Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2011, 08:14 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,266,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
just noticed this post. you obviously dont know what good food esp not a good burger is and i feel sorry for people like you. you prob eat veggie burgers lol
Just because you have different food preferences, doesn't mean someone elses is invalid. Certainly most posters on this forum have a better track record of eating healthier than you do.
I have had home made turkey burgers that have been delicious and not dry at all. I also have had excellent burgers made with leaner ground beef, the variety with 10% fat.
I like a wide variety of foods and I like vegetarian food as well. It has to be "real"vegetarian with good protein sources, especially beans since I like most beans.
I think we criticize you because of all the advice we provide and your inconsistent acceptance of it. I translate it into resistance, excuse making, stubbornness, fear, depression and laziness/lack of motivation. I have seen this in others as well. I acted this way when I was 35# heavier. Some other posters started out overweight and even obese and put the work and determination into changing. I doubt anyone would disagree that an attitude of I will combined with a strength of conviction to makes changes and have the self discipline to see it through is the first and most necessary step. Your statements make it apparent that you have not achieved this. No one can do this for you and it is difficult to advise someone how to do this. YOU have to want to do this and be determined to make it happen. And yes it will require a different attitude towards obesity and being obese. Yes it will require a different attitude towards food. Yes it will require a different attitude towards vigorous exercise. All the "stinkin thinkin" you been doing has got to stop!!
Otherwise no amount of advice, no amount of half-hearted effort is going to work for you and alas, there is no magic solution.

If I didn't want to see you change your way of thinkin' and succeed, I wouldn't bother with these posts.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:18 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
just noticed this post. you obviously dont know what good food esp not a good burger is and i feel sorry for people like you. you prob eat veggie burgers lol
And with this post ladies and gentlemen, TJ just completely outed herself as a troll (even though we all figured that out anyway). This is absolutely NOT a post someone would write who says they need to lose weight. And with this, Im out!!

Old 12-02-2011, 10:00 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
thats a good point TJ. these people have clearly never tried the baconator from wendy's or a nice bacon cheeseburger with doughnuts as the bun. if they did, they would be more understanding of your dilemma.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:06 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,740,033 times
yes i am determnied to change but its is very difficult. dont think for a 2nd that i am not attempting to eat healthier and exercise more but i think some people on this forum dont understand how intense my relationship with food was and still is and probably will never understand.

i would eat when i am bored, sad, or in front of the computer or tv. i would treat and reward myself with food when i accomplished something i think when it gets to the point that i would pick my favorite meal over sex or going to a party then i can say that i have an addiction to food. some people here laugh at my issues but i am going to talk to my dr about counseling because i feel that i am in desperate need of it

Old 12-02-2011, 10:15 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,740,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
thats a good point TJ. these people have clearly never tried the baconator from wendy's or a nice bacon cheeseburger with doughnuts as the bun. if they did, they would be more understanding of your dilemma.
fast food burgers are not as good as burgers you get from fancy restaurants like chilis CC factory outback etc. veggie burgers are not really burgers imo just beans in between hamburger buns and there not all that good..

Old 12-02-2011, 10:17 AM

410 posts, read 743,079 times
Quote:
yes i am determnied to change but its is very difficult. dont think for a 2nd that i am not attempting to eat healthier and exercise more but i think some people on this forum dont understand how intense my relationship with food was and still is and probably will never understand.

i would eat when i am bored, sad, or in front of the computer or tv. i would treat and reward myself with food when i accomplished something i think when it gets to the point that i would pick my favorite meal over sex or going to a party then i can say that i have an addiction to food. some people here laugh at my issues but i am going to talk to my dr about counseling because i feel that i am in desperate need of it
I think some kind of counseling would be a good step. For someone like you, diet and exercise are not the only components to changing your habits to lose weight. You also have to retrain your brain to think about food in a different way.

I say keep up with the work you are doing; try to set goals and think of your goals instead of thinking about food. You could even trying putting something on the wall or on the refrigerator to remind you of your goals so that you don't go offtrack when you get a sudden craving. Limit the amount of "indulgent" foods that you keep in your house. You can't eat it if it isn't there. Keep track of your progress so that you have something positive to keep you going. A little bit of progress is still progress. Eventually it won't be so hard, and it will be worth it in the end.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:20 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
fast food burgers are not as good as burgers you get from fancy restaurants like chilis CC factory outback etc.
you are something special TJ. my wife's birthday is coming up soon, you think i should take her to a fancy place like Chili's or Outback to celebrate? i cant wait to see her face light up when i take her there and she gets a fancy cheeseburger.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:24 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,266,813 times
Quote:

That is a difficult, yet important realization! Please follow through in doing this ASAP. It may also involve family counseling. When my DD had anorexia, there was a lot of denial, justifications and excuses on her part for the behavior. The most difficult, yet important step was for her to stop denying her behavior was harmful or that she didn't have a problem. Once she did the ability to follow the advice of the counselor and make changes occurred.
I hope your parents support you with this. If they don't make sure you go do it anyway. I didn't realize that issues my daughter had with my parenting style and my tendency to talk about my weight added to it. The desire to fit in and be with the "popular" crowd also contributed.

Kudos for your honesty and good luck moving forward. I know some of my criticism was an approach of "I hope a kick in the rear will get her to make the personal changes necessary."

Old 12-02-2011, 10:25 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
I think we criticize you because of all the advice we provide and your inconsistent acceptance of it.
ridicule of it.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:27 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:

I recommended a book called Savor once before for this type of problem. I will do so again. If you respond at all it will be to tell me you can't or won't read a book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness