Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 01:27 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times

Advertisements

I recently began using my treadmill again after my left knee FINALLY started feeling better (after literally years). I love using it but it was taking up a LOT of space, so today I had it moved into the basement (the movers were AMAZING!!). I think it will be fine down there (the basement is nice and cool, which I like for working out), but I am wondering if there is anything I need to consider, like extra padding underneath or something? (The basement has concrete floors -- its ceilings are finished, but otherwise it's unfinished.)

I'm only 5'4" so the 7' ceiling height will be fine even when I use it on an incline, which I usually do (my SO is 5'10" and I don't think he will have a problem either). But again, are there other things I should be thinking about in terms of having it in the basement?

BTW, I've lived here 3 years and there is no sign of any moisture problem down there, which is a good thing!

Any help/ideas/suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 02:10 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
A simple treadmill mat. Look online - around $40. Just enough padding to absorb some of the shock. I've always had one in my basement (concrete floor). There is also interlocking gym flooring - a little thicker. Actually I have both under my treadmill.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:05 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,937,966 times
My treadmill has sat on the concrete floor in the basement for nearly a decade. I don't have any issues.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:23 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Thank you both (and reps to you both!) for the quick replies. I think I will buy a treadmill mat, just in case there are any moisture problems (seepage from the floor) in the future. I'm about to go downstairs and do my first basement workout!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness