Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 09:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
You're going to die anyway at some point anyway. Why stress over it? I'm about to hit up my local BK for some cancer-causing foods
Yup, I'd rather eat super tasty food. BK isn't it. But give me a burger with better quality meat, and I am much happier. I'd rather skip the uber-industrial foods, but don't mistake that for not wanting to eat tasty stuff. I think chana masala or a dosa is a lot tastier than facon or tofurky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 09:27 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yup, I'd rather eat super tasty food. BK isn't it. But give me a burger with better quality meat, and I am much happier. I'd rather skip the uber-industrial foods, but don't mistake that for not wanting to eat tasty stuff. I think chana masala or a dosa is a lot tastier than facon or tofurky.
Go to a fast food and get fat then moan that they can't get any girl/guy on CD. That's the way it works, right?

Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,983 times
There was a time when I was the fitness queen, in fantastic shape-- 3x a week weights, jumping rope with a weighted rope, running 4 miles 3x a week, spinning 3x a week ... then I decided to go back to college ft nights, work ft days, and put on the freshman 25 ...

I miss it ... I need to get back into it ... I've been thinking of joining, CKO Kicking Boxing.

Oh, and I LOVE fit men ... I LOVE fit people who have a strong appreciation for the body, and taking care of it - it's the only one you'll ever have.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:45 PM

559 posts, read 1,395,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
You're going to die anyway at some point anyway. Why stress over it? I'm about to hit up my local BK for some cancer-causing foods
I like their chicken parmesan sandwich. I was surprised to see that on their menu last time I was there. Their apple pie is good too.

To answer the OP's question, I work out 3-6 days a week, it's ok with me if a guy isn't extremely fit, and I would prefer a guy who exercises and often eats healthy.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:39 AM

219 posts, read 506,791 times
Quote:
I'd eat BK if it didnt make me feel like crap 45 minutes later.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:07 AM

254 posts, read 316,283 times
Quote:
Fake meat products rely way too much on uber-processed soy, much of which is GMO. I try to stick to the whole "don't buy thing with ingredients you can't pronounce" motto. This eliminates 90% of the faux meat products.
Obviously I was talking about the healthy stuff. And 95% of meat products contain antibiotics, and growth hormones.

Besides, the negative health effects of the GMO soy are at least debatable; the dangers of the cholesterol, saturated fat, and carcinogen substances produced when cooking meat, even if it's local white meat, are not.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSamme View Post
Obviously I was talking about the healthy stuff. And 95% of meat products contain antibiotics, and growth hormones.

Besides, the negative health effects of the GMO soy are at least debatable; the dangers of the cholesterol, saturated fat, and carcinogen substances produced when cooking meat, even if it's local white meat, are not.
Sure. But i don't buy that "conventional" meat either. And the so called carcinogens? That's when you char the meat. Very easy to not do. Either don't char or marinate first. The health risks of meat are way overblown. Just like with everything, there are things you should have daily and other things that should be an occasional treat. Certain cuts o meat are in the occasional category and others are in the daily use category. And everyone, meat eaters or not should rely on eating a lot of produce.

I'd rather stick to minimally processed food vegan or not.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:09 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I work out 5 days a week so I'd like my future bf to be in shape as well. Always helps to have someone on the same page as you

Old 11-23-2012, 02:09 PM

254 posts, read 316,283 times
Quote:
And the so called carcinogens? That's when you char the meat. Very easy to not do. Either don't char or marinate first.
It's not just the charring. Cooking meat at high temperatures, regardless of whether it's charred or not, produce carcinogenic substances.
Quote:
The health risks of meat are way overblown.
Not really. If anything, most people overestimate how much meat you should eat. A little piece of white meat or fish every other day might be considered healthy. Anything more than that is not really good.

Quote:
Just like with everything, there are things you should have daily and other things that should be an occasional treat. Certain cuts o meat are in the occasional category and others are in the daily use category.
I'll never understand this logic. If something contains harmful substances, it should be avoided, even if those substances are not very harmful in the short-term, if consumed in small quantities. Treats are just addictive teases that makes you savor everything else less, and you're more likely to use them as drugs when you're feeling down. Food is fuel, every other aspect is of marginal importance.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSamme View Post
It's not just the charring. Cooking meat at high temperatures, regardless of whether it's charred or not, produce carcinogenic substances.

Not really. If anything, most people overestimate how much meat you should eat. A little piece of white meat or fish every other day might be considered healthy. Anything more than that is not really good.

I'll never understand this logic. If something contains harmful substances, it should be avoided, even if those substances are not very harmful in the short-term, if consumed in small quantities. Treats are just addictive teases that makes you savor everything else less, and you're more likely to use them as drugs when you're feeling down. Food is fuel, every other aspect is of marginal importance.
I never understand this logic about the "carcinogens."

The evidence shows that marinating kills 80% of the ones
produced. And you don't have to cook meat at high temps. There are a zillion other preparations.

We all have different ratios of ideal meat consumption. Some people respond well with more. Others less. But there is no need to avoid meat if you like it. Choose your cuts and preparations wisely. And don't forget to eat your veggies.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness