Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 12:01 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I've been on C-D for awhile but rarely ever come over to E&F. I have seen the debate over women's bodies in non-athletic forums. I didn't think it would be so one sided in a fitness oriented forum. Some of you guys (and gals) are pretty unbelievable. You could look at a woman like Denise Masino and say that "ugh, she looks like a man!". Really? I mean... I get that she might not be your cup of tea, phyique wise... but... a man? I am an older guy, so my examples are going to be dated but I am sure if you Google Dorian Yates or Ronnie Coleman you will see some male physiques that are outrageous and most women would be turned off by any man with that amount of muscle. What about male strippers. Way less muscle but more so than the couch potato that they are dating. Mmmm hot. Plenty of men say they would prefer Cory Everson to Lenda Murray. Truth is, they would want neither. They want women that work out but don't look like they do. Women that look just like the totally sedentary women that they are dating. The reason they go for the fitness women is because they are wearing yoga pants and jogging bra's. If their girlfriends would wear yoga pants they'd be fine with that. But... back to the heart of this debate... even the most outrageous example of female muscle... say a Collette Guimond.... they are still women!! They might be freakily massive and muscular and whatever else... how does that make them men? They are women with crazy, freaky amounts of muscle but calling them men only seems idiotic because they are clearly not. Does this argument come up all the time? It's the first I'm seeing it. I am only going to argue this this one time. Just had to get it off my chest. True story. I got one of the first subscriptions to Muscle Elegance magazine back in the 90's. I brought a couple of issues in to work and the guys were all ..."gross, yuck, awful, men in thongs, yuck, get that **** out of here!". Later on when one of my issues went missing, where did you think I found it. In the desk of one of the guys who made the most noise about how awful these women looked.

H
Sadly out all the fitness forum I'm on this one has a lot disinformation and other issues as well as you can see..It's pretty much your damned if you do or don't ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 12:41 PM

First off women workout for themselves not men! So what a man think or his opinions of what we women ought to be are at the bottom of the list or not even on it... Just saying...

Old 02-23-2015, 01:37 PM

419 posts, read 1,238,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
What is the telltale sign? That her legs are not up to the development of her upper body??? If that's a sure sign of steroid use then..... . I don't think they force urine and blood tests because determining 'roid use is evident on a visual observation.

If you don't know anything about it, which you clearly don't, maybe it's better to keep your mouth shut before you appear foolish.

You can easily look up the info yourself. Have you seen any other women who were able to build the type of strength and mass this girl has built without using steroids?

This is a telltale sign:

"While a steroid users lower body may remain proportionate, the upper body will appear inflated. Users tend to super size the muscles in their shoulders and upper back."

Old 02-23-2015, 01:43 PM

743 posts, read 832,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
First off women workout for themselves not men! So what a man think or his opinions of what we women ought to be are at the bottom of the list or not even on it... Just saying...
First of all you can't speak for an entire gender's reason for going to the gym. Many do it for attention. Many do it to be strong. Many do it to cure boredom etc.

Second of all people do care about what the opposite sex thinks if that is who they are sexually attracted to. You seem in denial.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:45 PM

743 posts, read 832,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
"While a steroid users lower body may remain proportionate, the upper body will appear inflated. Users tend to super size the muscles in their shoulders and upper back."
Deltoids are probably the biggest dead give away. They get extremely overdeveloped through steroid usage.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
First of all you can't speak for an entire gender's reason for going to the gym. Many do it for attention. Many do it to be strong. Many do it to cure boredom etc.

Second of all people do care about what the opposite sex thinks if that is who they are sexually attracted to. You seem in denial.

True but neither can you , right? Thankfully I don't run in them circles... plus I'm happily married of 33 years could careless what the opposite sex think about me ... ~ Last I have a home gym, so no seeking out unwanted attention ~~

Last edited by WildCard~; 02-23-2015 at 03:02 PM..

Old 02-23-2015, 02:14 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Sadly out all the fitness forum I'm on this one has a lot disinformation and other issues as well as you can see..It's pretty much your damned if you do or don't ...
I think a lot of the disinformation comes not only from the 1-3 post spammers who prey upon people who really need to lose weight with their spam links of useless products (HCG, B vitamin, etc.) but also because a lot of people give advice who really shouldnt be giving advice. On top of that, the original posters always seem to ignore the really good advice and focus on, and reply to the horrible advice given by people who dont know any better. Its like they dont really want to improve themselves so they seem to like to respond to people with the bad advice or the people who just say things to make them feel good mentally.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:20 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
If you don't know anything about it, which you clearly don't, maybe it's better to keep your mouth shut before you appear foolish.

You can easily look up the info yourself. Have you seen any other women who were able to build the type of strength and mass this girl has built without using steroids?

This is a telltale sign:

What tripe. But nice try. I never said the woman wasn't using. I simply said that her (to you) underdeveloped legs wasn't a giveaway. Juice develops the muscles in direct proportion to how much yu work them. It has no particular affinity for Deltoids or any other muscle group of the upper body. Bodybuilders often overdevelop their upper bodies with isolation exercises and become unbalanced. That is simply because of ego. Big guns are more impressive to civilians than big quads. Powerlifters are much less unbalanced because the power lifts are all compound movements that work almost the entire body. Her legs look smooth because she isn't pointing her feet in any of the shots or otherwise deliberately bringing out any of her leg muscles.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I think a lot of the disinformation comes not only from the 1-3 post spammers who prey upon people who really need to lose weight with their spam links of useless products (HCG, B vitamin, etc.) but also because a lot of people give advice who really shouldnt be giving advice. On top of that, the original posters always seem to ignore the really good advice and focus on, and reply to the horrible advice given by people who dont know any better. Its like they dont really want to improve themselves so they seem to like to respond to people with the bad advice or the people who just say things to make them feel good mentally.

Agree!

Old 02-23-2015, 04:53 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
As she is now: (YUCK!)
As she was before: CUTE--at best.

IMO--she down graded herself.
I tend to agree.

That back of hers would make me think she is a man, and overall she is definitely not my cup of tea.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness