling our heart strings and getting us to open our doors to refugees.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:58 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
A yeehaw?

Typical elitist and totally predictable. We know your type well. You have all the answers for other people and you have no regard for personal freedom. No thanks.
You repeat this line so often I'm beginning to think you believe there's a guy in the attack that talks to you through mental telepathy and through the electrical outlets as well. In addition perhaps Big brother also records your every move through satellite video from outer space and the aliens have implanted a chip in your skull to read all your thoughts.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You repeat this line so often I'm beginning to think you believe there's a guy in the attack that talks to you through mental telepathy and through the electrical outlets as well. In addition perhaps Big brother also records your every move through satellite video from outer space and the aliens have implanted a chip in your skull to read all your thoughts.
Your internet perception skills need some good liberal reeducation. I'm the least paranoid person you will ever meet. Both feet are firmly planted on the ground.

OTH, cookie cutter elitists are the most predictable people on earth. They always know what's good for me, even better than I know what's good for me.

"It's for the starving children."

Old 01-20-2017, 09:46 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Your internet perception skills need some good liberal reeducation. I'm the least paranoid person you will ever meet. Both feet are firmly planted on the ground.

OTH, cookie cutter elitists are the most predictable people on earth. They always know what's good for me, even better than I know what's good for me.

"It's for the starving children."

Where are you meeting these folks? I live in California and haven't met a single cookie cutter elitist. Sure sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Do you have any evidence of existence these elusive "cookie cutter elitists"? If so what makes you thinks they're all in cahoots? You know some people swear they've seen big foot as well. I need to see some convincing evidence before I'm sold on this "cookie cutter elitist" theory.

How did you determine you were the least paranoid person I'd ever meet LoL. This could be construed as you being in denial of you delusions and you compensating. LOL

Old 01-20-2017, 09:49 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, they don't. If you understood something of that nature, you misunderstood.

The Ottomans aren't part of US history. WWII and slavery are. That's why schools don't teach about the Ottomans.

"The Left" (whoever that is) doesn't portray all Muslims as innocent victims. It portrays innocent Muslims in the US who are the object of hate crimes as innocent victims. It portrays innocent people in the NE who get caught in the crossfire of war, or who get hit by drones meant for someone else as innocent victims. No one is saying all Muslims are innocent, that's ridiculous. No one is saying all Whites are bigots.

Not in the US, anyway. What context are you talking about? Europe? "The West" in general?

My point is that Liberals use "Nazi" to shut down any voice they don't agree with but most do ignore that Muslims throughout history have killed equally as many as Christians did in holy wars or Native Americans. Muslims had their own "Nazi" moment just decades before Germans did. Children in Western schools are taught that Muslims are victims and that the West is evil. I would be against schools teaching that the West and America never made mistakes, too. We need a balanced view of history. I've said for a while that 99% of Muslims are good law abiding people but the 1% that are bad kill far more people than any other group. Where are all of the Hindu or Chinese terror attacks? You can admit that Muslims do have an elevated terror risk compared to other groups without branding them all as bad.

The media the past 3 or so years has started a widespread witch hunt against all things White. I'm not saying that because they report that police are sometimes brutal towards Blacks. We have issues that need to be brought to the light, I personally support body cameras. I'm talking about sensationalized articles like these...

Old 01-20-2017, 09:53 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I moved to Denmark in January of 1996. I did it for a job, to get some experience in developing countries to add to my resumé. I met a danish girl; we fell in love and got married. I signed on for another 2 years. After a while, the relaxed and less stressful work lifestyle, more free time, greater emphasis on social rather than individual well-being, the cozyness of Copenhagen led to my converting to the danish civil service. I retired at the end of 2016 at 72.
Thank you for writing a paragraph appropriate to the discussion instead of all the ramblings, attacks and counter attacks that is taking over this thread.

I feel that the first few years of settling in any country is difficult and after 2-3 years you accept the positives of the country and just put aside the negatives.

When I first landed in South Bronx, USA from England it was a cultural shock to me. English was not the language of S. Bronx. I had to flee to NJ and commute to work in NY. Initially I hated it and longed for the good old days of London and Yorkshire.

But as days turned into weeks and months I started to settle in, appreciate the good things in USA that I did not see in UK ( for me mainly weather and better pay) and the negative aspects slowly receded into the background. After nearly 30 years in this country I have all but forgotten what life was in UK. I recently went to India and had a feeling that the same thing happen to me should I decide to move in there. I think in the end the attitude you have in approaching the new place and how you adjust to it makes all the difference, whether they be Europe or USA or Asia.

One question - did you choose to work till 72 by choice? I though the age of retirement in Europe is between 58-62, especially in the public sector. Do you still keep your US citizenship and pay US taxes or have you renounced it.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Where are you meeting these folks? I live in California and haven't met a single cookie cutter elitist. Sure sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Do you have any evidence of existence these elusive "cookie cutter elitists"? If so what makes you thinks they're all in cahoots? You know some people swear they've seen big foot as well. I need to see some convincing evidence before I'm sold on this "cookie cutter elitist" theory.

How did you determine you were the least paranoid person I'd ever meet LoL. This could be construed as you being in denial of you delusions and you compensating. LOL
Considering how many people seek my advice in the real world, it's a safe bet as to where my mind is. I should have been more clear and said "internet cookie cutter elitists". Between them and the rightists who carry a copy of Atlas Shrugged wherever they go, I've got about a 95% accuracy rate in being able to anticipate what's going to come next.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:04 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Your post makes me wonder whether you really check the news or if you just go on the internet to complain about your intangible enemy, "the left".

Because frankly, kids most certainly learn about Ottoman war crimes in school, newspapers reported the incidents in Cologne already on the 1st of January, there was an outcry of all media outlets after CH and Syria (incl attacks on Kurds, Christians and Yazidis) has been in the news ever since the outbreak of the war.

Frankly, you are tilting at windmills. You get told by alternative media that the bad, bad left tries to hide things from the public, but that really isn't the case.
You are wrong. There was a delay in the reporting of the incident and it caused a stir in Germany. So much so that several German politicians commented on it and a few news sources in Germany issued a public apology in the weeks proceeding. The news sources that did report about incident initially left out of the identity of the attackers. The only reason we know about this particular story is because the social media in Germany went crazy and forced many new sources to acknowledge what had actually happened.

Then you have the leftist supported Mayor of Cologne come out and say that German woman should stay at "arms length". Putting the responsibility for the attacks on Germany women, instead of addressing the barbaric behavior of the Muslim men involved. Would she has said this if it were German men who were doing the assaulting? I highly doubt it

The plight of the Kurds, Christians and Yazidis has been mentioned in the press but there has hardly been outcry from the establishment left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe