Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 02:07 AM

6 posts, read 43,624 times

Advertisements

Hihi..I am just wondering...I am currently practicing yoga 3 times a week and pilates once a week for 1 hour each session. Anyone knows whether this will help me loose weight and shape up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 02:32 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,066,007 times
According to magazines this is what Madonna does, and look at her!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:23 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
I used to do vinyasa yoga a lot, but now only about one day per week. frequent practice of yoga (the same as with tai chi) will absolutely help you lose weight if you are overweight (and help you gain if you are underweight). The key is frequent continuous practice just like you're doing. You'll lose weight because your muscles will become stronger which will in turn, burn more calories even while at rest but you absolutely MUST watch your diet if you want to really see results. You can do pilates and yoga every day but if you dont set and maintain healthy eating habits you'll never lose weight.

What is your approximate calorie intake per day? Or, what is your diet like?

Old 12-20-2007, 10:34 PM

6 posts, read 43,624 times
Default Yoga and Pilates

Hi..Well I don't really count my calories intake..My diet will probably consists of oatmeal or bread for breakfast..rice or fried noodles for lunch and rice with fish or meat with vegetables for dinner..is my diet healthy? But I am not seeing results as yet although I watch my diet pretty closely. Does yoga and pilates take longer time to work?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:51 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,202,555 times
Cheddy have you heard of bad carbs like bread,white rice and fried noodles? Get rid of them and you will see results..substitute the white rice for brown, an ocassional slice of whole grain bread is ok. NOTHING FRIED!!!!!If you have no idea about calories or how to diet I suggest you buy the South Beach Diet and follow it. It is low carb and low fat which is the healthiest way to go. Forget the Chinese food with the brown sauces,etc. Loads of sugar and salt..BAD. Calories is important....you need to burn more calories than you take in. If you take in more calories than you burn up in a day, you will gain weight. Period. If you follow a healthy diet , which you have not been doing, and do your exercises at least four or five times a week along with drinking at least 32oz. of water a day, you will see results. Stay away from white foods like pasta,rice and bread and limit your potatoes,carrots,and corn. Maybe seeing a dietician would be a good start too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness