Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:11 AM

836 posts, read 1,032,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
My gym is $20/month, and I believe ATC Fitness is $15/month. I've never seen one near $200/month, and we have a Globo Gym type place here with water slides, spas, etc.
Equinox is $160 monthly rate (for single club pass) and $205 monthly rate for all access fitness membership (multiple clubs pass).

That's great that your gym is $20/month, however, that's 50% over what I am currently paying at PF. Considering I only use/need the basic work out equipment, I am not willing to pay 50% more for something I already have. But I get what you are saying- there are other cost-effective gyms out there. $10/month, however, is the lowest I have yet to find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 11:39 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
for crying out loud, it is once a month that they offer free pizza. if they have that much of an issue with "willpower", then they can just not go to the gym during that one night of the month that they offer the free pizza for a couple of hours. it's not that hard to do.

it's not like they're offering an all-you-can-eat buffet 5 days a week.
Exactly. This isn't a daily thing and chances are if you're a PF member that you won't be there when they're giving out free pizza anyway. Of course, some of the members probably make plans to attend on "free pizza" day and might not go to PF very often otherwise. A few might even just be paying $10 monthly for the pizza buffet. That's their prerogative since it's their money and membership. Gyms can offer whatever they want. It's up to the member to decide what they want out of their workout experience.

Offering pizza once a month is consistent with PF's marketing strategy of being the anti-gym. I think it also sends the message that it's okay to treat yourself once in a while for working out so hard. I agree that if free pizza was offered everyday that it shouldn't be taken seriously as a place to workout. However, it seems like you can get just as good of a workout there than you can anywhere else for a fraction of the price.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:16 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,869,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
My gym is $20/month, and I believe ATC Fitness is $15/month. I've never seen one near $200/month, and we have a Globo Gym type place here with water slides, spas, etc.
I didn't quote the $200 per month price, but I did live in a suburb once where the only fitness centers within reasonable driving distance were connected to a hospital (mostly for sick patients whose insurance paid for it), a country club, a pool/tennis club, and a personal trainer with a small gym in professional services office park type place. All of these options were more than $200 per month.

There was a full service gym for about $100 per month (cheaper if you signed a contract) with a lap lanes and a whirlpool about 30 minutes away and a Curves, and I think they now have a 24 Hour Fitness there. My town just didn't have the density for a cheapie gym.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:56 PM

836 posts, read 1,032,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
Equinox is $160 monthly rate (for single club pass) and $205 monthly rate for all access fitness membership (multiple clubs pass).

That's great that your gym is $20/month, however, that's 50% over what I am currently paying at PF. Considering I only use/need the basic work out equipment, I am not willing to pay 50% more for something I already have. But I get what you are saying- there are other cost-effective gyms out there. $10/month, however, is the lowest I have yet to find.
Just re-read my post and whoa you can tell it's Monday! lol $20/month would be a 100% increase not 50% increase lol

Old 06-11-2014, 05:32 PM

245 posts, read 317,940 times
I heard the DBs at PF don't even go over 60. How can you get a workout in anyway? They peddle mediocrity and mock you if you're fit. How very non-judgmental.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:21 AM

10 posts, read 27,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Green Apple View Post
Planet Fitness gives customers all-you-can-eat free pizza the first Monday of every month. It's genius. They keep their customers fat so they will go to the gym forever. *Cue evil laugh*

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_vqFq7J9vs[/url]
That is hilarious! While I do use PF, I have never partook in any of their "treats". I even stay out of the drink machine they have up. I am there on a mission and that isn't to waste money. I am happy with the gym but they cant and wont nickle and dime me in any way.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:55 PM

245 posts, read 317,940 times
Attached Thumbnails
Gym has all-you-can-eat pizza to keep customers fat-pf.jpg  

Old 06-14-2014, 12:31 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
I have never been to Planet Fitness. I have been to many other different gyms and I don't see how PF is much different if they have all the major equipment. It is not like other gyms are only filled with athletes and body builders.
Eating pizza once in an awhile did not make a person overweight. It is what a person consumes day after day.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:21 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
I wont eat any pizza for a while. Still have not hit 6'0" and 165 lb. This is what I want to look like next year:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h.../newfront2.jpg

I pay $50 for 3 months and keep lifting weights till I start gasping for breath.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:05 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
No super setting? What a croc. I super set close to 80% of my workout. I'd be kicked out before I could even enjoy a slice of free pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness