Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 02:50 AM

1,327 posts, read 2,606,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
truck attacks in france, and bombings in London.
What does the truck attack on Nice has to do with refugee ?
The terrorist was not a refugee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 04:36 AM

225 posts, read 150,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwdavid View Post
From 2016 to 2017 crime numbers have declined. Exception rape etc but they changed the definition.

In English: https://www.bka.de/EN/CurrentInforma....html?nn=39580

In German: Interactive maps for all states:https://www.bka.de/DE/AktuelleInform...2017_node.html
I call bogus on these stats. I just don't believe this reflects the state of law and order in the country.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:04 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odenwald View Post
I call bogus on these stats. I just don't believe this reflects the state of law and order in the country.

There is an increase in murder, general violent crime and sexual assaults while we have a decrease in other offenses, so the numbers altogether may have dropped but at the same time Germany became less safe, I mean a decrease in car thefts does not outweigh an increase in murder, does it? The police is also too busy to record petty crime in various places.

Last edited by svenM; 06-23-2018 at 05:12 AM..

Old 06-27-2018, 04:11 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,291,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
What does the truck attack on Nice has to do with refugee ?
The terrorist was not a refugee.

like almost every terrorist attack in France actually...

Old 06-28-2018, 03:48 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post

I reckon its just that the good ole US propaganda machine has (for the time being at least) moved on to something new, the fact that London has suffered from bombs ever since 1939 seems lost on most, bombing in London was at its height in the 1970's (excluding WWII of course) when the US funded IRA were happy to try and bomb Londoners. I couldn't say about Germany or France but I feel pretty sure that 'mass rape in Germany' and 'truck attacks in France' are rarer than 'school shootings' in the US.
Considering the size of the U.S. compared to Germany or France, I don't this this comparison works.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:44 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Considering the size of the U.S. compared to Germany or France, I don't this this comparison works.
Even taking the difference in population I am sure its still true!

Old 06-29-2018, 08:34 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Quote:
Even taking the difference in population I am sure its still true!
No its not .

Old 06-29-2018, 08:36 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
No its not .
It is, lets see how many people in Europe have been killed by terrorists driving a truck then look at the amount of people killed in the US by guns and compare (bearing in mind the population of Europe is bigger than that of the US we may have to adjust accordingly).

Old 06-29-2018, 10:51 AM

766 posts, read 1,254,386 times
Quote:
It is, lets see how many people in Europe have been killed by terrorists driving a truck then look at the amount of people killed in the US by guns and compare (bearing in mind the population of Europe is bigger than that of the US we may have to adjust accordingly).
At least our migrants are not committing mass sexual assaults. Seriously, thousands of women assaulted in one night. How do y'all tolerate that?

Old 06-30-2018, 02:16 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,993 times
Quote:

The US and various other American countries, e.g. Mexico have a violence problem without doubt, however this is no reason or excuse why Europe should become more violent too due to unwanted mass immigration of illiterates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
At least our migrants are not committing mass sexual assaults. Seriously, thousands of women assaulted in one night. How do y'all tolerate that?

In this dimension it was a single event and "we" did not tolerate it, public opinion turned around after it, the political right skyrocketed from virtually zero to 10-20% depending on the state, it concussed the political landscape in Germany maybe for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe