Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 04:27 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
LOL I belong to a bodybuilding website, and the #1 reason I'VE SEEN males post as to why they work out is to look more attractive to females, so it's the same thing, no?

Pooching out rear is the same as pooching out chest or walking around with air lats
Numerous selfies with hardly any clothing on is the same as posing shirtless with shorts/boxers
Attention - mucho attention whores out there, both men and women, most humans like to be admired

oh, and michaeljacksoneatingpopcorn.gif
This guy must be in the MISC.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:28 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I am a woman who lifts weights because I love the way it feels to lift weights. I love the burn. I love moving the metal. I like the way it makes my muscles strain and are sore and the way they get defined and big.

I love the way that everyday activities become easier because I have more strength. I like the way it augments the other sports I play.

I think that the OPs posts are likely coming from a place of insecurity. Why would you not want to be with someone who took care of themselves?

Old 01-29-2015, 04:39 PM

743 posts, read 832,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Not to mention insecure and a desperate cry for attention. You know, the same thing he seems to be deriding? Well played, OP. You said you're young. I'm guessing high school. That's consistent with the level of maturity displayed.
Or graduated college already. See what happens when you assume? If I wanted attention, I'd probably go to a forum where my picture could be displayed at the very least. I positively don't want attention from you. Bye bye now

Old 01-29-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
lol so am I

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I am a woman who lifts weights because I love the way it feels to lift weights. I love the burn. I love moving the metal. I like the way it makes my muscles strain and are sore and the way they get defined and big.

I love the way that everyday activities become easier because I have more strength. I like the way it augments the other sports I play.

I think that the OPs posts are likely coming from a place of insecurity. Why would you not want to be with someone who took care of themselves?
I'm speaking about others insecurity that is at such a high level that they jump on the fitness craze just to boast to people and post on social media excessively to feel positive about themselves. It wreaks of low self esteem and a terrible need for validation, and it ultimately doesn't satisfy either or else at some point they wouldn't feel the need to do it anymore.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:42 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
Or graduated college already. See what happens when you assume? If I wanted attention, I'd probably go to a forum where my picture could be displayed at the very least. I positively don't want attention from you. Bye bye now
I'm not assuming. I'm basing my best guess off of the level of maturity an intellect displayed through your posts. I don't know you so I can only go off what you write. It's not consistent with a college grad. It's very...JV locker room.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I'm not assuming. I'm basing my best guess off of the level of maturity an intellect displayed through your posts. I don't know you so I can only go off what you write. It's not consistent with a college grad. It's very...JV locker room.
Your best guess is pretty far off from the truth. I hope you stay away from the psychology field.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
Your best guess is pretty far off from the truth. I hope you stay away from the psychology field.
It may be, but it is a reasonable guess based on what you've displayed. Not that I believe the fallacy that educated = intelligent, but college grads do tend to at least try to keep appearances. Perhaps you'd be kind enough to divulge where you got your degree? Some of us here have kids and it's never too early to start eliminating college options. If I'm going to be paying big bucks for it I'd at least like to know they're churning out a quality product.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:54 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,057,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
God, I remember bodybuilding.com

That MISC section was so annoying. It was funny up until I was 20.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:57 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,057,343 times
Quote:
It may be, but it is a reasonable guess based on what you've displayed. Not that I believe the fallacy that educated = intelligent, but college grads do tend to at least try to keep appearances. Perhaps you'd be kind enough to divulge where you got your degree? Some of us here have kids and it's never too early to start eliminating college options. If I'm going to be paying big bucks for it I'd at least like to know they're churning out a quality product.
OK, I think the attacks come from a place of taking what he said very personally.

I get what JobSeeker is saying. I don't agree with it, but it's his personal preference. I don't see why people have to go to the absolute and say "well I like girls who lift so therefore there is something WRONG with you/you must be uneducated/must be too young if you don't"

I really don't see how education or age bracket comes into play here. Help me out.

This is coming from a guy who likes girls that lift.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
OK, I think the attacks come from a place of taking what he said very personally.

I get what JobSeeker is saying. I don't agree with it, but it's his personal preference. I don't see why people have to go to the absolute and say "well I like girls who lift so therefore there is something WRONG with you/you must be uneducated/must be too young if you don't"

I really don't see how education or age bracket comes into play here. Help me out.

This is coming from a guy who likes girls that lift.
It's not an attack, it's an observation based on the content of his posts. It reeks of attention *****-dom to come onto a fitness forum and say you won't date women who lift. If you won't do it, does it need to be stated? And given his reasons for not doing so, the attention he brings on himself by stating he won't do it makes for an ironic quality to his thread. When people called him out for it he grew mildly combative, not the way one would expect an educated man to react.

Furthermore, the descriptions he gave in his initial post are not born in critical thought so much as emotional reaction to something he dislikes.

It's not an attack to say it's void of maturity or intellect. It's a conclusion based on observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness