Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2021, 10:37 PM

1,348 posts, read 630,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The "threat" was a false bomb threat invented by Belarus. Yeah I'm so dense as to think that is not legitimate. All of Europe and the USA also are run by dense people and we aren't smart enough to see how this is totally normal behavior to hijack foreign aircraft traveling between two European countries with false bomb threats and Mig's and to blame Hamas. Lavrov is right, that is the exact same thing as Ukraine making a departing aircraft from Ukraine turn around to question a person about a crime. A blogger is certainly a national security threat and must be silenced for filming police beating people up or showing that people want to choose their president. That anti Russian idea deserves the death sentence for anyone thinking that. Imagine the chaos if the people think they have any right to fire their leaders! I need Russian slave indoctrination to see things this way, but I don't live in a Russian slave state so they can't make me unless I'm in a plane that flies over Russia or its controlled satellites. There, you got me.
It is clear that deal is sewn with white threads. But Lukashenko just took and used the methods that the West uses. And now the West is in hysterics because of this. After all, they always believed that only gentlemen can change the rules,.. and then these same gentlemen were slapped on the nose with their own methods. Double standards are back in the face. If some plane flying from some Singapore to some London was landed in some Netherlands to remove from the board and arrest some "Russian hacker" at the request of the United States, I am sure that "the whole civilized world" would clap one's hands and jump with happiness, approving of the "triumph of democracy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 12:30 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,472,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
It is clear that deal is sewn with white threads. But Lukashenko just took and used the methods that the West uses. And now the West is in hysterics because of this. After all, they always believed that only gentlemen can change the rules,.. and then these same gentlemen were slapped on the nose with their own methods. Double standards are back in the face. If some plane flying from some Singapore to some London was landed in some Netherlands to remove from the board and arrest some "Russian hacker" at the request of the United States, I am sure that "the whole civilized world" would clap one's hands and jump with happiness, approving of the "triumph of democracy".
Bring Julian Assange into the picture. He has been deprived of his freedom for years and there is no reason for it. It makes for really obedient media in the end.

Freedom my ass. The hypocrisy of the west is nakedly obvious.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:45 AM

7 people convicted.

https://tass.com/world/1293677

I don't see why Belarussians should pay for their upkeep. Send them to the west. They can enjoy their victim status.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:54 AM

76 posts, read 76,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The "threat" was a false bomb threat invented by Belarus.

A blogger is certainly a national security threat
Is there any EVIDENCE that the threat was invented by Belarus? Real evidence that we can verify!

"bloggers" that are employed by CIA outlets(RFERL/euroradio.fm - financed by usaid - another cia front) and meet with representatives of enemy countries(he posted pic with him in washington in the state department building) that want to depose the leadership of Belarus, are extremely likely a BIG security threat!

Old 05-25-2021, 10:44 AM

26,832 posts, read 22,637,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdan View Post
Is there any EVIDENCE that the threat was invented by Belarus? Real evidence that we can verify!

"bloggers" that are employed by CIA outlets(RFERL/euroradio.fm - financed by usaid - another cia front) and meet with representatives of enemy countries(he posted pic with him in washington in the state department building) that want to depose the leadership of Belarus, are extremely likely a BIG security threat!

Why would Hamas be targeting Ryanair out of all flights?

This doesn't make much sense, so Moscow was very cautious yesterday, appraising Belorussian event.

"It might be "Belorussian operation" and it might be not" they said.

If it is, then the bottom line is not whether Lukashenko was right or wrong, but the fact that there were quite a few precedents set by different countries ( mostly the West plus both Iran and Turkey,) and yet there was no outcry whatsoever against the illegality of it.

It's when someone like Lukashenko decided to employ these tactics, the West is full of * righteous indignation.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfCThft7mnU&t=3040s

D. Abzalov there ( the political observer) made it clear that he doesn't believe in any "Hamas," but this desire of the West to isolate Belorussia and to avoid the flights over it will significantly raise the air ticket price for EU first of all.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:48 PM

This is a clear demonstration of butthurt backed by fear of consequences.

This incident is above all a consequence of western actions which have been going on for years.

https://youtu.be/qgcZWJKgAQQ

Now westerners are going to have to watch where they go and live in fear of traveling to the wrong place over the wrong countries.

Karma is a *****.

Old 05-25-2021, 01:15 PM

6,834 posts, read 4,289,859 times
Most Westerners would never go near Belarus to begin with. A flight from Athens to Vilnius is unlikely to have many Westerners on board.

But that's beside the point - the point really concerns Lithuania more so than any Western country as this is just part of the larger conflict between Russia and the EU/NATO about the different spheres of influence in the former Soviet Union.

The actions taken by Lukashenko are a warning that Belarus will not be allowed to become another Ukraine i.e. a pro-Western and potentially anti-Russian country on the doorstep of Moscow. Not only is it a warning aimed at internal opponents of Lukashenko, but a warning which showcases the vulnerability of the Baltic countries which are essentially surrounded by Russia.

There is a small but not completely unrealistic possibility that the Baltic countries could play the role the Balkans played in the early 20th century. Europe and America cannot afford to lose 'face' in terms of any Russian transgression vs Lithuania/Latvia/Estonia the same way Russia feels it needs to maintain a pro-Russian regime in Minsk.

Old 05-25-2021, 01:54 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,637,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Most Westerners would never go near Belarus to begin with. A flight from Athens to Vilnius is unlikely to have many Westerners on board.

But that's beside the point - the point really concerns Lithuania more so than any Western country as this is just part of the larger conflict between Russia and the EU/NATO about the different spheres of influence in the former Soviet Union.

The actions taken by Lukashenko are a warning that Belarus will not be allowed to become another Ukraine i.e. a pro-Western and potentially anti-Russian country on the doorstep of Moscow. Not only is it a warning aimed at internal opponents of Lukashenko, but a warning which showcases the vulnerability of the Baltic countries which are essentially surrounded by Russia.

There is a small but not completely unrealistic possibility that the Baltic countries could play the role the Balkans played in the early 20th century. Europe and America cannot afford to lose 'face' in terms of any Russian transgression vs Lithuania/Latvia/Estonia the same way Russia feels it needs to maintain a pro-Russian regime in Minsk.

While I agree with the rest, here comes the question;
What "transgression" ( in military sense of it) Russia would plan against Lithuania/Latvia/Estonia exactly and why?
What's there for Russia from military/strategic point of view?
What it seems to me, is that these three love to drum the drums of war against Russia, because their initial hopes never came true after joining EU.

That is; they remained pretty poor, with not much financial support from EU ( unlike Poland,) yet they lost ( and keep on losing) economic boost from Russia.

Not only that, whatever Russia does from economic point of view ( read NS2) only squeezes them financially more and more.

So the only thing they have to sell to Western Europe ( pretty much like Ukraine at this point,) is their hatred for Russia and "we are important coz we protect you from Russia" - that kind of thing.
So force Russia to do what's beneficial for us from economic point of view, twist her arm, and all will be good.

That's about it.

Old 05-25-2021, 02:20 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,259,731 times
Well, well, well, who is Mr. Protasevich? Just a blogger?

https://i.ibb.co/wNfjsbC/photo-2021-05-25-21-13-45.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/FqjWNWr/photo-2021-05-25-20-14-48.jpg

It is cover of Ukrainian media "The Black Sun" 2015 year and our hero in the form of Ukrainian Nazi The Special Operations Detachment "Azov" with a submachine gun at the ready.

The West again chose strange heroes for itself.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
While I agree with the rest, here comes the question;
What "transgression" ( in military sense of it) Russia would plan against Lithuania/Latvia/Estonia exactly and why?
What's there for Russia from military/strategic point of view?
What it seems to me, is that these three love to drum the drums of war against Russia, because their initial hopes never came true after joining EU.
For Russia it is a matter of security. One of the things that saved Russia from both Napoleon and Hitler was distance.

Modern war machines are far more effective across the spectrum than they were even in WWII. To keep it quick aircraft travel much further, much faster. This leaves Russian industry and infrastructure vulnerable to destruction. You can't defend yourself without industry or infrastructure.

F-15 Strike Eagles in these countries are minutes away from St Pete. Kharkov is minutes away from the heart of Russian industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe