Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 970 times

Advertisements

I am 16 and male 6 foot 3 and weigh 11 stone. I haves skinny build but a fatty belly and chest, you can see my ribs a wee bit but I'm am unsure how to build muscle on my chest and core, diet plans and workout plans would be helpful, i don't want to get big just toned and muscular. Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 05:27 PM

843 posts, read 2,218,535 times
First there's not such thing as 'toned'. You cannot do workouts to 'slim' particular body parts either.

The best advice I could give is find something you enjoy doing. You'll be more likely to stick with it. For me it was free weights, I just found that to be enjoyable. Finding what you like is the hard part (although I found it to be fun), you'll need to try everything.

I'd recommend starting with bodyweight workouts, you can find tons of good information online.. costs pretty much nothing to get started.

If you're interested in any sports, that'd be a good means as well. Or any other energetic activity, when I was your age I was square dancing, you can get a brutal workout doing that...seriously...

Old 10-11-2013, 09:11 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,688,653 times
startingstrength.com
start reading the forums. I followed their routine for the first 6 months of my lifting career and went from 130lbs to 160lbs.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:18 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,613,391 times
Bodybuilding.com - Personalized Muscle Building & Fat Loss Guides

Old 10-12-2013, 07:35 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,991,765 times
Start out by eating more food, especially protein.

Aim for around 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day.

Since you are 11 stone, that is 154lbs, so you want to eat around 154 grams of protein per day.

You can get protein from many sources including meat, poultry, fish, eggs, milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, peanut butter, soy (tofu), etc.

You can also get protein powder, which is typically made of whey.

Lots of good nutrition advice can be found here:

Nutrition For Newbies & Must Read Threads - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Do home bodyweight exercises like push ups, pull ups and sit ups.

You can purchase a relatively cheap pull up bar that hangs inside a doorway.

Next, get a set of weights and a bench, or join a gym and use their weights.

Craigslist is a good place to look for a cheap set of used weights and a used bench.

You will need to lift weights to put on muscle.

Situps will help you tone your mid section (abs).

Be patient and do your exercises every day.

Muscle doesn't happen overnight. It can take weeks and months before you see noticeable growth.

I recommend reading some of these Teen Transformations on bodybuilding.com:

Bodybuilding.com - Teen Transformation Articles!

They tell you both their diet and exercise routines which helped them transform their bodies.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:08 AM

10 posts, read 19,952 times
This is absolutely correct. Thanks for the encouragement! We all need that. And your plan sounds good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness