Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 10:44 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Jesus. Can people just not control themselves at all? You go to the gym to workout.

Well .. no - some guys go to parade in the locker room. Hence the post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 11:17 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
So let me get this straight. The only reason you enter the locker room is to take pictures of yourself? This can't wait until you cross the street so you can do it in your own residence, but showering can? If you accidently catch someone in the background of one of your photos without their consent you could find yourself in court or even jail. Chances are you wouldn't even notice them in the pic since you can't take your eyes off your BROceps.

I'm all for plastering your own vanity all over some easily ignorable social media site, that's the reason it exists (besides selling ad space of course). But please take those pictures in your own home.
Nope. Rather take it in the locker room while the #gainz are still fresh and then weigh myself right after for documentation. And I'd rather not shower in a public place.

Like I said, I go really early or really late, so there's rarely anyone in there, anyways. I went at 12:30am this morning and I could've done a photo shoot like I was trying to make the cover of Men's Fitness, and no one would've known or noticed. I never go at peak times where the locker room is filled with people coming from work.

I would think that would go without saying.

Suggestion noted, suggestion disregarded.

Last edited by ATG5; 07-02-2015 at 11:29 AM..

Old 07-02-2015, 11:44 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Like I said, I go really early or really late, so there's rarely anyone in there, anyways. I went at 12:30am this morning and I could've done a photo shoot like I was trying to make the cover of Men's Fitness, and no one would've known or noticed. I never go at peak times where the locker room is filled with people coming from work.

I would think that would go without saying.

Suggestion noted, suggestion disregarded.
Here is what you said:

Quote:
Then again, I go at like 7am or after Midnight at my 24, so there's only a few people in the locker room to begin with.
You shouldn't be using cameras in any capacity in the locker room, period. If there's not a single person in there then it's maybe maybe ok, but if there is a single person in there then you are walking a vary dangerous line. Not mention it's incredibly discourteous if anyone else is in there.

I still don't understand why you don't wait to get home to take the pictures. If you're right across the street what's the big deal?

Old 07-02-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Here is what you said:

You shouldn't be using cameras in any capacity in the locker room, period. If there's not a single person in there then it's maybe maybe ok, but if there is a single person in there then you are walking a vary dangerous line. Not mention it's incredibly discourteous if anyone else is in there.

I still don't understand why you don't wait to get home to take the pictures. If you're right across the street what's the big deal?
Yeah. A few, if any. Some are changing, some are pottying, some are in the shower, but none are in the photos I take, unless they're vampires. Why would I post a picture on IG with someone in the background that I don't know?

There are 3 24's within a 4-mile radius my place, sometimes I go meet a friend(s) to workout with or sometimes I just go to a different one, such as last night.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:56 AM

13,264 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Haven't read all of this so it may have already been said but the older guys 60+ most of those guys went though the draft which means most of them had military service. I wonder how that person who was wearing a swimming suit while taking a shower would be able to deal with his phobia of seeing a man without cloths on if he was drafted into 1950's army, or worse yet 1950's Marine Corp Depot Parris Island.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:09 AM

287 posts, read 327,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Haven't read all of this so it may have already been said but the older guys 60+ most of those guys went though the draft which means most of them had military service. I wonder how that person who was wearing a swimming suit while taking a shower would be able to deal with his phobia of seeing a man without cloths on if he was drafted into 1950's army, or worse yet 1950's Marine Corp Depot Parris Island.
There's an older guy, ex-Marine and Vietnam Vet, who works out about the same time I do. Probably mid-60's and we talk a lot while working out and in the locker room. This past Saturday morning we started a conversation while on the treadmill and it carried over into the locker room. He was in the stall next to me in the showers and we were talking over the stall wall- carried on out to the drying area and we probably stood in the drying area a good ten minutes, both naked as the day we were born, talking away. In the meantime, the gentleman who originally asked me to "please cover up" while walking around the locker room comes in and is staring at both of us as he is changing into his workout clothes, giving both of us the major stank-eye look. He walked past us and I said "Hey, how you doing?" and he just grunted at me in disgust. Ex-Marine looks at me and says "What's his problem?" and I tell him that he takes offense to men walking around naked in the locker room. He paused, started laughing and said "You have GOT to be kidding..."

Old 07-09-2015, 09:46 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
People can do whatever they want in the locker room, just don't sing, hum, or whistle. Walk naked all you want, but as soon as I hear that guy singing in the shower, I'm done.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:22 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
My dad would sing in the shower all the time, mostly hymns or such. LOL

Old 07-10-2015, 06:04 AM

287 posts, read 327,075 times
Quote:
Well, you would hate me, then.

I take pics of my #gainz at least once a week, so I'm that guy in the mirror with his shirt off/lifted snapping pics for Instagram and Snapchat.

Then again, I go at like 7am or after Midnight at my 24, so there's only a few people in the locker room to begin with.

I also work out with one of those high altitude training masks, so if you don't have headphones, you can hear me breathing like Darth Vader during my workouts if you're close enough.

As far as the changing, showering, being nude, etc., I live across the street from my 24, so I don't have to worry about that aspect. They have a scale near the exit, so unless I'm taking a pic, I don't go into the locker rooms.
A dude FINALLY got 86'd from the gym I go to last week. There have been a rash of complaints about smartphone use in the lockers for months and it looks like they are finally enforcing the rule. I wasn't there when it happened but the rumor mill said he was taking a selfie in front of a mirror by the sinks- which is right across from the shower room and drying area.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyforprez View Post
A dude FINALLY got 86'd from the gym I go to last week. There have been a rash of complaints about smartphone use in the lockers for months and it looks like they are finally enforcing the rule. I wasn't there when it happened but the rumor mill said he was taking a selfie in front of a mirror by the sinks- which is right across from the shower room and drying area.
Yikes.

Well, I've been going to the 24 across the street, so progress pics are taken at home.

However, I follow a lot of fitness people on Instagram, and they are constantly taking pics in the bathroom and pics and videos in the gym. In some of the videos recording their workouts, there are people in the background.

This one guy I follow is a Instagram/fitness celeb, and he'll workout shirtless, and take workout pics and videos in the gym. Either he goes at like 2:30 am or he (and some of the others that do this) must be "cool" with the staff at these 24's to get away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness