Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 02:49 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times

Advertisements

Just be consistent even when you don't feel like it. Don't eat your dinner until you do your work out (example of rewarding yourself). If at all possible, get out there in the fresh air and walk a few times a week. Power walking is fun but you can alternate fast, regular every minute or so. Really stretch out and be mindful of your core. Stand tall and tighten up those core muscles with every thing you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 08:42 AM

51 posts, read 43,718 times
thanks for all the helpful info i appreciate it very much. i did misunderstand how it all works as i say i am no pro on the subject otherwise i wouldn't be 191lbs in the first place lol i will def try use all this info to my advantage ^_^

Old 11-18-2016, 11:52 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
From my experience, you'll want to do both - exercise AND watch what you eat. You'll be happier that way. Start with low-moderate intensity then work your way up as you get more fit. Add strength training to your workouts. Don't start out gangbusters - take it slowly and be forgiving of your body. Most of all, persevere.

Don't immediately start out at 1200 calories. I started at 1800 actually and lost weight, gradually tapering the calories as I got thinner. I don't think I ever went down to 1200 as that was unbearable to me. Instead, I upped the exercise to four days per week and that seemed to do the trick, along with diet.

Also, people may dispute this but whatever. I subscribed to controlled "cheat days". During the cheat day/meal, I ate what I wanted and didn't bother counting a damn thing. So yes, while "dieting", I ate "bad stuff". Sometimes you have to be honest with yourself and find what works for you. "Cheat days" helped curb overeating and cravings, two things that ultimately sabotage any diet. You CAN'T outrun your fork, but exercising at moderate-high intensity did allow me to reward myself with the cheat days. It also helped me look good and improved my stamina.

You want to look good and feel good and exercise, coupled with diet, will achieve that. Find what works for you then get out there and start.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:15 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,164,704 times
I think 1,200 calories a day could be too low for you right now. Once you lose some of the weight you can probably lower your calorie intake and be fine, but if you're maintaining a weight of 191 I'm guessing you're eating a good bit more than 1,200 calories a day now. If you make too many changes too fast, your mind and your body will not be pleased with you and you will more than likely want to give up on your plan.

For reference, I'm a female and I'm a tiny bit shorter than you and I maintain a healthy body weight on a 2,000-2,500 calorie diet. I would probably lose weight on a 1,600-1,800 calorie diet.

Have you done any food journaling or anything for a baseline?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness